Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Shane Wakelin?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie Mark 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2000 6:18 am
Post subject: Shane Wakelin?Reply with quote

Will he be a good pickup?

I think Mick might have something in mind for him. He is a defensive coach and he will be transformed under his guidance.

I only hope he doesn't unsettle Presti from full back because he was looking like a really good player in the last half of the year.
Magpie Mark 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2000 9:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Darryl was the better of the two and he's gone to Port Adelaide.

You would have to think Mick knows what he's doing. The backline desperately needs bolstering so its good that they got him.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2000 9:26 am

if Darryls gone to Port why did they say both brothers were in the draft yesterday?

I remember watching them closely at Waverley in 98 when they were always down the backline right where we were sitting. Darryl seems the better of the two if you ask me but Shane is ok too. This year Shane fu#ked up his ankle and only played a handful of games then he apparently caught some infection in the hospital keeping him out for longer. Tim Watson kept bloody playing him out of his usual back position which pissed me off heaps but i guess thats good for us now coz he will be able to play where ever Mick puts him.

other stuff on Shane...
nickname down at Moorabbin: Shagga
originally from: SA
wore number 12 for Saints
very hard to tell apart from his twin Darryl (Drizza)
um and him and his brother are very handy with the chicks!

GOOD LUCK SHAGGA!!!

???

deanricho 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2000 11:51 am

I beleive its a fair pickup(as we got him for nothing as well) because we do need a back up down there in defence and its only been a couple of niggling inhjuries that have stopped him from playing more football in the past. Daryl Wakelin is said to be better but Shane can also be as good or even better (he didnt cost the 4th pick in the draft either).
I just hope also that he does not interfere with Presti,s development he has been fantastic down their alongside Richo and maybe then he can be the 3rd tall we need or just another fringe player. (I BELEIVE WORTH THE RISK)

Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 4:47 am

Quote:
I beleive its a fair pickup(as we got him for nothing as well) ... and its only been a couple of niggling inhjuries that have stopped him from playing more football in the past.

Funny, I heard that same thing from a Kangaroo supporter this morning...talking about Sav Rocca....

------------------
Broadie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: