Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mark Williams - future coach?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 5:45 pm
Post subject: Mark Williams - future coach?Reply with quote

Just watched Mark Williams on Talking Footy. I loved the way that he said despite the fact he had not been back to Vic Park, he stated "I love the place!"
When Mick has got his Premierships at Collingwood, we would do well to have this guy as our next coach.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 5:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, i saw that. He was very impressive and like you I thought his comment about Collingwood was great. Although hopefully Mick will be here for a long and successful while yet!!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 7:25 pm

It's a bit early to be thinking about our next coach, I would have thought. And really, Mark Williams is about as Port Adelaide as you can get.

There's no doubt that he's starting to get some results at Port. I didn't see him on Talking Footy, but I'd always got the impression he was pretty hopeless at interviews. Maybe he should be one of those mysterious characters who never give interviews. Y'know. The mystery man.

I always thought he'd left Collingwood on very bitter terms and that he actually hated The Club. So, there you go.

Look. I think Mark Williams is going to be one of the great coaches in the AFL, but I'll settle for Mick Malthouse. MM is already one of the great coaches in the AFL and he's our man.

Hey, look. At Collingwood we just like to take it one coach at a time ...

**floreat pica**

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 1:38 pm

Well Alf, you missed a great interview. Mark was very articulate and impressed no end. Sure Mick will be around for a while, as I said; "When he wins his Premierships with Collingwood"!

As for Mark being PA, sure, great family history with the club, but he has fond memories of Vic Park, has a framed Collingwood jumper hanging in his house and said; "I love the place"

If Mark is " as PA as it gets" then what is MM?

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 5:21 pm

Actually, those who've been around this site for a while will know about my Port Adelaide heritage. I go back a long way. And I can remember, as a kid, going to Alberton Oval to watch Port. I always used to get there really early, before the curtain-raiser. And there were these three little kids in Port jumpers who always used to be kicking the footy around on the oval before the match.

Port was coached in those days by the legendary Fos Williams and everyone knew these kids were Fos Williams's sons - Steven, who later played for the Brisbane Bears for a while and is now the coach of the Port Magpies ... Anthony, who played for Port in the S.A.N.F.L. and was killed in an accident at home in 1988 ... and, of course, Mark, who needs no introduction.

I guess that's why I say Mark Williams is as Port as they come, even though he made his S.A.N.F.L. debut with West Adelaide (when Fos was coaching them) and didn't actually play a lot of footy for Port because he played his prime footy years in the VFL with Collingwood and Brisbane.

As for Malty ... well, he DID barrack for Collingwood as a kid. So that must mean something.

Look, I think they're both great coaches. And a few years down the track ... who knows?

**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: