Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Woohoo!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 6:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Eddie's bound by conventional rules and thinking Rohan. That's what makes it so refreshing having him as President. He's so totally different to what we've come to believe to be acceptable that a lot of people are unsettled by him.

I don't think everyone will accept what he says as gospel, but you have to admit his sources are impeccable.

Sorry if I sounded a bit short in my last post, but I read a tone into your post that may not have been there - and reacted.

JBJ 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 2:48 am

Rohan why is it that every time you post on any forum you have to mention your family? We all know by now who you are...and I'm sick to death of hearing about it. We also all know that it was Wayne Richardson who cast the vote to stop Lockett coming to Collingwood. AND although you say you respect Ed you never miss an opportunity to knock him. You my friend (NOT) are in the minority.

JBJ
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 3:38 am

Rohan

You can believe what you want but let me tell you that our President does post here and that just because you happen to have a name like Coventry does not give you the right to criticise where Eddie posts or doesn't post........
Another thing Rohan the way you flaunt your name and supposed knowledge isnt winning you any hearts.

BE LOUD........BE PROUD

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 4:09 am

I agree Cobood and JBJ. Rohan - don't argue with the truth. I too are sick of your referring to your family. Coventry - a great name BUT stop flaunting it.

Fletch 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 5:10 am

I was in the AFL members section in the Southern stand on the wing about four rows from the fence.I Also saw Steve Mckee in the toilets at quater time.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 5:59 am

As I have said time and time again, I don't have anything against Eddie McGuire. He is someone who appeals to a very wide demographic (myself included) and is on the right course for helping rebuild our club. I have never doubted this, you are saying I have! By getting personal at me, it shows you lack credence in your argument. I never got personal at Eddie McGuire. I just questioned if it was the real Eddie McGuire.
Maybe if people questioned things and didn't take everything said to them by administrators as gospel, we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in at the moment. That is having not played finals for 7 years and finishing near the bottom so often.
And in closing I hate to fall to your level by getting personal, but no one is going to tell me what I can and can't say in relation to my family.

May the St Kevin's Old Boys Prevail.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 7:58 am

Ok lets cool this.

Forums, by their very natures, are collections of personal opinions. We are free, within limits, to state our views about various things in here, but we are not free to expect people to agree or support or even quietly disagree with them. So Rohan, whatever you say or do, there is going to be somebody who will, rightly or wrongly, take issue. Expect that to happen and don't be too precious when it does.

By the same token Rohan has every right to express his opinions on this BB. If you don't agree with him, you have every right to say so, but don't expect him to put his tail between his legs and comply with whatever your message may be.

You have a great footballing family name Rohan and are obviously very proud of it - and justifiably so. If you want to flaunt it, flaunt it, but there will always be someone to take you to task for it.

The best thing to do is to develop a thick skin and enjoy the fight, but never ever lose track of the great thing we all have in common - we're all Collingwood together in here.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 10:27 am

yeah its the real eddie, i asked him myself after we played fremantle and he said that he does post here.
i also reckon u should stop going on about who ur related to.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 12:03 pm

If I change my name by deed poll to ...Craig Mchale-Tuddenham-Moore-Daicos-Millane-Shaw(shudder..)-Richardson-Greening-Thompson-Brown can i boast here too??

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

[This message has been edited by Black_White (edited 27 April 2001).]

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 3:54 pm

Maybe Craig you should change your bogan name to Richard Cranium.

May the St Kevin's Old Boys Prevail.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 4:04 pm

Enough

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: