Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Johnny Who?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddies bank balance wrote:
a few yrs ago (3) public liability insurance went through the roof.. i was paying $600 a yr then went to $9600 (i have documents to prove this) and a shit load of small business went out of BUSINESS, let me tell you that there will be a mojor law suit against your goverment in time to come..what will you say then? Shocked

You can blame our litigious society for that. The same thing happens in the America. If our society wasn't so litigious, then that sort of insurance wouldn't cost so much.
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:44 pm

Joel wrote:
Oh creedymagpie, dont be precious.

Ben Johnson hasnt been to good past couple of yrs but turned it around this yr...who says labour cant do the same..anyway all pollies have their good and bad times.

Because Labor's so called Medicare Gold Card was $750 MILLION underfunded. Um, if they can't do the sums when they are not in government - how will they be able to do them once they are in? On top of that, there aren't anough nurses and doctors to cope anyway, and it would force the young out of hospitals.

there is an easier way if you really think about it, instead of criticizing.
eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:45 pm

Joel wrote:
a few yrs ago (3) public liability insurance went through the roof.. i was paying $600 a yr then went to $9600 (i have documents to prove this) and a shit load of small business went out of BUSINESS, let me tell you that there will be a mojor law suit against your goverment in time to come..what will you say then? Shocked

You can blame our litigious society for that. The same thing happens in the America. If our society wasn't so litigious, then that sort of insurance wouldn't cost so much.

you really did reply to the above without thinking didnt you.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:46 pm

hoggy wrote:
Typical Liberal shit speel.

Rich stay rich, poor stay poor.

Why the f*ck would you make a policy to increase hecs and not give a reason. The man is a f*cking disgrace and so are you for your smug output on here.

As if you support a party with f*cking Howard, Downer, Costello, Ruddock, Abbott, Vanstone etc.

So keep being smug, your time will come.

I don't buy into the 'Rich stays rich, poor stays poor' BS. It's got more to do with people blaming society for their ills, or blaming society because they couldn't get into uni. It's also a common phrase for those who are to f#@$@ lazy to get off their arse to do something with their lives.

..and 'not give a reason' for raising uni fees?

There are plenty of reasons. I think unis should get more money, but I also believe students should pay for their education. Reasons include; Unis can't just provide education at the same 'price' forever. Like I said, the federal government should put more money into it, but unis need the money.

Seriously, what is the alternative - Latham? There is no way known I will ever vote for a guy who couldn't even run a council, or a guy that announced a big Medicare Gold Card scheme, at we find out that it would be $750 million underfunded.

I'm not a fan of everything that Howard does, I have often criticised him when talking to friends and family about him, but the alternative isnt' too flash, and the majority of Australians agree.

Notice how it is usually the minority that is the most vocal?
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:48 pm

Joel wrote:
Mags wrote:
Howards ****ed this country like there is no end. And its a pity the Australian public keeping showing how stupid they are after each and every single election. I thought they wouldve learnt by now with all this gst, cutting medibank and telstra...

GST - He told everyone there would be a GST, but was still voted in. Only the public can blame themselves for that. The tax system was unworkable as it was..

Totally agree Joel, Howard went to that election with the GST over his head and still won, he didnt lie to the country and bring it in and not saying he would, he went to an election on the basis of if you vote for me you will get a GST. And he won, that is what democracy is all about!

The Tax system was shocking at that time, we were paying extreme amounts on things we didnt know we were, like Electrical things we had a 22% sales tax which has been abolished!

And how much of an idiot is Latham? we are going to give everyone tax cuts! how? we are going to put up other taxes!

Thank god the majority of Australian's didnt vote for him!

Quote:
a few yrs ago (3) public liability insurance went through the roof.. i was paying $600 a yr then went to $9600 (i have documents to prove this) and a shit load of small business went out of BUSINESS, let me tell you that there will be a mojor law suit against your goverment in time to come..what will you say then?

No Governments are perfect mate. My Parents have opened a Bed and Breakfast on the east coast of Tasmania (Click on my website) and they have had to pay alot of the same. But when you have only got a $100,000 mortgage and you are paying $340 a week in just interest rates without paying off anything, that is far worse!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:49 pm

you really did reply to the above without thinking didnt you.

"Instead of criticizing", how about you shed some light on what I actually said wrong. I'm not saying I'm right, I just want you to shed some light on it.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:50 pm

there is an easier way if you really think about it, instead of criticizing.

An easier way?
eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:50 pm

[/quote]

Notice how it is usually the minority that is the most vocal?[/quote]

why is that Joel?

p.s was it not you Joel who did not like to talk about politics? because it separates community?... if so.. whats changed???

Last edited by eddies bank balance on Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:51 pm

You tell me.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:52 pm

[/quote]

Notice how it is usually the minority that is the most vocal?[/quote]

why is that Joel?
Tell me more about minority that is the vocal.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:52 pm

creedymagpie wrote:
[quote="Joel"][quote="Mags"]Howards ****ed this country like there is no end. And its a pity the Australian public keeping showing how stupid they are after each and every single election. I thought they wouldve learnt by now with all this gst, cutting medibank and telstra...[/quote]

GST - He told everyone there would be a GST, but was still voted in. Only the public can blame themselves for that. The tax system was unworkable as it was..[/quote]

Totally agree Joel, Howard went to that election with the GST over his head and still won, he didnt lie to the country and bring it in and not saying he would, he went to an election on the basis of if you vote for me you will get a GST. And he won, that is what democracy is all about!

The Tax system was shocking at that time, we were paying extreme amounts on things we didnt know we were, like Electrical things we had a 22% sales tax which has been abolished!

And how much of an idiot is Latham? we are going to give everyone tax cuts! how? we are going to put up other taxes!

Thank god the majority of Australian's didnt vote for him!

[quote]a few yrs ago (3) public liability insurance went through the roof.. i was paying $600 a yr then went to $9600 (i have documents to prove this) and a shit load of small business went out of BUSINESS, let me tell you that there will be a mojor law suit against your goverment in time to come..what will you say then?[/quote]

No Governments are perfect mate. My Parents have opened a Bed and Breakfast on the east coast of Tasmania (Click on my website) and they have had to pay alot of the same. But when you have only got a $100,000 mortgage and you are paying $340 a week in just interest rates without paying off anything, that is far worse!
Are you end? What about the other ones? Such an original name!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:55 pm

I'm no longer a mod EBB. I will talk about this until the mods say they don't want people to talk about it.

Politics doesn't mix with football. I'm just sick of reading the BS anti Howard propaganda that is out there.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:03 pm

Joel wrote:
I don't buy into the 'Rich stays rich, poor stays poor' BS. It's got more to do with people blaming society for their ills, or blaming society because they couldn't get into uni. It's also a common phrase for those who are to f#@$@ lazy to get off their arse to do something with their lives.?

You know whats funny i was saying the exact same thing last night. One of my apprentices always seems to think that the government has got it in for her and her family because they are not well off. Well for the fact that she is the only one in her family with a Job i would think that is the main factor. And she should be thanking the Federal Goverment for her Apprenticeship!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:10 pm

hoggy wrote:
As if you support a party with f*cking Howard, Downer, Costello, Ruddock, Abbott, Vanstone etc.

true that, but they look better than having CREAN as the treasurer!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:13 pm

Have to agree with that CQ. Unfortunately for Labor, Crean is a fool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: