Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Woohoo!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletch 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 2:06 pm
Post subject: Woohoo!Reply with quote

I'm coming down for my first game of the year tommorrow, oh geeze I can't wait to rip into those Red and Black scum!

By the way I'll keep an eye out for all the regulars but since I only know what Joffa and Miss Magpie look like it could be tough.

GO THE D9!

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 4:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the Solomen rumour also. Although it was from another source. This source is involved with the board and told my Grandfather (Son of Syd Coventry) about it. They are throwing big money at him, believed to be in excess of $360,000. They are playing on his friendship with Tarrant, and the ability to offer him money Essendon can't afford.

And by the way, to all you chicks, he is attached. He is dating a blonde haired model. Wouldn't mind having a half back flank over her.

May the St Kevin's Old Boys Prevail.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 4:15 pm

Would be great to have Solomon down at Collingwood, but you know what rumours are like.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 6:03 pm

Hey Fletch, surely you know what Elvira looks like!
You've seen her picture.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 6:11 pm

Guys,

Solomon's too good to be true !

Collingwood Forever !
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Mick 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 5:06 am

Rohan

If your sources are true then that's disappointing ... seems the club is falling back into its old ways

The only people that could suffer from letting out this info is the Club. Letting the cat out of the bag at board level and then at "club insider" level has long caused problems at the club - when will we learn?

Frankly if a board member is disclosing this information to others either not on the board or employed by the football department then they are breaching their duty as a director and don't deserve to be there.

Like everyone else I'd like it to be true - but I'd prefer it to be delivered in 10 months time as a complete surprise than have it stuffed up because big noters had to blurt it out early

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 7:29 am

Ummm NO, Fletch has not seen my pic Craig!!!! Where did you get that from?????????

ELVIRA.......

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:55 am

The pic under your name! DOH!!
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

the president Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:57 am

For anyone to say that we are speaking to any management group or player or to say we are offering amounts of money is nonsense.
The board do not talk of these issues so if anyone is saying they are involved they are telling fibs.
We liase daily with all managers and have an extensive knowledge of who is coming out of contract and who wants to move.
Love the speculation but anyone proporting to have inside knowledge is auditioning for a position with the "puppetry of the penis" troup. Unless that person is me, Greg Swann or the coach.
Rest assured we will continue to recruit the best available players to Collingwood.
The President.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 2:05 pm

Thanks Ed!!

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 2:07 pm

Fletch- Where were you??

_-~`*#24-GO TARKS*`~-_
------------------------
Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 4:55 pm

Well Mags, that clears it all up. To the Prez, I apologise now as I just posted a "rumour" to the Hawthorn website that Trent Croad was out of contract and that the magpies where ready to swoop!
Oops, I stuffed up there.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 5:29 pm

Firstly I want to bring some things to attention.

Is this is the real Eddie McGuire? I would be surprised if it was because he has time to answer queries on a "unofficial" site as opposed to not answering on an "official" one.

Rumors aren't always right. But the majority has some credence.

"Behind the scenes" talk at Collingwood is, has and will always be ripe. It has gone on for years, it will go on for years, and one who denies it shows a lack of understanding of our history and culture. I don’t wish to big note myself, but I have learnt this from first hand knowledge from one of the club's most high profile family's. Sure Mr. McGuire will say the past is past (I agree) and it doesn't happen anymore, but culture can't be changed overnight.

The source were I got my news from has had some informed and accurate rumors. One that springs to mind is knowing before it was leaked that Collingwood were split 3 to 3 on getting Lockett, the casting vote was made by the father (then board member) of a current player not to get Lockett because his son was involved in the trade.
Another one that was correct was knowing that West Coast wouldn't deal with Collingwood involving Gehrig. This source came from a current AFL player who is managed by Gehrigs Manager.

Even if the rumor was correct, there is no way a president is going to admit it's true.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 5:40 pm

You can rest assured Rohan that the president is Eddie.

Are you actually criticising him for coming and answering your post? How many AFL Presidents can you name that take the time to go to the supporters to answer their questions? I can tell you the answer - one and that's our president.

Incidentally, he would have found it difficult to answer your post on the official forum, because you haven't posted it there.

Sounds a bit like a nose out of joint to me.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 26 April 2001).]
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 6:05 pm

Mike,

I don’t have my nose out of joint. Eddie McGuire is someone I respect; he has achieved so much, for one so young.
I just find it strange that he answers posts here, and not on the official one. Surely it is going to be of more benefit for him to answer posts in the official site as it stimulates interest there. It's kind of an oxy moron because at one end you have people telling you to visit the official site and chip in money for Internet subscription. Wouldn't the president starting posts there, be of more benefit to the football club. I do not doubt, just question. The Internet can be manipulated and someone claiming to be a high profile figure can stimulate a lot of interest in a site. However just because one person says it is correct doesn't mean it is gospel.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: