Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Just Gimme Some Truth

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 7:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

soree but fu@k youz all

???

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 8:51 pm

John Lennon as well as being one of my countrymen was a great musician but I don't really think that he should be held up as much more than that,Broadie when you say he devoted 5 years of his life to bringing up his son Sean,I'm sure that his first son Julian is really happy to read that(although I doubt very much he comes to this site)considering his father had bugger all to do with him for a great deal of his childhood.Also you also called Kurt Cobain a coward for topping himself-well what the fu@k do you know about what was going on in his mind at the time,I don't think that suicide=cowardice.

As for you Rhain I know many people who've never touched drugs who are complete 'WANKERS' & many that have who I would not describe as 'WANKERS' in the way that you mean it-perhaps you should grow up a little & experience a bit more of life's rich tapestry before making such sweeping generalisations.

Old Dipper's hero is the Lizard King (Jim Morrisson to those that don't know),like Dipper he walked on the dark side & I find many of his words strike a chord with me

'People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone'

'The old get older & the young get stronger
You've got the guns but we've got the numbers'

'When you accept authority then you become an authority'

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 6:26 am

%$^£$%^&%% yeh Dipper i wuv u for that!

anyway if u look at it->anyone who is part of a band that is still kickin ass years later is a legend! Nirvana, Kiss, etc etc were way ahead of their time!

???

rhain 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 11:23 am

Dipper you would have to be a self-centred FU#K HEAD to commit suicide what ever position you are in! Anyway, again I have my own opinion. Spidergirl don't you think having a hero that died overdosing on Cocaine mixed with who knows what, is a bit demoralising for you image? Somehow, I don't think I would pick somebody who had suicidal tendencies at anytime what so ever.
To kill yourself you are thinking about yourself no one else.
Lennon is a better hero than Cobain by a long way. He didn't commit suicide for one and loved life for two.
Lennon didn't want to die, he died by getting shot in the back by a demented in the mind man. COME ON GET A HERO WHO IS WORTH IT

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 11:39 am

oh my god u little wanker r u still on about this.

I dont give a flying about how i look because my hero took drugs and killed himself if thats all u think Kurt is famous for then u got a hell of a lot to learn about him. Maybe u should do this before u judge little corporate dickhead! Most ppl take drugs and want to kill themselves anyway so wots the difference whether i do it, u do it or Kurt Cobain did it !

???

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 12 December 2000).]

joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 5:59 pm

Rhain that was a good reply mate.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 5:56 am

Drugs do not drive people to suicide. They may drive then to THOUGHTS of suicide, but the mentally strong, those with inner strength will overcome this.

Heard of a little song called Cold Turkey? It's all about Lennon's attempt to rid himself of dru addiction in 1969 (note: "rid himself", not pay someone else a huge amount to do it for him)

"I wish I was a baby
I wish I was dead
I'd promise you anything to get this out of my head"

As for Lennon's absence during Julian's upbringing, I am well aware of that. Again, he realised his mistake and had attempted to re-connect with Julian during 1979 - 80 just before his life was TAKEN from him: he stuck around to try to right his wrongs.

I do not criticise Cobain as a musician (he was a brilliant musician and songwriter), just as a person. Lennon, too, was a severely flawed person, but he attempted to correct his problems rather than run from them.

------------------
Broadie
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2000 11:14 am

Yeah, dead right it is. It's a footy site.

So, I hear you ask, why are we talking about dead rock stars?

Well, Future Pie, when you go to the footy with some friends, do you ONLY talk about footy while you're there?

If you do, you're as boring as bat-shit.

Get a life.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: