Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

This is our Pie board anyone else think Scud was great?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said the Scud was playing for the Greek community??? He was playing for himself and his country Australia! There's nothing wrong about the Greek Australians feeling proud of the Scud and if you really want to know, we were behind him more because he's our "[snip] boy" that represented your country Australia and he's done us all proud regarless the results! Where was Hewitt your superstar true blue???

BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT...

BTW, regrding the comment on the Porsche I was talking/typing to your level you knob and also when I mentioned earlier that you refuse to support your own that ment to support your own country you wank. Think your funny do ya? The only 2 laughing at this is you and your buddy Culprit, great minds think alike. Says a lot...

Last edited by Elvira on Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daniel Capricorn

MG.... man u r so funny *not* Just stick to being a grumpy old man.
Pied Piper Aries

That makes no sense MG. See my earlier post on the previous page, that spells it all out.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:55 pm

MG, you wrote "come out and say what you mean, b/c basically you haven't said anything". Seeing you missed it the first time - here I am, throwing paper darts from behind the bushes...

the_weed wrote:
I think the main problem MG is that you persist in the fiction that Phil. choked. That might have been true of the Phil. of old, and it's an easy label to throw around, but all the stats in last night's game, and the way the match was played, dispute this. There were barely any unforced errors in the first two sets. Federer simply hardly made a mistake, as well as hitting plenty of winners of his own. He deserved to win, and Phil. was far from disgraced - just outclassed.

You complain about personal comments, but most of your criticism relies on personal attacks on Phil. and most of those are based on what's been presented to you via the media. That also goes for your rosy view of Pat Rafter. I'm not saying Rafter wasn't/isn't great, but it's a very manipulated image that you get of him. You see him as a benefactor for children's charities, but not living in tax exile, for example.

Same goes for Scud. You see the fast cars, the girls, and come to a conclusion. You remember the early years, the problems with Davis Cup, but forgot when he came back and played the match of his career to win it for us. You talk about his ego, but overlook the incredibly gracious speech he made for Federer which he had to make through the pain of his defeat.

And you could give him a little credit, not just for coming back after a horrible series of injuries, but for winning six successive matches, including a five-setter against Agassi, to make the final.

So that's why I say, show a little generosity of spirit, without meaning it personally.

The Weed

woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:02 pm

Some people are obviously bored.

There arguments are flawed. If they do not like Mark Philippoussis - that's fine. They can call him a dud if they like as well.

The scud has over nine million reasons to show them otherwise.

Everyone can make errors in judgement in their lives - I defy anybody to tell me different.

So what if he snubbed ONE Davis Cup tie??? Does that mean we snub him forever???? I think not.

Some people just need to bag others to cover up their own small pathetic lives and make themselves feel better. (AKA Tall-poppy syndrome).

Not singleing out anyone here....
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:06 pm

(cough) MG.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:07 pm

woe_is_me wrote:
Some people are obviously bored.

Everyone can make errors in judgement in their lives - I defy anybody to tell me different.

Bored. Of course not. And how dare you defy me, I'll have you know that I'm never wrong.
Well there was that one time when I thought I was wrong, but I wasn't.

Look can we just chill hear. <= Note look not a question.

woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:13 pm

LOL....I am chilled Anthony!!!

Just trying to point out some of my observations of human behaviour!!! Smile
Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:18 pm

Well seeing as though you dont like the Scud for your own personal reasons I thought I should bring up the Super Star Hewitt seeing he got done in the first round...Couldnt mention Rafter could we?

Magpie Greg Quote:
You did, and I quote.
and no matter what the results were he's done us Greek Australian's VERY PROUD

You also said

he's our "[snip] boy" that represented your country Australia

I thought your country was Australia too. But you said "your country" not "our country" so I suppose you are admitting it is not.
End Quote

Where have I mentioned that he is playing for the Greeks? My post says that he's (the Scud) has done us "Greeks" proud. Reason being the Scud is of Greek heritage. That's all.

Yes my country is Australia but I was born in Greece. I make one typing mistake *your instead of *our - so sue me??!!

Anyway, theres no use of going on and on here. You have made your point and I have made mine. Move on....

Dont feel sorry for me Greg, take a good look at yourself buddy!

Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:37 pm

oxford dictionary for MG = lonely bitter old man
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:38 pm

Well lets narrow it down. You dont like the Scud because he was disloyal to Australia. So that must mean you like the loyal Australians. If not please tell us which tennis players make the grade. Already i have eliminated Agassi and the recently retired Sampras as they were not big participants in Davis Cup. Anyway back to the slip slop slap fan club.

That would be Wayne Arthurs, Scott Draper, Todd Woodbridge.

Combine those three players and you would almost have one big dud.

jlc

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:43 pm

VPT far better place for this. Don't you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:52 pm

JLC Quote:
That would be Wayne Arthurs, Scott Draper, Todd Woodbridge.

Combine those three players and you would almost have one big dud
End Quote

Nice one JLC Wink

Ok, maybe I shouldnt have used the words "knob, wank & Dud" somtimes the fingers get carried away when I'm typing, sorry Greg. I still think the Scud deserves more credit though!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:54 pm

HEY greg looking at ure pic u look like ure stuck in a time warp boofhead and yes Phillippousis is a greek name doesnt look aussie to me mr crocodile dundee so u stick to ure meat pies , kangeroos , holden cars,lining up for the dolland cant forget the old VB i once new an aussie who sold his wife for a cold vb lol and worship ure aussie heroes in ned kelly , skippy the bush kangeroo and ull be righty mate so 70s greg u leave our scud alone .. now on ure way greg to dimmeys for a $2.99 SPECIAL ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:56 pm

Mike, why isnt my avatar showing??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: