Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Johnny Who?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2000 2:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WTG Joffa. Can't agree with you on those calls, Greg. Howard used the first rule of referendums...never pose a question that the voters will say yes to. As for bagging Turnbull and co, well, don't let politics become personal, its just another team game like football (although the match results affect ones lifestyle a little more).

If you really need a reason for a republic, go live in the USA, or Europe. Most people there still think we are a colony of mother England, it's embarrassing!!!! Before you make the call about dumb 'foreigners', take a GHLAY!

And for the Chardonnay call, puh-lease!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2000 4:24 pm

Greg, the model put forward was the best one??? It was produced by a stacked convention so that the republic would not come to pass. What others think of Australia is relevant......check out how much your dollar is buying now!
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 4:15 am

poor ole coward and wreath

laurel and hardy come on down!!!!

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 8:47 pm

Hey at least u lot know that within the next ten years or so you'll be rid of the monarchy,us dumb $^%Ł$^Ł" r gonna be stuck with the German pr@cks forever.

London Dave-if people tell u that they think Australia is a colony of Britain then they're having u on cos they're always real quick to tell us how we haven't got an Empire anymore & that we don't count for sh@t on the world stage.

PS I hope that u blokes do get your Republic & soon, but I would also hope that Australia & England keep close ties cos as much as u might not want to admit it they're r more similarities than differences between us & most people here love the Aussies which is saying something because they hate nearly everyone else.

Go the Republic! (your's & ours)
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 5:23 am

Im all for the working class magpie greg and bloody proud of it,

And it saddens me greatly to see the way workers of today are being treated.

Treated like shit

Paid like shit

Looked down upon like shit

yeah bring back the union movement of the past

MAGPIE GREG,

You talk about carman and that very unfortunate and sad
episode regarding that suicide.

What about the people that died under the kennett regime
re the ambulance saga.

What about this hideous GST
petrol prices
electricity
gas
And it goes on and on....

Magpie greg i will proudly bat for the poor the lowly paid working class the elderly the disdadvataged the homeless and the unwanted in a society that is ruled by pure greed.

If that is a crime i proudly stand before your firing squad
and shout out 'guilty'

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 6:07 am

I gotta agree with what (Magpie) Greg says here.

The Windsor form of parliament is undoubtly the most successful form of government in the history of this planet. Why change what it?

If you are pissed of at having the English queen also the Australian queen, well under the Windsor form of government, we have the precedent to cut off her head and replace her with a truly Australian queen. Most Australians would only have lived under a queen in this country and not a king. I think we should cement this, and make the honorific postition a matriachy. Also, while we are at it, the queen should traditionally be the oldest full blooded aboriginal (who is both aboriginally [I think I just made that word up] and western educated), so that we solve the reconciliation problem in the same step as getting rid of that hated Windsor family.

If you want no queen at all, then the model put at the last referendum was ideal. In practice there was no change to our government.

If we elect a president, we empower that president forever and change our political landscape for ever (even if that is not the intention). America succeeds, despite it being a republic, not because of it. Does anyone know how the American president gets elected. Most Americans do not vote, let alone know who their president gets elected.

Long Live Universal Suffrage. I do not give a stuff about the queen. I do give a stuff about our constitution. I was angry about the latest push for a republic. Why push for something that is borderline that will be inevitable in a matter of years. They only did it because they thought it would be nice to coincide with the year 2000, according to them the start of the new millenium, the fools can not even count!

Well at least you found out something else I am passionate about, besides the Pies. I am also extremely keen on vegemite over all those foreign imitators.

And I still think the Frogs ripped of the Fitzroy theme song. And I was thinking of joining the flat earth society, but that is only so I could drop it into conversations.

Oh well, that should be enough!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 6:20 am

Actually, I do not agree with his anti labour spiel, just his views on an acceptable constitutional model.
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 6:04 pm

Hey Greg,
I just thought I'd let u know that English marmite(it's not the same as Aussie marmite) p1sses on your vegemite by a country f@cking mile.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 12:15 am

Greg, The model produced by the convention was designed to fail, although appear acceptable to a republican. I don't disagree with your summation of the model, but there were too many 'what ifs' invovled, hence making it relatively simple to run a NO campaign. The model had the right intention, but was not legally tight enough to avoid a million hypothetical arguments. You can warble on til the cows come home about having an INFORMED opinion and reading the constitution, but the reality of the situation was that the convention produced exactly what Howard wanted. He (JH) may be many things but even he is not stupid enough to organise the success of a proposal he is opposed to.

Regarding the colony talk, perhaps that was a little OTT, the view I get from others is that the British still have some control over Australia.

My point about the dollar was to illustrate the fact that peoples opinions about Australia has a direct relevance to your life, the reconciliation disaster, the deaths in custody etc was big news over here, leaving most people wondering why something was not done about it. Howard looked weak and/or the r word. If you want to stick your head and the sand and ignore the ROW, so be it but dont bag others who take a more global view.

To finish off with recycled Beazley jokes pretty much sums up where you stand mate. Cheap shots over substance.....

Dipper, English Marmite isn't even the worlds best Marmite (NZ stuff is heaps better), let alone the tastiest, most wholesome yeat extract around. It loses on the pepsi challenge every time, just like Crunchies V Violet Crumbles.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 8:13 pm

Greg, if you believe the model was not flawed, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The monarchists campaigned against the model because it was flawed. It was easy to pick holes in it. The battle over whether to be a republic or not is I believe over, so it made no sense to debate that. I don't believe the republicans thought it was the best model either but it was all they were going to get. Why was the model flawed? That was the real job of the convention, to produce a referendum question that gave those who set it up the answer they wanted. I think I referred to the first rule of referendums in a previous post.

We will again agree to disagree on what affects the Oz financial market, though I never made any suggestion the main reason for the toileting $ was republic/social probs, they nevertheless are of some influence.

You point regarding lack of R&D etc has some truth. We passed the point of primary industry being our biggest earner some years ago, albeit 50 years behind the rest of the developed world. The education system does produce the goods, unfortunately most of the products of it p!ss off OS where the jobs are a little more interesting or moolah better. I'm not sure if we have reached the point where the services industries are the biggest earners (where most developed nations are at now) or when this will happen. Is Australia destined to be a quarry and a farm?

Now,can you answer the real question posed by Johnny's captionless appearance in the Indian press.......Are you a marmite or vegemite man?

Eunos 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:08 am

4 year old thread?
Desperation.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:26 pm

& for all us young'uns out there, summarily ignored by the ageing right & now forced to deal with debt-inducing HECS fees & the inequality of a full-fee paying tertiary system, a word of MG-like advice:

PICK A BUD FROM THE GARDEN & HAVE A NICE BIG BONG
raymond35 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:14 pm

Smile i love bad losers
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:40 pm

The public sure screwed me over regarding Uni fees. Thanks Ł$%$ers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:09 pm

magpie greg wrote:

JOHN HOWARD THE GREATEST AUSTRALIAN PRIME MINISTER SINCE MENZIES WHO DID WHAT LABOR COULD NEVER DO

WIN 4 IN A ROW

Er ... let me think about that one.

1983 ... Hawke wins election after the turkey (Malcolm Fraser) calls an early Christmas.

1984 ... Early election ... Labor wins

1987 ... Joh for PM? ... Sorry, Hawke again.

1990 ... What was that about the Collingwood of Australian politics, Greg? Labor makes it 4-in-a-row.

1993 ... Hewson loses the unlosable election to the Placido Domingo of Australian politics and Collingwood number 1 ticket holder.

That's a big 5-in-a-row, by my reckoning.

But don't let the facts .... etc ... etc ...

Given the way the Hawke dominated the 80s, I'd say that Labor is probably the Hawthorn of Australian politics.

Now, go back to your crayons and coloured pencils and have another go at re-writing history, Greg ... and this time see if you can get it right for a change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: