Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

rintouls a pie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 6:05 am
Post subject: rintouls a pieReply with quote

So we took rintoul,gotta say I drather have lynch but now its done ,on with the job.
There were a lot of players doing pre season at clubs that got excluded from the draft too.
The system needs to be changed from the current meat market system.
ruckmen paul lindsay and ryan oconnor were training at north and they didnt get a chance,AFL took away their picks.
Oh well now the list is complete letslook forward.
Go pies

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 6:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me he was one of the best in the draft. For once Collingwood good on u. Welcome Chad and good luck to Stinger at Swans too!

???

Seth 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 6:47 am

Was ther any doubt, no way would MM have picked an injury riddled player over a player who is healthy experienced and has played under him. Well done Collingwood. Picking Lynch would have been something they did in the UNshaw years. Now with MM it is all forward and never scared to make the hard decisions.

------------------
Go Pies!!
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 6:47 am

shite any1 think cHaD will get the sacred 42 over here too?

???

Seth 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 6:48 am

Oh Mags isn't that a Newcastle United top your logo is wearing??

------------------
Go Pies!!
Seth 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 6:50 am

No way Spidie, there are some rules that would never be broken. RINTOUL isn't great but he was better than LYNCH in my opinion. He was the pick of the draft.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 6:51 am

ay this means we got a premiership player too even if he was Crow waste! Jeezus ppl get your pills ready i think Collingwood are actually gonna give us a heart attack for once this time for good reasons!

???

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2000 3:11 pm

who the F@#$ is chad rintoul??
ash 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 8:29 am

I agree SS11.

Rintoul was a passenger at the crows and must be hopeless to get delisted from the egirls. This draft is a gamble as it is. You do not take a risk on a player that has been at 2 clubs.

Lynch is a very gifted player that held his place at geelong. The only reason he got delisted was because he is injury prone. worth the risk.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 10:36 am

As usual lets wait and see how it goes. There is always a risk in drafts, stop kidding your selfs.
deanricho 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 10:46 am

Chad is the best player avaliable other than Lynch but I guess his age of 26 is what the Pies are after. (that and some injury concerns) I dont mind Chad as he can play forward or midfield and is pacy. I prefered Lynch but whats done is done and he will ad some depth and experiance to our list.
CONGRADULATIONS PIES FOR STICKING TO OUR YOUTH POLICY

AND THANK F**K WE DID NOT GRAB A 2ND RATE RUCKMAN

the prez 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 10:48 am

In my opinion(for all its worth) Better to have an experienced player on board who u know will give u service for at least 3 years rather than an injury prone one who you're not sure will give u 3 games.Better safe than sorry.

GO WOODS

petro 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 6:26 pm

I have thought who would be best for our club, and I still can not decide who it would have been. Now I think that Collingwood went for the safe option and that seems best to me. Chad got delisted from West Coast, but they have a dickhead as a coach. Just to prove my point that he is a dickhead, they(west coast) drafted a untried 28 year old player. Now who in their right mind would do a stupid thing like that. Back to more important things(COLLINGWOOD), I think Chad would easerly be a senior player, and would fit in quicky as he has played under MM. Just to finish up, I realy think that if MM didn't rate Chad as a player he would of taken the risk with Lynch.

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 11:10 pm

Rintoul was the best player we could get in the pre-season draft. Not that he is a great player but solid and has no injury worries. Lynch would have just been another heartbreak story. Rintoul did get delisted but Wet Toast did offer him a contract that he rejected, so it wasn't an outright delisting more a contract dispute. Although he has tarnished his off-field reputation over here when he took out the annual Chris Mainwaring perpetual trophy award for drunken driving.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 5:28 am

the Prez is dead right - how many people were whinging about us about to gamble on YET ANOTHER (barely) walking hospital job?

Rintoul was easily the best available pick in this draft. The fact that he's been delisted by two clubs is neither here nor there: who else COULD we have picked up?

Well done to our draft-team, andwelcome Chad

------------------
Broadie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: