Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

guernsey numbers...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eMmA 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2000 1:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ay SPIDERGIRL i dont think i could trust myself if i got him in a corner---if u get what i mean !!!would u???i mean WOW BABY look at the body on him let alone his good looks!!!

LATERZ

SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY IS SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2000 1:52 pm

ah yes but Emma arent u jailbait? lol!

???

eMmA 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 1:39 pm

LOL,yes but still when it comes to a body like that well then AGE IS ONLY A NUMBER!!!! LOL

SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 4:33 pm

hehe dont worry Emma u look heaps older anyway thats wot counts when i first saw ya i thought u and Joffa were goin out i thought u were like the wife who was like 25 or something hehe!

???

eMmA 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2000 4:04 pm

LOL LOL LOL

NO-WAY!!!

Thanx for the part about looking older but not for the part about being dads wife-i love my daddy and all but EWWWW!!!

LOL-hope he doesnt read that!!!

LATERZ

SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2000 8:05 pm

Betheras for No.1, I reckon. Let's face it ... a player that good can't keep on wearing such a pox number as 49.

------------------
**floreat pica**

the president Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 1:33 pm

The coach and the President have put the heads together because the players numbers have been getting a bit out of hand. How bad does it look having three or four top players running around in the 40's?
Without giving too much away, because we are going to have a grand gurnsey presentation at Crown (costs to a minimum we want all the supporters to come along) as well as the family day presentation, all the numbers have been addressed.
We've gone through our history to check out which players wore what numbers to try and build some significance into the numbering.
Surprisingly, given Collingwood as usual was the first club to wear numbers there isn't a great tradition attached to many numbers. In the early days numbers were given in alphabetical order so the Coventry's Fothergill's etc had a different number all the time.
Obviously number 22 with Bob Rose, John Greening and the great man Tony Shaw is a prized jumper and young Rhys will keep hold of it.
Young Cloke has asked for a specific number which he has been granted, his significance on the number will warm the hearts of all pies.
Number one is a beauty,and not a ruckman, and as for devotees of the chippa, well all I can say is get out the needle and thread.
We have some big announcements about tradition going forward and no one will be wearing those ridiculous cut off socks this year.
Until we speak again.
Floreat Pica.
The President.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 1:48 pm

Well that's put us in a spot Eddie.

How can we possibly close the site now that the President's using it?

Sorry, what I should have said was - Welcome to Nick's Collingwood Page Eddie - it's the greatest of honours.

In honour of Eddie's presence, I'd like to make an early announcement. Nick and I will keep the site up and running somehow - by hook or by crook. Magpie Mail is still very slow, but I have hopes that it will pick up as the season gets nearer. I'm still working on the footy tipping - stay tuned.

For those of you who are feeling a bit cynical, as I was, I rang Eddie's office to make sure that no one was posting in his name and using his email address and his PA assured me that 'the president' is indeed Eddie.

So once again Eddie welcome to our world of black and white.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 5:57 pm

ah my god Eddies up here!

so guernsey presentation at Crown ay well jeez thats another one i tell u it better not be too dear already got the black n white ball, copeland, players review etc etc plus all that x4 for me hehe too many clubs Pies is number 1 of course but!

???

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 08 December 2000).]

joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 4:36 am

Cloke has to be number #33
And please whatever you do keep that number #42 in the closet
it would break my heart to see someone else wear this great number.

[This message has been edited by joffa#brutus (edited 09 December 2000).]

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 7:09 am

Eddie, we welcome you with open arms and uncensored opinions.

Congratulations on the financial turn-around. We all look forward to similar efforts on-field.

(PS: I'm still in favour of Josh as #1, given his obvious leadership potential - heck, he showed it on-field in some games last season.)

------------------
Broadie

[This message has been edited by Broadie (edited 09 December 2000).]
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 8:27 am

hmmm yes i say we rob the rebel store Mags do u know how many numbers i have to buy!

???

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 8:29 am

Eddie, keep up the good work with Collingwood. (I won't condescend to disparage predecessors). But know that if you falter, I will one day be President. Failure is not an option.

I suppose Adkins will be Number 1 considering all the comparisons with Ricky Barham and Molloy will inherit his 7, unless as somebody (Toris, I believe) suggested and Bucks will take Number 1 in accordance with the old tradition of the Captain wearing that number.

Take 15 and especially 13 out and have them burned, the latter being particularly accursed. (For those who'll point out Alan Richardson, he did miss the Premiership).

Mike, Nick, good luck with continuing to keep this most excellent of Sites up and running and if there's ever anything I can do, just give me a whistle.

------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Collingwood Rant.

Don't believe the Facts until you've read the Rants![/b]
The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.
---------------------------------------------------------
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 8:36 am

ay no way 13's not gonna be burned isnt bRoDiE boy gettin it?

as for that Mags no comment!

???

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 3:19 pm

I agree with Sly about 13. Not a lucky number. Wayne Gordon had it in the 70's, and died quite young from cancer, I think John Bourke (from Preston, who hit an umpire??) wore it, and did another Preston bloke Brett Cooper wear it too?

Leave it in the cupboard.

And its not good when the players all change numbers each year (I remember it happening every year in the early mid 70's)

Nice to see you on the board Eddie, have you signed up for your magpie mail yet? Has much more panache than a nine.com one!

Joffa, 42 should be permanently retired too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: