Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trouble in the NRL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:44 am
Post subject: Trouble in the NRLReply with quote

Gallop reads riot act
By Dean Ritchie
March 2, 2004

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,8840157-23209,00.html

Quote:
NATIONAL Rugby League chief executive David Gallop yesterday issued a blunt warning to all players, start acting as role models.

Gallop, increasingly fed up with the Bulldogs' continuing drama, also admitted the sexual assault allegations against some of the team had "severely damaged" rugby league.

He claimed he would immediately eradicate any perceived group-sex culture among players in the game.

Gallop's anger follows an article in a Sydney newspaper at the weekend quoting one player as saying group sex was not new to the Bulldogs and not new to rugby league.

What a group of low life scum these people are, if the allegations are true. Do they think they are tough or something?
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Living here in NSW,I recon that the NRL (what ever that is) should stop asll the pussyfooting around and either chuck the Bulldogs outof the comp or just name the idiots whop started this thing and then expell them from the NRL.
It is a trail by media now and no one is going any where.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:40 pm

Would be pretty unfair to name the players, and wouldn't really help anything if it turns out that haven't done anything wrong. All that will happen is make the whole thing woese than it already is. Right now the NRL needs to ban the players involved from any club comitments and playing until this is all done.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:52 pm

Wait till the police investigation finishes and any findings advised. Then it's time to rub out people if required.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:24 am

I'd agree with that CW.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:54 pm

Why not name the players.IOf they have done the wrong thing then they have to wear it.
We dont know what has been done wrong,buton past experience there are a few idiots within the club and they deserve all that they get.
I staill say that if the cap fits to wear it.

Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:00 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Would be pretty unfair to name the players, and wouldn't really help anything if it turns out that haven't done anything wrong. All that will happen is make the whole thing woese than it already is. Right now the NRL needs to ban the players involved from any club comitments and playing until this is all done.

If the particular players are banned from club comitments and playing, people will notice they are missing and work out who they are, how are they going to do that without 'naming' the players involved?

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:35 pm

PeterWH wrote:
Why not name the players.IOf they have done the wrong thing then they have to wear it.

...a little thing called, innocent until proven guilty.
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:09 pm

Peter,

Quite simply, we do NOT know at this stage who/which players are guilty or liable to be charged. When/if the police finish their investigation and announce their findings. it is then that names of those implicated should be announced and THEN face the sanctions from their club, the NRL not to mention any criminal charges.

To respond to yr comment, Bec, it stands to reason that the Dogs will be keeping a fairly low profile with regards to off-field commitments over this period of time. The NRL is still involved in pre-season activities at the moment with nothing like the Wizard Cup going on.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:39 am

...and now some Melbourne Storm players are in trouble:

Storm confirms players investigated

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/Sport/story_3591.asp

Quote:
National Rugby League club Melbourne Storm confirmed two of its players are being investigated by police over an alleged rape.

Police said they were investigating an allegation of sexual assault on a woman at a flat in South Yarra early last month and had interviewed two men in relation to the allegations.

NRl chief executive David Gallop told ABC radio he was "unhappy" and "concerned" he first heard about the sexual assault allegations during a conversation with a journalist on Thursday afternoon.

Mr Gallop said he contacted the Melbourne Storm shortly after speaking to the journalist.

"They've indicated they'll give us further details of it today," he said.

"I just would have thought, given what we're going through at the moment, we didn't really need any more surprises."

A Melbourne Storm spokesman confirmed two of its players were being investigated over the alleged sexual assault and had volunteered to cooperate with police.

"Melbourne Storm understands that the allegation is of an assault occurring against a woman. No charges have been laid," the spokesman said in a statement.

"The players allegedly involved in the incident were not at an official Melbourne Storm function."

The woman involved is believed to be in her late teens or early 20s, the Herald Sun newspaper said.

The new sex scandal has rocked NRL bosses who are still reeling from gang rape claims against Sydney Bulldogs players.

Where will it end? I know that the latest one could be a load of crap, but this is ridiculous, where do these guys get off?
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 am

commonwombat wrote:
Wait till the police investigation finishes and any findings advised. Then it's time to rub out people if required.

I think if anyone is found guilty over this, they will be 'rubbed out' via doing time in the nick. It appears Leicester City players are in a simialr boat, with three of the remanded in Spain for alleged acts of a similar nature. Let's not forget there were accusations of a similar nature against a couple of Blions players after their trip over here a few years ago. dickheads play all sports...it's not exclusive to RL!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:51 am

London Dave wrote:
It appears Leicester City players are in a simialr boat, with three of the remanded in Spain for alleged acts of a similar nature.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/Sport/story_12995.asp
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:53 pm

This whole thing gets me.Here we arein NSW with the 'dogs' and the coppers who havent laid any charges....after 2 weeks and yet it take the british coppers 2 days to lay charges against 6 players and three are held.
I still recon that the 'dogs' players should be named and then we all know what is goingon.Take <player's name removed> for example.He says that he is embarrased to be demanding to have to have a DNA test and be interviewed by police.....my way of thinking is that he recons that he was no where near the incident,well why not go to the coppers have the DNA test and talk to the 'd's that are conducting the investigation and then go your own way.
The way he is carrying on any one would think that he is 'perfect'....I got a news flash for him and it aint all good news.
In NSW we dont like the way these 'middle Eastern' people carry one,so if his cap fits he should wear it,role model or not.

Player's name was removed because I don't think they a player should be implicated when they probably haven't done anything wrong. In Australia, it is 'Innocent, until proven guilty' - bbmods

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:05 pm

PeterWH wrote:
This whole thing gets me.Here we arein NSW with the 'dogs' and the coppers who havent laid any charges....after 2 weeks and yet it take the british coppers 2 days to lay charges against 6 players and three are held.

The Leicester City incident occured in Spain, so you would be looking to congratulate the Spanish constabulary Peter.

PeterWH wrote:
I still recon that the 'dogs' players should be named and then we all know what is going on.

It has been pointed out that the presumption of innocence is a cornerstone of our law. If you want it thrown away, perhaps you could look to the legal systems of some of those 'middle eastern' countries, where this presumption is not in force, and find an alternative that satisfies your curiosity.

Last edited by London Dave on Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:20 pm

No wonder I placed you on ignore about ten months ago PeterW. I am very disappointed that I clicked on your post because your utter docility is still a hallmark of you and frustrates me that our education system is not as cracking as we like to think.

You are welcome to your opinion, and my ignorant racist little friend, here's mine:

Your opinion stinks of idiocy. Do you know what you are talking about? Firstly, NRL stands for National Rugby League. Not hard, but neither is actually researching (reading) about something before standing on your soapbox and declaring what the powers that be should do. You make a statement that they should out the names of the players accused and about an organisation that you don't even know the name of.

Ok, tomorrow, I am going to call the Herald Sun and say that you **** 6 year old boys and molest goats. Then, I'm going to hop on here and state that your name should be splashed around the media and general society, because, IF it were true-then you are a disgusting animal.

Like the Canterbury boys, IF they did it. Did they? Tell me. Throw the Bulldogs out of the competition? Why? Should 20,000 official supporters lose their team and 200 plus staff lose their employment because of the (alleged ...do you know what that means???) actions of a few footballers?

So if three commonwealth bank employees pack rape a woman they don't know at a party, should the bank go into bankruptcy? Yes, pass the thinking cap if you need it.

And what on earth are you talking about with the comment 'in NSW we don't like the way these 'middle eastern' people carry on'? What are you saying buffoon? Why the inverted commas for the 'middle eastern' race? I grew up in Sydney and know all about the culture in sth western Sydney, the gang rapes that were happening with that animal getting 55 years (not enough) etc etc. But what a stupid generalisation you make. You forgot to mention that the only 'middle eastern' player of the dogs was nowhere near the alleged (looked that word up yet?) rape scene. Oops.

So with all of your prejudice and ignorance, don't you dare generalise what 'we' as NSW don't like in terms of these people and the way they 'carry on'.

People with your attitude are the reason why so many groups around the world feel maligned and frustrated. Sometimes with horrific consequences.

Grow up.

And for the record, I don't dislike or hate you etc peterw, but your opinion, I think, is just plain wrong.

Edited some wording - bbmods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: