Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BAR DERMIE FROM CHANNEL 9

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
videoguys 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2001 1:23 pm
Post subject: BAR DERMIE FROM CHANNEL 9Reply with quote

Rumor has it that Dermie might be looked again for a Job at Channel 9.
I think that Eddie would be crazy to take back Dermie to channel nine after he left for Channel Seven. Black bad him for life!
He would have to be the most boring, uninspiring commentators on TV.
We need inspiring, fresh, entertaining commentators, like Eddie.

EDDIE if you read this don’t give this man a spot on TV he’s a dead beat!

GO PIES!!

Mike_Rankin

mike b 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2001 12:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're wrong there, Videoguys. Dermie is still a fresh talent, who has screen presence and a very good vehicle now with "The Game". His programme is much better than "The Footy Show" nowadays. I find The Footy Show really inconsistent in its quality (I have to admit to watching most weeks) and it relies on old men with a desire to take their clothes off on national TV, smutty inuendo, pot-shots at the not-so-smart people in Footscray/Port Adelaide malls and vacant footballers like Matthew Lloyd, who could only be there for his looks. On this last point, I find that if Lloyd is on the panel and Sam finds a way of removing his clothes within the first 5 minutes of a show, then that's usually the quinella for determining it's going to be a bad one.

Dermie is also an astute commentator on footy and I would expect Channel 9 would have seen the last few years as an appropriate training for his return when they get the TV rights.

MBaaaah 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2001 8:34 am

I don't agree. I love Dermie and loved his year at Collingwood. I think Dermie was great as a panel member on the footy show- interesting and funny. Yet as the host on the game, he seems to loose his wit and I find all the sqirming he does in his chair increasingly annoying! Eddie on the other hand, is a complete natural and the footy show has some brilliantly funny moments. I hated Sam's attitude last week when he was questioning that guy from Brisbane. Sam is such a arrogant prick at times and it was badly demonstrated on Thursday night.

videoguys 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2001 11:03 am

What is there to love of this man. Have you ever listen to him when he calls Collingswood games on TV and Radio. He does not have one nice thing to say about our club. I really don't know where you’re coming from. He Criticized Leon Davis throughout the ESSENDON COLLINGWOOD CLASH...Than latter he ate he’s word when Leon Davis TOOK THAT SCREAMING MARK. There’s a lot you all don’t know about this man, he’s a two-faced prick... Like I said DERMIE Sucks!

Mike_Rankin

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2001 12:27 pm

dermie is supposed to commentate, the word commentating meaning to actually tell everyone whos listening to the radio just what is going on. but no, dermie raves on about shit, things that happened about 5 mins ago. its ridiculous and i want him shaw and whoever else thats on that stupid game show to f*ckin stay there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: