Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

This is our Pie board anyone else think Scud was great?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He was very good. federer was a freak, only 2 unforced errors in the whole first 2 sets, thats hard to beat.
Also those winners he hit with the little flick of the wrist were amazing
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:06 pm
Post subject: ....Reply with quote

Gees MG.... u really are a bitter man.

I thought Phillippousis played as well as I have seen him play.... only problem is Federer was faultless. Federer simply played better on the day.

No disgrace. Well done Mark!!!!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:22 pm

magpie greg wrote:
Well said Culprit.

The guy choked. Obviously he couldnt read the messages taped to his fingers lol!

This is the guy who had a sook about Newk and Roche, you know, those guys who were telling him how to improve his game but what would they know, they only won a stack of gradn slams and Davis Cups.

No, he went off and had a sook, I twould be like Didak having a sook b/c Bobby Rose or MM told him what he has to do to improve and then he refuses to play until they are replaced.

That is putting your country first, NOT.

And what has his Greek background got to do with it? Talk about a red herring.

Anyway he lost last night and I am so glad. Rafter ha more class in his bumfluff than the DUD will ever have. perhaps he should go out and but another Porsche to console himself.

How many Grand Slams is it he has won now? Oh yes, ZERO.

And to those who have a go at me personally, (you will note I have made no personal comments about the other posters who disagree with my view), I think it tells us something about your tolerance of opposing views.

Yeah Rafter put his country first and it cost us at least one Davis Cup. Yeah Newk and Roche were a real help to Scud. They went and sat in Rafters camp for US Open final. Had the final been Hewitt v Rafter would they have done that ?? I think not.

The Scud didnt choke, he simply lost to a better player at the moment in Federer.

jlc

cat 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:22 pm

I have to disagree with you MG and culprit, but you have your reasons. I find what he has come back from to reach the final is nothing short of insperational ( I cant spell) Yes he lost the final but to a player who is so talented and he was simply outclassed on the day. I hope he does well in the US open

Cat
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:37 pm

To say that he choked against Federer may be an opinion but it is a misinformed one. Federer deserved his victory and quite frankly nobody would have touched him in either his semi or the final. He was too good. In tennis, there are times when people lose rather than the opposition winning. Last night, Federer won - the poo didn't lose. I'm quite happy to talk tennis with anyone here...I'm arrogant about my knowledge of how the game is played.

Don't start me on Newc....that guy has his own agendas. Once again the public have no idea what that personality scrap was about....but for those who criticise the poo for his davis cup efforts, please ask yourself this: were newc and roche thinking of Australia first when they alienated the poo? It takes two to tango.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:39 pm

Magpie Greg Quote:
Anyway he lost last night and I am so glad. Rafter ha more class in his bumfluff than the DUD will ever have. perhaps he should go out and but another Porsche to console himself.
End Quote

So, when are you thinking of buying a Porsche Greg? Maybe in your next life? Rolling Eyes Honestly, get a grip and give credit where it's due!

My question is as "immature" as your comment!!

Last edited by Elvira on Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:47 pm

I think the main problem MG is that you persist in the fiction that Phil. choked. That might have been true of the Phil. of old, and it's an easy label to throw around, but all the stats in last night's game, and the way the match was played, dispute this. There were barely any unforced errors in the first two sets. Federer simply hardly made a mistake, as well as hitting plenty of winners of his own. He deserved to win, and Phil. was far from disgraced - just outclassed.

You complain about personal comments, but most of your criticism relies on personal attacks on Phil. and most of those are based on what's been presented to you via the media. That also goes for your rosy view of Pat Rafter. I'm not saying Rafter wasn't/isn't great, but it's a very manipulated image that you get of him. You see him as a benefactor for children's charities, but not living in tax exile, for example.

Same goes for Scud. You see the fast cars, the girls, and come to a conclusion. You remember the early years, the problems with Davis Cup, but forgot when he came back and played the match of his career to win it for us. You talk about his ego, but overlook the incredibly gracious speech he made for Federer which he had to make through the pain of his defeat.

And you could give him a little credit, not just for coming back after a horrible series of injuries, but for winning six successive matches, including a five-setter against Agassi, to make the final.

So that's why I say, show a little generosity of spirit, without meaning it personally.

The Weed

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:50 pm

Good call Weed.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:51 pm

Very well said Weed. You hit the nail on the head!!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:59 pm

Well put MG, you forgot to add that once a player can actually return a Scud serve, the Scud turns into the Dud. ALA Choker.
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:11 pm
Post subject: ....Reply with quote

MG....

You seriously expect people not to have a go at U? You just tried to degrade/humiliate a person based on what a TV / Newspaper has reported. Do u think u know the full story? You are either really arrogant or ignorant (perhaps a combination) to think you are in a good position to criticise.

U r totally right, I have no tolerance for an opinion which is so derogatory of a person who has done nothing to you.

Imagine if you said this to Phillippousis u smart arse, he would have knocked you for 6.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:13 pm

Let's not get too personal shall we.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:14 pm

You can tell it's School Holidays.. lmao
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:30 pm

Oh shit, I am in tears laughing. Way to funny MG... lmao
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:35 pm

Don't bother addressing any facts that may make you uncomfortable MG. You wouldn't want to upset any of those hard-earned prejudices, now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: