Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chanters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MBaaaah 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 2:37 pm
Post subject: ChantersReply with quote

Hello there fellow chanters!!! We wanna know, the name of the lovely gentleman the main chanter (apart from joffa) who very passionatley gets up and sings the "every where we go" chant? Is that Alf Andrews?? Do you know who I am talking about Joffa? He sat 3 rows behind you today at Anzac Day. Let us know - from the Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's
Go Tarks - what a game!!!!!!!

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 3:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mbaaaah.....

Welcome to Nicks.......... Yes that is Alf Andrews and he is Joffa's Manager 5% of nothing........ He does do a good job and he is very much appreciated.

Alf have u decided if u r coming away with us yet???????

BE LOUD.........BE PROUD

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 8:35 pm

Cobood, I'm so depressed right now I'm in no fit state to make a decision. I had actually been looking forward to missing the Port game to give my voice a much-needed rest. But now I'm not sure. There is a fairly good chance that I'll go ... I'll have to sleep on it.

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 8:45 pm

Hi, MBaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

(What an unusual name)

I'm not so sure you'd be calling me a "lovely gentleman" if you actually knew me. I'm mean. I'm nasty. I swear all the time. I hate losing.

And right now my singing voice ain't worth tuppence. I'm currently suffering from after-match syndrome. And it's very, very ugly. Believe me.

But hello anyway. Nice to hear from you.

And I agree with you about Tarkyn Lockyer. Fantastic game. And he's starting to kick a few goals, which is a real bonus.

**floreat pica**

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:14 pm

Yep thats our Alf and we wouldnt want him any other way,and he's a bloody fantastic help in the stands every week i sometimes get imbarrassed when people talk about the cheer squad as if its joffa's cheer squad it's not,we have a fantastic group of people at the game every week and also at the club 'hi nicki'Alf is very important to our cheer squad i went into deep sulks again late in the last quarter..lol and Alf took over the chants thats where Alf is so important,And we have a fantastic leader in kerri who has to put up with our crap week after week.And all the lovely ladies who work so hard behind the scenes.But on match days it's people like Alf who make it all so much easier and his rendition of EVERY WHERE WE GO is a classic.

Take away the characters from football and you have no football
well done Alf your a godsend,and you bloddy well better come to the port adelaide game.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:17 pm

OH MY GOD THE BLOODY WRETCH WILL WANT 6 PER CENT OF NOTHING NOW AFTER READING ALL THAT!!!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

MBaaaah 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 5:29 am

Well thankyou all for replying - er just wanted to put faces to names! Have a good day - it's going to be a LONG 10 days.....

ytry4 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:48 am

Well, Alf looks real different in real life than he does in that pic.. lol

But you have a good strong voice that gets everyone going.. although, i sometimes thought you were gonna bust your larynx (or whatever its called)

Go PIES 2001

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 2:26 pm

I lost my voice from the match and it is getting worse...I can hardly speak. Man I barracked my heart out against Essendon!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 4:56 pm

I did bust my larynx, ytry4. I do it every bloody week. I always approach every game determined to control my chanting with correct breathing and use of the diaphragm etc etc. And by halfway through the third quarter I'm yelling from the throat and doing myself untold damage. I always takes me a couple of days to even begin to get my voice back after a game. It's probably not sustainable. I might have some hard decisions to make soon.

**floreat pica**

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 5:48 pm

Hey all,

This is my first post after much lurking. I thought I might have a valuable suggestion for all the cheer squad participants who are causing havoc to their larynx. I was in the army (once upon a time, a long time ago) and contrary to popular thought that in the army you scream all day well, you don't b/c you couldn't get though an eight hour day (sometimes longer hours depending what you are doing) screaming all the time. Well, you wouldn't get through with a anything left of your voice that's for sure.

So here is a quick tip... breathe through your nose (this warms the air so you don't get a blast of cold air on the back of your throat) Now sometimes you are standing with an oncoming breeze and will get a blast of cold air at the back of your throat, you then need to adjust the angle of your head to avoid this.

Next tip: use your Diaphragm and project your voice. Stand straight and aim your voice to the other side of the G, or Colo or wherever you are. It is amazing what a difference aiming your voice makes as you can aim a "verbal attack" at the opposing scum supporters and drown them out of their own lame attempt at a cheer.

Now the hard part: how does one not get totally, passionately involved so as not to get caught up in yelling and forgetting to project one's voice??? How I have come to terms with this is that yelling has a relatively short lifespan i.e. you can't go on your whole life doing it and expect to have anything that resembles a voice in the long run. On the other hand, projecting your voice is a long term option. Which option would you rather offer the cheersquad?? Would it break your heart if you lost your voice in like five years time and could hardly participate in the cheersquad i.e. participate verbally?

Look after your voices people, we need a strong voice, the Collingwood cheersquad is the envy of all the clubs - lets keep it that way.

Go Pies

Carol

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 6:02 pm

Welcome Carol

I reckon Alf's deciding whether or not to let the cheer squad turn him into the next nodular voiced superstar, walking in the footsteps of such famous destroyed voices as Joe Cocker and Rod Stewart.

It would go nicely with the photo Alf - and I reckon the photo would go nicely on the front of a Stephen King novel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: