Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NSW v Victoria - Pura Cup

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

GO YOU VICS!, just 33 needed of 18 overs with 4 wickets in hand Moss is 193 not out and Roach 18.

Australian selectors sit up and take notice Moss and Hussey need to be rewarded for their brillant seasons and I mean NOW. There is a reason the vics are on top and heading for yet another outright result but the selectors continue to ignore their performances.
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:29 pm

OOPS, I just did a JLC cos Roach is out for 18. Still 33 needed with 3 wickets in hand maybe I should wait till the game is over as well.
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:54 pm

Well done Bushies. Still on top. I wonder if the NS...I mean Australian selectors were watching.

Get a Bushie in the test team

Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:55 pm

VICS WIN BY3 WICKETS, Hussey 212 not out and Harwood not out 14. MacGill finished with the superb figures of 2/160.

Hussey now has a first class average of 72 and Moss 42 with a bowling average of 30. These figures would be better than most if not all the players selected for Aust A.

Forget about Clarke for the test team put Hussey in! (well at least in the Aus A team)
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:37 pm

Get a grip on yourself Sultan,

If there is another A match this season, then Hussey warrants a run. Fact, he is only in his 2nd first class season; Fact he is also having an excellent season; another fact is that others in the side and on the fringes have had records of sustained high performance at this level over a number of seasons.

He is talented but nothing suggests that he is another Ponting or Hayden let alone a Bradman nor that he should leapfrog others in the queue. If he starts next season on a high then he will justifiably be in the mix.

Moss is just a good solid state level performer, nothing more nothing less. His Australian representation level is appropriate for his merits.

commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:48 pm

Ah Fradam,

Methinks that yr Mr S.K Warne, pending any other personal or self-inflicted catastrophes, will find himself back in the Test side as soon as fit and eligible. Hopefully that may stop you short of demanding Victoria's secession from the rest of Australia.

Also, would not be suprised if White overtakes the buffet bowler (McGill) next season as shadow leggie. Hodge is still a couple down the list for the Waugh spot and frankly Hussey's earliest realistic shot is next season. Inness is a maybe but will have to be on the park to make his case.

I wish yr good self, JLC and the Sultan all the best of British in yr endeavours as the national selectors of the sovereign state of Victoria.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:40 pm

Fantastic effort by The Bushrangers !!

The Blues will be shell shocked. Tasmania chase down the 11th. highest ever 4th. innings target to beat them and now Victoria chase 455 to win - with overs and wickets to spare.

The second highest successful run chase ever.

At 3/72, it didn't look like anything but a Blues win but Moss (76) and Hussey added 176, White (60) and Hussey, 175, Roach and Hussey, 39 and, after McDonald went for a duck, Harwood (14 n.o.) and Hussey powered to the win with a 33 run partnership.

In any case, Hussey's innings was brilliant but when you consider this was in only his 10th. first class match, it takes on extra special significance.

He brought up his century from only 102 balls and his double from just 106 more. His 212 n.o. from 218 balls deservedly won him Man of the Match. He hit 26 fours and 5 sixes.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:45 pm

Well the NSW Appreciation Society is back in the room.

I've never said Cameron White should play. I actually don't rate him that highly yet.

On form Hussey is the best batsman in Pura Cup at the moment. Four 100's in six games is a fantastic effort.

Brad Hodge can't be far away

Inness is a better bowler than Bracken

Having said that the NS...I mean Australian selectors won't touch any of them and they'll all play in a Pura Cup Final

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:55 pm

What a sweet sweet victory as predicted. The second highest run chase and on their home ground a truly great effort by the Vics. You can do nothing but admire the coaching style of David Hookes.

I think David Hussey has done more than enough to earn at least a game for Australia A. To make a double century in the second innings of a game to win your team the game is a truly wonderful effort and it was a fast scoring innings as well.

BTW Trevor you missed a great game Wink

jlc

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:01 pm

Its all a matter of timing if a player has a good season and a spot is available then why shouldnt he play? Or are you saying a player with a proven record who may be out of form at the time should be picked ?

I think in form players must be picked.

jlc

commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:34 pm

Excuse me Fradam, but I, for one, AM NOT a member of the NSW Appreciation Society. FYI, I hold most NSW sporting teams in total contempt. I merely feel that yrs and other arguments to be based more on rhetoric and parochialism that any balanced analysis.

Re White, it is very early days but what I have seen looks v promising and obviously the selectors agree. McGill, yes a NSW player who I frankly have never rated, has probably signed his intl death warrant so the vacancy does exist.

Do agree that Bracken, IMHO v fortunate to have rec'd ODI opportunities, doesn't cut it at intl level but jesus christ Inness has missed the opportunity due to injury. Therefore, can you not accept that he cannot be considered unless he is out there performing.

Shall we agree that there is 1 maybe 2 vacancies in the batting with Waugh retired and Martyn looking unsure. Katich may well move up at least one spot from 6. Hodge is a chance for one spot and Hussey maybe a bolter. Could by no means, however, consider either as lock-in selections.

JLC, my point is that there are a number of players, some of whom are having good seasons now, who have season after season of consistent high performance (ie 800-1000+runs) on their records. It's not a matter of denying Hussey's performances at all but putting it into reasonable perspective.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:46 pm

If you are a Victorian there are no lock in positions.

When its a close call between players a victorian rarely gets picked.

The Ausssie selectors have to go. Four new ones should be brought in

Lawry, Stackpole, O'Donnell and well if Ponsford was still alive so I'll have to go Redpath

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:52 pm

Bracken is a good defensive bowler, he's gotten into a routine of stopping the flow of runs, and has forgotten about his main aim in the side, where he should be trying to stop the flow of runs and take wickets.

The batting is going to be the hardest, you've got a lot of good young batsmen having a good season, and there only being probably 1 spot being open, that is unless Martyn finds form. So I would really hate to be an Australian selector right about now.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:52 pm

What not even Warnie???? Then again he can't help himself can he.

What a selection committee!!! Do feel that the esteemed but long dead Bill Ponsford and indeed Mr Redpath would be mortally offended at being grouped with yr first 3 given their sad propensity to verbal flatulence and total drivel.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:00 pm

Wombat, Matthew Inness didn't miss Australia A selection because of injury.

Nicholson, Tait, Rofe and Wright were selected ahead of him to play against India in Hobart.

Inness was to play for Victoria on the same weekend but was a late withdrawal with glandular fever.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: