Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Threw everything at 'em

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 11:32 am
Post subject: Threw everything at 'emReply with quote

Well another loss. This time it was nothing that we haven't seen before, skill errors cost at least 5 goals in the first half.
The youth of the team continues to be a problem, but I believe that every game like todays brings us closer to the self-belief that the youngsters require. On todays effort I think we will blow the Blues apart!
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

ytry4 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they made mistakes as well. It was just the pressure of the whole occasion. It was a great game, bar the final result. It was great to be a part of it, but i couldnt see a damn thing inside half of the 50m arc at the southern goal end. bloody restrictred viewing.. im gonna kill that whats new guy! He said only standing and restricted view remaining.. but on the net, i kept getting results for good seats in the southern stand. that guy doesnt know what hes on about..

Anyway, getting back to the game, it was a good effort to overcome that flash flooding by ess. what a weak way of stopping the opposition.. anyway, well done chris tarrant (good leading and kicking), lockyer (great desperation and pressure), and o'bree (great plays in the pack), and all our backline for stopping the pretty boy 'lloyd', lucas, etc.

Like Malthouse quoted Michaelangelo: 'It is better to aim high and fail, than aim low and succeed'

Go PIES 2001

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:02 pm

You gotta love micky some of the things he says are a pisser!!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:21 am

quote:

The youth of the team continues to be a problem

Absolute bollocks.

It is because of the youth of this team that we are going this well at all.

And your comments about LICA based on yesterday were WAY off mark. I yelled out each time he had it, "Just don't turn it over" and to his credit he had a fine game. Try giving credit where it's due and criticism when it's justified.

Broadie
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:37 am

yeah they made mistakes but they had a red hot go and just like me eventually they're probably getting sick of losing these close games and soon they'll start winning em. However it won't be next week, I'm never the biggest optimist but I have a feeling the blues game wont be close, i think we'll belt them and boy will it feel good.

Go Pies!!!!!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 12:17 pm

You have no idea what I meant by "the youth of the team continues to be a problem' do you. Not an idea in hell.
This statement refers to the amount of games our younger players have played and their physical condition. All "experts" agree that a top AFL player starts to show his worth after 50 or so games, how many of our young ones have that many games? And of course players like Josh and Neon need more beef to stand the rigours of a top line contact sport.
In no way was I critical of the emerging nature of these players, it's just that in round 20 this year all these guys will have another 10 - 15 games under their belt and will be better for it.
What comments about Lica don't you like? I've supported him through the "clanger" period and consider him now to be one of the first picks at selection. Yes he needs work on disposal, and he knows it. It was his 50th game wednesday so his best is yet to come.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: