Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I have fallen in love with greg baum

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 3:24 am
Post subject: I have fallen in love with greg baumReply with quote

DID ANYONE READ GREG BAUMS ARTICLE IN YESTERDAY AGE,WELL IF YA MISSED IT HERE ARE SOME BITS AND PIECES...

At first there was no sound.The battle was over and the night was falling.Some sat slumped against bare walls and dabbed at there wounds.Others whispered among themselves.One wiped away tears.A harsh,scraping noise carried from an anteroom.It was of a bootstudder's brush at work,but it was also the sound of a 'TRENCH' long ago and far away.......THIS STUFF IS TURNING ME ON BIG TIME he then goes on to say.....A sense began to grow that this was for collingwood what the gallipoli landings were for Australia,a defeat that concealed a victory,a defeat that was also a defining moment,a defeat that was also crucible.

At first,the final siren was a knife to magpie hearts.They fell to there collective haunches,stared blankly at the scoreboard,exchanged limp handshakes with their opponents.

The contrast beteween the two teams was as stark as on grand final day.This match had been like a grand final,or like a grand final should be.But a grand final is definately an end.THIS ONC E THE SHOUTING HAD DIED AWAY,FELT TO THE MAGPIES MORE LIKE A BEGINNING. 

Absolutely top stuff

And ...LOL i will add this one it's a quotation by Thomas Carlyle
LOL where WERE you thomas a week ago in another post on here that upset the troops ?

THE CONDITION OF THE MOST PASSIONATE ENTHUSIAST IS TO BE PREFERRED,OVER THE INDIVIDUAL WHO,BECAUSE OF THE FEAR OF MAKING A MISTAKE,WON'T IN THE END AFFIRM OR DENY ANYTHING.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 27 April 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: