Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

200 metres to go in the cup of 2000................

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 9:48 am
Post subject: 200 metres to go in the cup of 2000................Reply with quote

...the bolter sky beau still leads the way on its outside hill of grace is dropping off wth mr nelson running into 3rd position
on its inside our unicorn is travelling ok on its back is the fancied yippyio out wider on the track is diatribe followed by citras prince then bohemiath out wider is brew followed by kaapsstad way held up for a run on the rails is freemason running a bit of a race is pasta express second coming looking for a run but is being held up pravda is gone so is majestic avenue far cry is starting a long run second coming is latching on to far cry the others headed by maguire cannot win with 100 metres to go yippyio takes the lead in the cup diatribe joins it
with citras prince, citras prince looms up to yippyio the cranbourne jockey craig williams is he headed for glory here comes kaaapstads way and flying down the track is second coming with far cry its far cry and kaapstads way citras prince will not give in but second coming will beat the lot of them its second coming looms up to citras prince and second coming will win the melbourne cup of 2000 citras prince what a run its a big go for 3rd arctic owl came from the heavens to get 3rd gee that was some sort of run followed by.......

official placings in the cup

1st.second coming

2nd. citras prince

3rd. arctic owl

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 11:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, you've stolen my thunder, Joffa.

But since you've beaten me to it, I will now offer, absolutely FREE to registered users of Nick's Collingwood Page ...

Alf the Urger's Melbourne Cup trifecta.

1st. Second Coming
2nd. Brew
3rd. Yippyio

I don't know if you people realise how lucky you are. I've charged the morons on BigFooty $99.95 for that blue chip information. But for you, my friends ... it's absolutely FREE. Mind you, cash expressions of gratitude will be gratefully received and are tax-deductible.

Well, Joffa. We've agreed on the winner at least. The only question now is:
Is this a case of "great minds think alike" ... or is it more a case of "fools never differ"?

------------------
**floreat pica**

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 1:20 pm

i tend to think fools never differ alfie babe

but i will chuck yours in trifecta as well

PSSS PSSSSSS GO SECOND COMING

Big poppa pump 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 4:45 pm

Guys you've read my mind,Second Coming is my tip as well.
I think Far Cry is the only danger with Pasta Express the best roughie in it.
I would've been alot more confident if Childs was on him.
Even though it looks like a pretty lame cup field, i won't be complaining if second coming wins and i clean up.

Fletch 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 4:49 pm

I'm favouring Kaapstad Way at this stage, presuming the track is dry.

Also I rate Brew a good light weight chance and it looked impressive on Saturday, and put in Diatribe for the Trifectra.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 4:03 pm

Same here Fletch Kaapstad Way and Diatribe 4 me!!!
c'mon fricken horses win us some money so we can pay off our memberships!

???

azza 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 9:06 am

My wife spent $6 on a half unit trifecta to have Freemason or Coco Cobanna to come first then for second and third Freemason/ Coco Cobanna/ Diatribe/ Yippyio. I've spent $96 on trifectas for Kaapstad Way/ Lightning Arrow/Arctic Owl/Diatribe/Far Cry/Bohemiath and Mr.Nelson as the roughie. I bet my wife comes out in front......I bet the next door neighbours cat comes out in front. Good luck ...

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 10:56 am

Thanks Alf, I took your three places in a boxed trifecta, dinner on me next time I'm in Melbourne.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 10:56 am

Alf

I hope you had enough confidence in your choice to splash out $6 for a boxed trifecta.

If you did, you're $3570.20 better off now!
Fletch 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 12:29 pm

Shit!!...Here I was congratulating myself on backing Brew and then I find out Alf tipped the trifectra.

I'm intrigued now to see if he put the bet on.

C'mon Alfie, tell us something!!!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 12:43 pm

Fu@kin hell good on u Alf!!!
So u gonna buy a legends membership now? Jeez u could buy a whole player! well maybe not but the next shout at the cricketers can definately be on u!
I nearly shit myself when that Macguire horse was up there for a while i wonder if Eddie put a few thousand on it?

???

NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 1:00 pm

Alf you are amazing hope you followed that bet...but please dont tip Collingswood finish next season.......i still like to hope!!! All i Can say at least i did not lose a cent today thanks to Second Coming....
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 1:07 pm

As you all know ... I'm not a gambler.

Well, not much of a gambler.

And when I do gamble I NEVER take trifectas. So while the rest of you are living the high life on the strength of my tips, just spare a thought for poor old Alf.

Mind you, it was a moderately profitable exercise for me. I backed each of my three selections for a win ... and boxed the three of them in a Quinella. So I had a profitable Melbourne Cup ... but nothing like the three grand I could have won if I wasn't such a tight-arsed half-Scottish old wowser bastard.

Ah, well. C'est la vie.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 4:35 pm

well i made my mum fork out twenty bucks for a bet then i put 10 of my own on so together we lost 30 bucks but then dad won 400 and came home and gave us 20 each so in the end i guess we never really lost a cent somehow if that makes sense lol!

???

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 6:23 pm

do we call you bert bryant now alf.....

if its any consolation to you mate i did not back your trifecta like i said i was goin to, am i spewin no not really cant miss what you never had, i had a nice little collect on second coming
which for a minute looked as though it was goin to win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: