Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mal "Punch" Michael.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 5:15 am
Post subject: Mal "Punch" Michael.Reply with quote

I hope he does not go.

Here is my theory.

Mal lives and is good mates with Chrissy T. He knows how much extra Chrissy T got by playing hard ball at the start of the 2000 season and wants his own piece of the action. Mal is holding out for more money.

I hope my theory is true. I reckon Mal is tops. In his first two seasons, he played in the backline and just punched the ball away from the contests all day long. It was beautiful to watch at least one Collingwood player doing the right thing (I was not a fan of Presti at this stage).

Collingwood is paying the price for decimating its player list of senoir players. The younger players know there is room in the salary cap for them to get more, and so they are going for it. We will continue to have this problem with our younger starts until we have a decent balanced player list.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 10:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i reckon the same thing, if you know its there then why not try and get some?
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 11:21 am

Yeah I think its a problem that will have be addressed and I'm sure they are addressing the problem.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 3:22 pm

what do you think they will do in a couple of years when they all want more and there isnt more to give?? its all about money these days.
skins 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 9:28 am

i say to hell with mal..if he wants to leave...let him go. I've just about had enough crap from certain players over the last 20 years. If they don't want to play for Collingwood...for the history..for the tradition..for the jumper....let them go and be disloyal elsewhere. We only want players like Rowdy...who'd run through a brick wall for the jumper. I can't see that Mal really wants to sty if he is prepared to muck the club and his team mates around.

I'd be rapt for him to piss off and then we could get someone who might acctually have some loyalty to the club...even someone like Power or Malloy from Brissy.

Don't get me wrong, Mal is a good player..but he is just that..a good player. He is not a standout...he will not be a legend...he will not be a champion that we will still be talking about in 20 years (like Bucks). Like Jack Dyer always said...he's a good ordinary player.

But worst of all...he's a good ordinary player with a bad attitude. I tell you what...it's a long time since i played footy and I was no where good enough to have ever played VFL or AFL...but I love this Club and if I could have played for Collingwood..I would have be so proud.

So the lesson of this is...mix Mal's talent with the obvious devotion of supporteRs on this BB....and we'd have &%$#&* superstars. BUt the reality is...there is no loyalty (I know..you're gonna say the Club doesn't show it either), but they are the big picture and the club is bigger than ANY player.

We should only want players who love the CLUB.

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 9:45 am

HEY SKINS

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID IS 100 PER CENT TRUE,

I WISH I HAD OF HAD THE TALENT TO PLAY WITH COLLINGWOOD
A RAMPAGING JOFFA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MCG WOULD OF BEEN A GLORIOUS SIGHT,

ITS SIMPLE IF U DIDNT HAVE A BEAUTIFUL COLLINGWOOD JUMPER ON
BE PREPARED TO TASTE BLOOD !!!

OK I THINK I WILL JUST GO AND KICK SHIT OUT OF THE BACK DOOR NOW.

IM SLOWLY LOSING IT !!!!!!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 9:49 am

HEY GREG

HOWZ IT GOIN MATE,

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 4:21 am

Things are okay, Joffa. Not enough time for extensive posts.

Good news though, Deano got us some tickets to the last of the post home and away season practice matches they are playing at the moment. So at least one more trip to the Cricketer's Arms this year! I have been surprised to find out the pub is expecting a large crowd for this day, so the kitchen will no tbe open! I did not even know the Cricketer's opened when Collingwood was not playing!

IF JOFFA PLAYED FOR COLLINGWOOD,
* at least we would have the most suspended, the most reported player in league history. Joffa takes Collingwood losing hard, and he would probably get reported during each loss.
* we would have a salary cap advantage. Joffa would play for a $1 a season (as long as we slung him some beer too and looked after his family)
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 7:42 am

As with Love,,,, the only way sure way one is going to receive true Loyalty is to GIVE true Loyalty…..

Skins, your comment about the absolute honour of perhaps being able to play for CFC is a good one and every member of this Board would love to have played for the Pies, no doubt, even the shielas….

So for the above 2 reasons (ie para 1 and para 2) I strongly suggest that even the Jason Wild’s of our mighty club get the honour and respect they deserve.

Everybody should be entitled to put in their 2 bobs worth of constructive criticism but really and truly some of the comments on hear border on hate at times. (Mike is in fact a good role model of this if you go back and look at his posts).

Oh and on this topic, did you read the embarrassing report about CFC having so many of its’ players verbally and apparently physically abused….. Tragic… Pathetic…. Shameful….. Sick…..

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 8:00 am

well said Pie no sauce, exactly my thoughts! (well this is sounding all too posh for me - a post without even any swear words) so cya

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 10:11 am

well of course us sheilas want to play for collingwood! though we'd look like absoulute dickheads and lose the game. but we'd be allowed to go in the changerooms, now wouldn't that be a good thing spidergirl!! we'd go to the gym bit and get some 'exercise'......
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 12:08 pm

haha good one CQ but we've basically seen everything already

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 12:25 pm

ok i guess it would like kinda funny ...lol

[This message has been edited by joffa#2001 (edited 24 August 2000).]

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 5:18 am

I agree Pie With No Sauce. It is tragic for a supporter to abuse a member of his own club. Even if he is the worst hack, he deserves a certain respect. To abuse the player is to abuse the club. Expressing an opinion is okay, abuse is not (verbal or physical).

I still harbour a theory that our players get bagged more by the oppposition supporters than our own barrackers. I do not think the article in the Hun meade any difference. If all they are saying is that Collingwood players and barrackers are picked on more than anyone else, well you did not need to be a friggin' genius to work out that. All they had to do was ask me. I wonder how much money they spent on that research?
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 1:56 am

So you would have played for collingwood for nothing?
You can't blame the players for wanting to make a bit of dough in exchange for damaged knees etc. I mean loyalty works both ways, the club should give players a decent piece of the "pie"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: