Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick's Collingwood Page - The Future

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 5:09 pm
Post subject: Nick's Collingwood Page - The FutureReply with quote

To get right to the point Nick and I will keep the site going next year.

We still have no money and the site takes up far too much of the time that I should be devoting to clients, but we've become accustomed to the lifestyle and I'd much rather spend my time and money on the Pies than the taxman.

The community here is so important both to us and the Club that we just can't end it.

Eddie's recent arrival here has made a difference. I've complained from time to time that the Club is too far removed from its supporters and it has felt like we've putting enormous effort into a black hole - especially when we can't even get to see a game. Now we know the President reads the board - and that makes a huge difference. I can't think of any other president from any club either now or in the past who has interacted with supporters in this way - in their own environment.

Board elections are coming up on Thursday and if I had any doubts before (I didn't), I don't now - Eddie's team has my vote. Now that he's one of us every one of you who is entitled to vote has a duty to get out there and support him - go to it.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 6:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ah kewl as so the BB isnt dying good->1000 more posts of crap comin up!

on ya mikey boy

and Eddie is this really u it better be i swear next time u see me (the chick with the kewl guernsey that u liked with all the badges all down it remember) well u better come n tell me its really u k!

???

ed healey 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 9:48 pm

i missed eddie mcguires posting,what did he have to say?
all good i hope.
being in WA since 74 the only time i hear of collingwood is on these boards,its great,thanx for keeping it going

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 3:37 am

Eddie's left a couple of entries in the Guest Book and has now registered for the Bulletin Board and posted in SG's Guernsey Numbers topic in the Team forum.

Having re-read what I posted above, I realise that I might have sounded as if I was saying that Eddie's visit made the difference. I'd be lieing if I said that it hasn't made a difference to know that the President of the Collingwood Football Club is enough of a people's president to want to mix with us at our place, but the main reason we're going on is that it's just too hard to take the step into a life without the Collingwood fix that we get through you guys. This community is very important to us and the reality is that I can't bring myself to end it. Please remember that we do it tough from time to time and I may call for assistance.

Now to try and shoe-horn Nick out away from his music long enough to re-join the real world.
joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 4:16 am

Im so proud to be collingwood a day does not go by without thinking about my beloved pies.
Im so proud my daughter is a dirty feral mongrel collingwood supporter.
Im so proud of you mike, you could of shut this site down but you didnt.
Im proud of every person on this board the real collingwood people, who could of walked away so easily YOU are the very true meaning of collingwood.
Im proud to call jeremy sharpen and cameron venables mates, allways had time for a chat and even though they are no longer at the club we still keep in touch.
Im proud of eddie cause he is collingwood proud,gee fancy that our president wanting to spend time with us!!
On my tombestone i dont want any sentimental crap i just want it to say'Here lies joffa and he was bloody proud to be collingwood,but knowing my bloody luck i will be surrounded by carlton bastards.
LETS GO PIES WE AINT DONE YET.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 6:26 am

well we can shut down that little scummy assed Pie board on big footy now! lol!

???

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 7:19 am

My world looks better all the time.

Thank-you Mike.

Nice to know the family will survive the holiday season and beyond.

------------------
Broadie
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 9:26 am

How do we know if that was the real Eddie? It might have been one of his helpers. Or someone having a lend of us.

Mind you, I'm inclined to think it was the real Eddie. The style of writing seemed consistent with the Eddie we know and (sometimes) love. And there's no doubt that Eddie is a man of the people. You can take the millionaire out of Broadie, but you can't take Broadie out of the millionaire.

In case you're reading this, Mr.President, I'm that loudmouth in N-11 who leads the chanting at Home games at the G. I'm the one who told all you "suits" in N-12 to rattle your jewellry one day. (I stole that line from my late, great hero who I wrote about in another recent post, "Just Gimme Some Truth") I'm also the guy who yelled out "Don't move our home games to Sydney, Eddie!!!" And, by the way, that bit of "advice" still holds.

And I noticed that you use the same signature as me. So, whoever you are, you must be a pretty good bloke.

------------------
**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 9:36 am

Oh. By the way, Mike.

Would now be a good time to move on that CD idea I wrote to you about in an email once. I'm still happy to do that as a fund-raiser. Just say the word and we can make it happen.

I'm not sure if Christmas is a good time or a bad time for such a venture. What d'ya reckon?

------------------
**floreat pica**

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 11:07 am

I haven't forgotten Alf, but you're right now is the time to move. I'll get something up in the next couple of days.

I am as cynical as you Alf (possible? - yes). My first thought when I saw his first entry in the guest book was - school's out, we're in for a rush of entries from presidents and players. We get lots in the guest book and I just delete them. So I checked the system logs and they showed the source was the Nine Network. I then checked the Bulletin Board for a registration and sure enough, there was one, but no post. That's always suspicious, it often means that one of the best and brightest hasn't figured out that the email address has to genuine to be able to use the board. So I decided to remove the email address he left in the Guest Book and wait and see what happened.

In the time between Eddie making his entry and me removeing the email address, Joffa had seen it and written to him - and got a huge reply. I didn't want Nick's site at the centre of anything that was going to compromise Eddie, so to be sure I rang Eddie's office. His personal assistant said "Does he sign it 'the president'?" I said that he did and he said "That's him, he goes into his office and shuts the door and reads the Bulletin Board."

That was enough to satisfy me Alf.

Eddie I'm sorry that I checked you out, but you have no idea what we get through here at times - who knows, it might have been Sam Newman.
rhain 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2000 1:26 pm

YEAAH!! My dad was really pissed off when he heard Nick's page might be shutting down. Mike and Nick you are friggin legends to keep it going. My dad uses this page mainly to keep track of the score of collingwoods games when they are in progress. Anyway better tell him the good news. I'm sure he won't be pissed off

rhain 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2000 1:27 pm

BROADIE HOW THE HELL DID YA GET THE BIG FACE!?

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 6:15 am

Doug's already provided the details

I only found the site as a result of CJ posting it here (the link is also on the SMILIES LEGEND page on the RHS of the "Reply" page). Hope that makes more sense than it sounds like.

------------------
Broadie
rhain 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 11:58 am

Thanks Doug. I am on the site now. Who made the site anyway?
The person ho developed Ultimate Boards? And Broadie how did you know CJ?

rhain 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 12:02 pm

YES I DID IT!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: