Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

favourite moment of 2000

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 5:35 pm
Post subject: favourite moment of 2000Reply with quote

No.1

thats right SHANNON GRANT, look at the scoreboard...

special mention to round 3 as well.....

------------------
joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 12:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey scott
The very minute this photo was being shot
do you remember what us guys were doin up in the top stand?
we were goin apeshit...remember?

hugs, kisses, tears, what a moment in australian sport
we had our battles that day inside and out...LOL

And we won EVERY single one!!!!

WE JUST TOO EASILY KICKED ASS THAT DAY!!!!!!
and not to forget our triumpant march around the staduim afterwards!!!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 8:09 am

it's pretty sad really that we had to get so excited over just this one long awaited win. From now on Pies this should become a regular occurance so that we dont have to carry on as if we'd won a flag when its just a win in the home and away season!

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 12:22 pm

So that's what you and Emma were doing when I met outside the stadium after the game.

Wasn't it grand!

My highlight, the Carlscum game at the Gee. I kept looking around to a row of Carlton supporters, to see how long they could take it. They all pissed off during the third quarter, the weak bastards.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 4:14 pm

I vote for the win over the Oranges. Mainly because of the scenes of jubilation afterwards. It was a very memorable day.

But the Carlton game comes a close second.

And an honourable mention to the win over the Crows. Being an ex-patriate South Aussie with a healthy contempt for this club it was an especially sweet victory.

The low point was losing to Richmond ... I really suffered over that. It was at that point that I knew our season was gone. The loss to Carlton at Princes Park wasn't pretty either.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 6:41 pm

well the most memorable one for me that was the worst would have to be the Geelong game for Pies i think and that blasted one with Saints and Dogs.

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 6:52 pm

i remember it well Joffa
what a game
it was thucken beautiful, ill never forget it

and spidey, ur right, we should win more, so we dont get too excited about these wins....
ed healey 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 10:17 pm

To beat carlton in a game is the ultimate for any pie fan.
But the thing I liked most was the way the boys fought the season out with no hope of the 8 they battled the season right out and were strong at the end.
If they can improve enough so that when we get in a winning position we hold it,like MM did at the wet toasters,we may well make a run for the 8 this year.

Im everhopeful.
and my 500/1 on carlton for the spoon will amuse me all year,just with the thought of it.

gopies

Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2001 6:18 am

Well for me the most memorable last year was the game against Carlton at the 'G'. Everything seemed to go right that day and nothing went right for Carlscum. The worst was the game against Fremantle at Colonial. What a total disappointment that was. We got carved up by Haselby that night.
Hopefully better success in 2001. Just wish it would hurry up.

------------------
Go Pies!!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 5:58 am

It's good to reminisce.

Round one, season 2000. It would be hard to beat the Hawthorn game. Only got to the game momements before the bounce. I managed to meet up with Deano, get my membership, get into the ground, and take a standing position at the back of the Ponsford stand, in front of the Square leg bar, in the few minutes I had available. It was packed back there. The searing hot sun ensured that the shade of the Ponsford stand was in great demand.

It was easy to get back into the swing of barracking for the Pies after the summer off, as the lads on the field started the season at a cracking pace that caught the Hawks completely off guard. did we create a racket or what. We were the guys chanting "Hello, its good to be back, it's good to be back!". Much to the chargrin of the Hawk fans around us.

It just got better and better as the goals and the beers flowed. What a start to the season. Could it continue, no way I thought, a fluke, we would be brought back to reality next week (against Adeliade at the MCG) or Carlton the week after.

Bring on the Hawks, 2001, preimership aspirants or not, lets hope we catch with their pants down again.
eMmA 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:44 am

Mine would have to be the game against sydney where of course ANTHONY kicked the winning goal!!! and of course round 3 against carlton.

LATERZ

------------------
SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 10:02 am

My favourite moment of 2000 was seeing Rowdy and Crosisca being chaired off the ground by their team mates. I really feel lucky that I was able to follow Rowdy's Career as he always played his guts out and gave his all to Collingwood. You could not ask any more of a player than what Rowdy would do! I will miss him - but hopefully his experience and guidance will see the young players follow in his tracks and we'll see some improvement in 2001. Sorry Bagger isn't at our club now but I wish him well anyway. GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER.

------------------
ROWDY FOREVER
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 4:52 pm

yeh Magpie Maniac that was a highlight seeing them chaired off. I love that pic in the paper of Rowdy and Bags getting chaired off im gonna get it signed and frame it. Also a sad moment was the last training and at the Copeland seeing a lot of them for the last time. Where the hell r they now anyway Bobby, Craig, Hawking etc?

the prez 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 12:07 pm

Favourite moment would have to be b4 the season started when we played Freo at History Park and demolished them.Just the tonic for us after a devastating season and Millenium game.It really lifted the spirits to see Tuckey finally dominate a game and play like he never played b4 but the highlight was watching a new recruit by the ame of Neon Leon davis absolutely carve up the Dockers in a midfield display that had us all licking our lips like we were about to dive into a bucket of KFC and looking forward optimistically to the coming season.

GO WOODS

joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:08 am

[b]NEON LEON DAVIS LEGEND GO PIES!![b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: