Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Allegations of sexual misconduct against two Aints.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

they prolly didnt detect the sarcasm daks is a champ, bcos rape allegations really aren't that funny.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:27 am

Eunos wrote:

This woman lost her chance for justice by not reporting it at the time, therefore denying the prosecution the chance for normal evidence gathering procedures.

yer, like you'd really be thinking straight after a pack raping Rolling Eyes (assuming it happened that is)
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:34 am

Eunos wrote:
We really have to forget about the 5 year old allegations aired on SBS tonight.
This woman lost her chance for justice by not reporting it at the time, therefore denying the prosecution the chance for normal evidence gathering procedures. It is now only one persons word against anothers, no chance for justice here for either party. Harsh, but true.

Hmmm, if that's true, then how come two women have been granted leave to have Geoff Clarke brought to justice over allegations of rape that happened 30 years previously.

I know this isn't the forum for this type of discussion, but perhaps all these allegations are true and that one women's strength to come forward in relation to the Rugby allegations has given all the other women strength to come forward about their experience as well. It's not just as straight forward as didn't report it 5 years ago, 2 years ago, whatever, sexual assault affects people in many ways, particularly if your threatened, your obviously NOT going to come forward at the time, but to confront and 'tell' even 5 years later, is part of the healing process.

I hope these latest allegations aren't true for the many people and their families involved, but if they are, then I hope that justice prevails.

Eunos 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:10 am

In the Clarke case there is more than one victim. I also believe there are other witnesses that lead the judge to give leave in this matter.
In the SBS case there appears to be only this womans word against that of 4 or 5 others.
As far as state of mind after a pack rape, I agree it would not be easy. But if this type of behaviour is to be stamped out it can only happen through the legal process. And that means as much evidence as possible to prove the case.
We all know that the legal system in the past has treated the victim in these cases with contempt, allowing defence counsels to paint a torid picture. Time to change all that. Fresh evidence is the best way.
swooper 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:31 am

From what I saw/heard last night, the woman on the 'Insight' program doesnt have much to gain from telling her story. She was adamant she wanted to maintain her privacy. As we know, rape is extremely under reported in the community, and I guess none of us know how we would react in this situation (if true). Some would go immediately to police, some would prefer to hide in their homes.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:01 am

It was Craig Hutchinson who wrongly named Koschitzke.
He apologised on the news last night.

Just goes to show what happens when you don't know the facts.

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:52 am

It's a sad situation which ever way it pans out. If the boys are guilty it's sad for the girls. If the boys are innocent and being taken for a ride then it's sad that some mud will stick and their image tainted.

Either way, someone has lost out.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:23 pm

Can I just ask why my post was taken from this topic? I didnt mention the players involved!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:31 pm

If you have a problem Dan, email the mods: bbmods@magpies.net

Personally, I'm not sure.
Canberra Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:10 pm

Assasin,everything you have said is quite true. Unfortunately you have picked the wrong thread to give your opinion. In this case there are facts that are agreed on by both sides. There was consensual sex. It is the events that followed that form the basis of the investigation. I would hope you aren't assuming that because one of the parties has lodged a complaint with the police,she isn't just doing it for financial gain.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:45 pm

thats ridiculous assassin, and precisely the reason a lot of people who have been raped dont tell anyone, bcos they fear NOT BEING BELIEVED. maybe the players didnt do it, maybe they did, we dont know.
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:04 pm

This whole story wreaks of bulldust to me. Having read what the chain of events supposedly were, something doesn't quite gel. Now they say it is a rape allegation. It doesn't matter what team you support, because these allegations affect the game, dragging it down into the gutter with that NRL slime.

Innocent until proven guilty....To be falsely accused of something like this you jave to understand what these guys are going through. I was falsely accused of something similar many years ago and I can tell you it is the most gut wrenching experience I have ever, ever had.

Sure I havent been raped so I don;t what that is like, probably awful if it actually happened and if they are guilty then so be it, let justice prevail. But my gut instinct tells me this is one big set up and it is not fair to these guys, no matter what team you play for.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:53 pm

The thing is, I've seen personally, false allegations been made twice before.

On New Years Eve, we caught a chick we know down at the beach in the bushes, doing what you do, with this guy. We asked if she was alright (to make sure this guy wasnt taking advantage of her), and she started crying and called over one of my friends (girl) and told her that she was raped.

Well my friend told us, so I told this bloke (his friends started to arrive at this time) to **** OFF and start running pretty quickly because they were about to get the crap beaten out of them by her brother who was down on the beach. Anyway, they started going and then her brother and his mate came up and started laying into the guy and his friends. Anyway to cut the story short, the cops came and everything settled.

Now, we find out that nothing has come of it (gee, I wonder why).

Another story was, when this guy I know broke up with his GF at the time, a couple of weeks later he went to a party where she was, and she started telling people that he raped her, trying to get him bashed. IT was all bull****, and she eventually admitted it.

...and you wonder why people are cynical. It's like the boy who cried wolf.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:57 pm

Joel wrote:
The thing is, I've seen personally, false allegations been made twice before.

ohh so that must mean all rape allegations aren't true, what a *** stupid thing to say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Editted by bbmods
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:00 pm

When did I say that? Read the whole post, and you will get the drift of what I'm trying to say. People are cynical, because alot of people know of times when women have made false accusations.

At NO time did I say that all rape allegations aren't true.

Rolleyes don't mean stuff all CQ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: