Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TV Rights

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 6:19 am
Post subject: TV RightsReply with quote

I believe this deal will be to the benefit of football in the short term and long term. Any extra money pumped into the AFL, considering it won't be making a profit next year and didn't this year will ensure ALL Victorian for atleast the five years from 2002 onwards. What I would like to see though is SOME not all commentators that were on channel 7 come across to nine and ten, because at the moment I can't see Nine or Ten with many GOOD commentators.
Isn't is funny now that Dougie, Dermie, and Dunstall all went to the Seven network from nine to commentate and they all may now be out of a job (Dunstall prob was anyway). I wouldn't mind them picking up Dermie again though.

Any thoughts?
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 10:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No one have any thoughts?

I thought about Dermie, he is pretty biased and that becomes very irratating. Maybe Seven can keep him and put him on a kids show or something!

I forgot to Mention James Hird and co who also jumped ship. How times have changed.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 12:56 pm

Dermie is a yodelling fool who loses u after about the first 3 seconds

Dunstall is a fat toss always biast to Hawthorn

Dougie do i really need to tell u

Barassi is too old and not up to date with todays footy

Shawry and Tim unfortunately noone will take seriously because of their coaching record

Bruce good but a joke now - Speeeecial!

then theres that biast West Coast prik and SA prik

Terry Wallace was good unfortunately his coaching clashed but

Stan Alves would be good i reckon.

Sam Newman i think is a very smart man not afraid to point out the truth which is why ppl argue with him!

ahhh who knows just chuck Eddie in again!

???

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 20 December 2000).]

Seth 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 2:59 pm

The Pay TV rights is obviously a good thing all round though I would like to point out that the only people who are concerned about it are the armchair watchers of the game and not the REAL supporters like us who buy memberships etc and who actually go to the games. I could not give a toss who shows the match and on what channel because I will be there at the match barracking my arse off. (Go Pies!!). The bonus for me though is that I have Foxtel and will be looking forward to watching a replay of the full game later in that week which is what will occur.

At the end of the day the only people complaining about this deal are the people who are worried what channel to watch on the Friday night when their side is playing at Colonial. If they are so worried about it then get off your fat arse and go to the footy and really enjoy it but until you do don't complain to me about who will be broadcasting or commentating or whther Eddie will now take on the world because I don't give a shit because I will be at the game itself enjoying drinks in the social club and then sitting in my reserved seat and then shouting my lungs out at the umpire or the opposition and watching the Pies whether they are winning or losing. I am pretty sure most people on this board share my sentiments because most are paid up members who go week in and week out and get emotionally moved at the footy like I do.

And as for commentators, I don't think Dunstall & Co. will get a guernsey back at 9, maybe Dermie but Dougie is just a clown nowadays and I hope they bring in other people to do the job. There are plenty of good commentators instead of the usual biased, moronic, Carey loving, 'speeeecial' idiots that adorn Channel 7 at the moment. Thank goodness it will only be for one more year. Can you imagine how much Eddie and Co. are going to rub it in on the Footy Show. One thing though is that the Footy Show has been topping the ratings without access to footage. I wonder if it will change the show if they are aable to use footage. Oh and another thing hopefully that dickhead Sheehan will now get kicked off the couch.
joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 5:17 am

well said seth the only good thing out of it for me is that sometime during the week i can sit back and watch the game on foxtel(you beauty)as i will be there on matchdays.Channel seven were dickheads PLEASE sandy roberts and bruce macavaney you are morons your use by date expired years ago,YOU are not bigger than the game itself!!the game will survive without you babbling idiots.Can someone tell foxtel and channel 10 that when watching the footy, believe it or not we can see and we can understand.We dont have to be spoken to like ist grade idiots and hoorah no longer will we have to put up with that emotional little idiot and his prep grade comments you know 'speeeeeccccial'give us a break.And who did i see on tv last night complaining about the new tv deal our good friend'shite mike sheehan'well mike shithead tough titties to you We dont give a damn about you and your bespectacled little boy know it all comments.So it is with great pleasure channel seven to say to you after season 2001 GOOD RIDDANCE!!

------------------
SHITE HERE COMES OUR COLLINGWOOD THE ALL CONQUERING BLACK AND WHITE.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 5:42 am

I'm pleased about Nine's (& others) success and was greatly bemused by Rex mouthing off that "loyalty counts for nothing these days": this from the channel that poached Dermie, Dunstall & Dougie to be their flagship footy presenters?

HA.

Serves 'em bloody right.

------------------
Broadie
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 1:33 pm

To Seth and Joffa,
While you may not care about watching the game on TV thats where the some money for OUR club will be coming from. Without the AFL and in turn us would not survive, we need it. And remember all the other supporters around Australia who follow their respective teams, these people cannot get to games every week. These are the people that care!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: