Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boomer 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 10:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

okay guys chill out about bucks...

one of my very best friends plays for the crows (simon goodwin) and he told me that nathan buckley is a top bloke, in fact, he said that nathan was one of the most friendly blokes at the all australian awards night.

as many players were committed to finals action at that stage only a few of them could celebrate (hit the piss) and simon told me that the whole bar bill (about 15 players and partners) was payed for by Bucks. simon also said that he thinks pies players use nathans presence as a cop out to relax. he said that bucks could come to the crows, scream his head off at players, and they wouldn't whinge. the crows respect nathan highly!!!!!!!

sure he demands excellence - but he isnt a wanker - and if an elite footballer cant take criticism from a player of buckleys ilk then he should piss off to the amateur league and play for 100 bucks a game.

these players are payed to perform. bucks does his bit!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 10:52 am

ahh yeah we will be the captains spidey!!
anyway besides that i have nothing to say about this whole thing.
JBJ 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 11:10 am

Boomer, I agree 100% with what you said....just wish I could have said it....

Bucks just wants to play footy, let him do what he does best AND be thankful that WE'VE got him...
NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 9:55 pm

Boomer couldnt agee more with your comments. Al alternative, yes Burns may be ok or Richo short term...Player are hiding behind Bucks' ability. If Buckley would have gone to Essendon he could have put a wooden spoon in everyone else locker...How about paying the man some repsect for the loyalty he has shown our shitful club since he has been there. People are willing to forgive Mal Michael and the spoilt boy Chrissy Tarrant...Another fine example of us aussies and the "tall poppy syndrome" If he needs to change his ways he will and Malty wont tolerate anything else...I am also sure if they would say to Bucks resign your captaincy for a season he would do that but than it maybe bye bye Magpies.
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 4:13 am

people u are missing the point!!!!!!

IF THE TEAM IS NOT BEHIND BUCKLEY
HE MUST STAND DOWN.

IF BUCKS HAS CREATED THIS PROB HE MUST WEAR THE CONSEQENCES.

I DONT CARE HOW GOOD HE IS THAT IS NOT THE POINT

THE POINT IS MAN MANAGEMENT!!!

THE POINT IS PLAYING FOR ONE ANOTHER
HELLO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF TEAM.

WHAT IM SAYING IS IF NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT
WE ARE ROOTED AND VERY UNPROFFESSIONAL

BUT I GUESS WE ALLREADY KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 4:18 am

Fellow pies dont come on here and bag me about this
i love bucks as a player he is a champ.

But im wise enough to know the importance of team harmony
im afraid to say only bum teams and clubs have these problems.

Have we become the new st kilda of old!!!!

I want collingwood to be an awesome power again but im afraid people im very afraid that if this problem is not fixed quickly
we have a new home and we are allready getting used to it

AT THE BOTTOM.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 6:34 am

Why don't they just change captains every year or every week for that matter Eddie seems to be the real captain down there anyway although i dunno what good he has really done except bring us supporters a little hope!

Yep Joffa, Pies r like St.Kilda or even worse they lose as much as i rememeber Fitroy doing. Oh well we still love the Pies for some strange reason!

???

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 11:36 am

I do not think that the coach has a carte blanche to give his players a spray. A spray should be used as a surprise weapon, to get a reaction out of the player(s). I can not see it of much use in a young team.

Spidergirl, can you give some more info on the spray Stan gave to one of his players (was it Max H. the guy who cried when they lost?, wow no wonder Stan got sacked, I wonder what would happen to MM if he starting giving Josh and R Shaw huge sprays?). I sort of remember the story, but not any of the details.

I have been so frustrated at my team over the last couple of years (as we all have) that I have been tempted to give them a spray myself (instead I just hang my head in my hands). Nearly all of us are giving them sprays on this BB. [WARNING! Rhetorical question approaching] Why should Nathan be any different? Well, because he is the captain, and all his actions should be directed at getting the most out of his players. I am of the opinion that sprays are not overly helpful with young sides, probably not a lot of help to older sides either.

In the end I just want Nathan to aid in the development of the good young players, whether it be as captain or not. But I do not favour getting rid of him, as Burns aside, there is no alternatives.

Richo is disqualified because he was not even an automatic selection at the start of the year. I admit he is now, but as little as a year ago, he was playing in the two's and spending a lot of time on the bench of the firsts.
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 3:13 pm

Who is fitroy spides??....lol

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 3:20 pm

well i think i do have something to say actually. buckley is obviously staying at collingwood for a reason he does want to make it a sucessful club and well he may or may not be going the right way about it but he is probably TRYING to go the right way about it, i dont think he TRIES to be a prick or whatever joffa and whoever else thinks. and thats about all i have to say.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 4:45 pm

hey shut up Joffa i type 2 fast ok ---> FitZZZZZZZZZZZroy! there hope thats better on the old eyes !

Yeah Greg J it was Maxie boy who Stan was giving a spray too. All i remember was at one of the breaks he specifically targeted Max and was really getting stuck into him about something. Then after that a big thing was made out of it in the media and i got the feeling that the players had a vote or something and voted Stan out. I think Alves was told he would have to leave if he didn't get them into the finals that year anyway. I thought he was a really good coach one of the best around at that time but can understand that if the players have no respect for him and can no longer relate to him then its best to leave.

ah beautiful conclusion there CQ now heres mine : With Bucks we are Fu@ked with him and Fu@ked without him!

???

boomer 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 6:05 pm

If nathan buckley was so concerned about his behaviour and how it was affecting the team - he would either leave (by the way the rumour about him wanting to go to the dons is ludicrous) or pull his head in. he would not carry on like an idiot, and malthouse wouldn't let him. he is NOT at fault.

in fact - to remove him from the captaincy would be nothing short of insane. firstly, it would create an impression of failure, of nathan and the CFC. secondly, can you imagine the pressure on the incoming captain?

nathan buckley is an inspired, inspiring leader. like all good leaders, those that play under him are often spiteful, jealous and therefore detrimental to the team. people like that very rarely see the distance. they fall by the wayside, caught up in an emotional, psychological trap - not being as good as they thought! people like that have usually dominated every form of their life (junior sport etc)and when challenged by a superior level...fail.

unfortunately, we have too many of these types at CFC. types that are told they are great - without earning the tag. so lets get off the back of the one player who has earnt the 'tag' of greatness.

give me a team of so called 'arrogant, anti-social players'(re: john mcenroe, dallas cowboys, chicago bulls, etc) that win - not a team of socially correct wusses that cry when they cant be the one blowing out the candles on the cake.

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 3:56 am

an impression of failure you say BOOMER

you gotta be jokin

we have been the biggest failures in the competition

no not just this year

but last year and the previous 5 years.

TO CQ

GO BACK AND READ MY POST

IF YOU HAVE AN OUNCE OF FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE YOU WILL
KNOW WHERE I AM COMMING FROM.

you see instead of this becomming an interesting topic
you people will try and make it into a bitch fight.

ok well i did play a lot of footy 12 years infact and yes i was one of those poor bastards that never played a finals game.

But i was made aware when i started playing footy that as a team
if you are united it can do great things,you might not be the most talented team but if you play for each other you can do great things.

A team of people striving for the one purpose is a wonderful thing.

If anyone upsets that purpose the team ceases to exist.

A team is not a piece of paper with 22 names on it.

A team is a group of people who through strength help each other
lift each other,encourage each other,look out for each other,aspire to the same cause as each other,

In all those wonderful years of my football life we might not of achieved great success.

But we were there for each other as a team we loved each other
we took care of each other.

You take one of the above things out of any team and you will not
have a bloody team.

like i said people if these rumours are only half true well
it goes to show that not only are collingwood unproffessional bums but an embarrassment to the competition.

please read what i say'buckley is a champion player'but that alone is no credential for a great captain!!!

and that is what is so great about our football

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 12:51 pm

well joffa i actually said WHATEVER joffa and whoever else thinks. i wasnt saying u did say that but u ARE saying that u dislike the fact that he doesnt say thanks and that to your group. oh yeah and i am not trying to start a 'bitch fight'. you are so quick to jump onto your high horse joffa, f*ck calm down a bit!
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 2:14 pm

get a grip CQ and go back and read the post ok
then come back on with something positive to say about this like i mean something that will make sense!!!

because this problem if not fixed will mean another long long year at the bottom, if your happy with that well all the best cause it sure shits me to death.

I could not give one flying shit on who speaks to me, and those who dont, ppl who know me will tell you that!!

My concern here is the well being if this once great club
dont get me wrong i may sound like im going a bit overboard
but i know enough to know that if it isnt fixed it means one thing
WE ARE A VERY SHITE ORGANISATION.
my god even freo finished above us last year allready through
positive recruiting STKILDA are on top of us so where does that leave collingwood you got it ROCK BOTTOM.
We dont need this crap thats going on at present.

This will be my last reply on this matter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: