Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Does anybody else want us to help 'em?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 10:12 am
Post subject: Does anybody else want us to help 'em?Reply with quote

Nearly fell out of my chair today when I read that Richmond has requested to play the Mighty Magpies as a round 1 "blockbuster". What a bunch of clampets!! Isn't this the team that was crying poor over Anzac Day? Richmond should realize that they "Need" us more than we need them. Its time for all the other clubs to acknowledge that we are the premier team in the AFL and should be treated accordingly. Whinging one week, needing us the next is typical Tigers crap, along with the fact that they have the biggest bunch of bandwagoners out of any club in any sport in the world. I'm sick to death of they're Yellow & Black shout, seeing as though they don't know the rest of the words to their pathetic song. The tigers should just come out and tell the football world how much they want to be like Collingwood and how they envy the Real Army. The BLACK & WHITE ARMY!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 10:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

TOO RIGHT!!!

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 10:24 am

My exact thoughts too

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 12:01 pm

This will be interesting as Hawthorn have an agreement with the AFL to play us round 1 each year.
This was part of settlement for terminating their 30 year lease of AFL park. I cannot see them letting go of their "blockbuster" (well 50,000 is one for them) so easily.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 6:23 pm

This rigged draw is working against us. Playing all these block-buster games is not only giving us a tougher run than other clubs, but it's also getting very bloody boring. Why not just go back to the days when it came down to the luck of the draw.

Of course that won't happen because there's too much money in having the big 4 clubs playing each other ad infinitum.

**floreat pica**

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 2:38 am

I say to all non collingwood pricks 'go and get stuffed'

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 7:13 pm

I say to the AFL, make the fixture random every year.

Swanny21 Leo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2001 1:24 am

IMHO, the competition hasn't been fair for years and won't be until we play each other twice. If that means culling some teams then so be it. I could name some teams that I'd like to see fold, but that would be selfish of me I want to see the game prosper, and from where I'm looking it seems to be going backwards. The umpires, the untouchable cretins, seem to be killing off this fantastic game. Can anyone tell me who they are accountable to? Does anyone know of a website that highlights their howling errors and in-consistencies? Eddie, perhaps a weekly TV show with the umpires lined up taking questions from the audience with video evidence as back-up.

I know Im dreaming I live in the past too much.

Go Pies, give Carlton a damned good thrashing

Swanny

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 8:01 am

The competition seems to be less fair for us. Over a three year period, it was meant to be that each team played the others the same number of times. Now of course the AFL wants the big 4 (Pies, Dons, Blues and Tiges) to play each other twice every year. But then, for us, we also have to play Hawthorn twice every year (because of their agreement to play against us the first round every year) and North Melbourne. So, out of seven teams that it is possible to play against twice each year, we play twice against the same 5 teams every year! (sorry if that all sounds a bit confusing, but I'm sure you all know what I mean). So come on all you other leaching teams out there - there's still 2 more spots to fill!!! I guess we'll soon see the Doggies and the Cats wanting the two blockbuster games against us each year to help them out of their financial troubles, and then the 7 spots are filled!

I guess I just wanted to vent, because I am sick of us propping up the rest of the competition! And, it's been particularly hard in recent times when the other "big" teams have been stronger than us (on the field at least), so we've had to cope with more losses! At least that seems to be coming to an end this year - the Pies look fantastic and with a little bit of luck could have been 6-0, having defeated these so-called "stronger" teams. I do declare that the Pies are back as a force to be reckoned with!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: