Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

where will it end?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 3:44 pm
Post subject: where will it end?Reply with quote

There is much discussion in other forums as to the merit of pricing some club outings(jumper presentation,copeland trophy,and other club dos )out of the range of the traditional supporter.
I am a long distance supporter(WA) and the fees for attending dont affect me,as I dont get the choice to attend.
But it does worry me that the club seems to have its hand out for everything.
I would suggest that the family on a single income would find it very hard these days to do what I did with my dad in the 60s and 70s(attend all games and finals)
My opinion of the future of football is that of boutique ovals for the upperclass(so called)and the rest of us having to fork out for pay tv as well as all the clubs requests.
It will be damn near impossible.
I fear that the grass roots fan has been forgotten,and is not even wanted unless they pay internet fees and membership and attend functions.
There are some that call non paying fans bludgers!
I find that offensive in the extreme,and damn the committees that turn supporters against each other due to lack of financial support.
Snobbery has no place in football,
Collingwood is for everyone ,not just those that can afford it!!
Thats my soap box for the month.
I would welcome comments.

joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 3:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed i loved your post you are so right ,but im all fired up i will reply when i calm down.

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 5:22 pm

shit, that is so on the mark its scary.
i think we saw the end of grss roots football with the building of the biggest hole since Adelaide, when that monstrosity called COLONIAL STADIUM was built
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 5:23 pm

hmm yes it does get very expensive especially for us young ones coz we go to everything - Copeland, players review, etc etc not to mention memberships plus all that x4 clubs for me when i dont even work! It's easy to whinge now but coz its off season but once the season starts our fun will begin again but it would just be nice if Collingwood for once gave something back to us on the scoreboard!

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:19 am

Nice post. Where will it end?????

Alf has made a few calls on this in his darker moments. It ends when we don't give a stuff anymore. Someone (Packer???) will end up doing what Uncle Rupert has done over here, namely require anyone who is keen on the game paying for a dish or box on their TV to watch it. Whether its good or bad, who knows? The days of cheap footy like the 60s and 70s are gone. I've made the point before. Once the ticket money doesnt pay the players, the people who go to the games lose control of the game. We crossed that rubicon years ago.

If we were a decent team again, I think parting with the pesos might be a slightly easier task than it is at present. Still, 95 bucks to watch a few blokes get a jumper is a bit outrageous me thinks. Next they may start charging to watch training! Dig out the Gold Amex Spider and co!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 4:43 am

It all goes back to how many loaves of bread can you buy at the local shop for the price of admission into the ground (for one person or a family). The price has to be from the milk bar, not the supermarket or the bakery. Then you just compare the result now, with the era you are comparing against to work out if it has got cheaper for the average punter, or dearer.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 5:46 am

yeah about that jumper presentation, did anyone here actually go?? and wasnt it free last year at vic park where everyone just jumped up on the stage and that? well all of a sudden we must fork out $95 for something that was free which seems to be a bit of bullshit and eddie always craps on about broadmeadows and the grassroot supporter and everthing, well hes the boss so maybe he should start acting for us yobs in the northern suburbs
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:46 pm

lol CQ i think last years ones was only for all the deros yeh haha. but i think they had another guernsey presentation as well as that like the posho one.

speaking of deros do u remember that lady from Vic Park haha who carts around all that shite with her everywhere she is like 60 and she carts around all this Magpie stuff everywhere like a bag lady lol well i saw her on the Epping train the other day haha she even had a new Pies guernsey on! lol wot a pisser

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: