Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Well played, Stuart Law.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:52 pm
Post subject: Well played, Stuart Law.Reply with quote

Law bows out on top

Wisden Cricinfo staff

Stuart Law has become Queensland's all-time leading run-scorer, just days before he is expected to retire from Australian domestic cricket and move north to play out his twilight years in English county cricket with Lancashire.

Law, 35, scored 146 not out against New South Wales - his first domestic first-class hundred in three years and his at The Gabba since 1997 – taking him to 9,465 for Queensland, eclipsing Sam Trimble's record. "It was special," said Law. "I'm top of the tree now you can't finish any higher, any better, there's no chance of playing for Australia, there's a chance of wining more Pura Cups but the good times are coming to an end.

"If I was going to finish, as I did with my captaincy, I'd rather finish on a high and today was one of those highs. I could call it quits tomorrow and be very happy."

Last year Law's Queensland career seemed to be drifting to a quiet close when he was dropped from their one-day side, and had a wretched first-class season. "I was hanging on to phone calls from Queensland selectors, this year it's been a complete reversal of fortunes," he said. "They've put faith in me and I've repaid the faith so it's been a great way to go out."

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: