Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"Clearly there are gay footballers in the A.F.L"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon there is deffinatley Gay Players in the AFL! Theres a few I can think of that could be but I aint willing to comment as it may offend!!!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Joe 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:46 pm

Assimilation involves being part of a community.It frustrates me without end why this sort of article needs to be brought to our attention.
Who gives a stuff.People want to be accepted yet they do nothing but bring attention to themselves and their circumstance,this may be a bad example because Caro wrote the article.
At the end of the day what these boys do in their private life is no bodies business.
Why cant minority groups just blend into the community.Due to one reason or another we have all been involved with a minority group over the years,is there really a need to shove our opinion or lifestyle into the face of others.
People are not that concerned about what we do as long as we dont taunt them with it and expect them to conform to our ideology.
Just a few thoughts on this.
I have alot of associates and some friends that are gay,they cannot stand these pride marches and stuff as they dont view it as something to be celebrated but rather thats just the way they were born.
Leave these players alone if they wanna come out it is their business if not thats fine,nobody ever reveals everything about themselves any way.
CHEERS JOE
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:52 pm

There is no doubt about it, if an AFL player came out publicly it would be huge. But when it comes down to it, what goes on off the field in ones private life has nothing to do with anybody but the people concerned and the people they are intimate with.
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:39 pm

In the Rugby League, Ian Roberts came out and had shit put on him both off and on the field.

For a play to come out, it takes balls. you would also need to be very strong mentally to take the s*** which will be put on you.

Of course there are 'gay' players in the afl. There are probably gay players in collingwood. There were probably gay players in the pies of yesteryear.

Like joe said, who cares if someone is gay straight, or whatever. Unfortunently this is not the case for all supporters.

Personally, I say good luck to em. If u r that way, then so cares? but alot of people dont see it that way.

So, good luck to them!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:18 pm

yeh i agree joe, why do we wana see this article? i couldnt give a flying if such and such was gay. im sick and tired of hearing about it actually.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:46 pm

i didnt. isnt that what the pink magpies site is for? so the minority can rave on about things that are relevant to them?!?!

ie you dont need to post it here. if ppl are interested i think they can find the site themselves!
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:54 pm

"I have alot of associates and some friends that are gay,they cannot stand ..... (blah blah) "

Just indicates by how much you miss the point, Joe. Gays are individuals just like heteros are.

Hey, perhaps even some umpires are gay ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:06 pm

yeh and im one of the hetros that is sick and tired of gay ppl shoving their lifestyle down our throats.
its like this 'wow, you're gay. AND???'

hey lets have a march for straight ppl!!

like get over it!
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:18 pm

Quote:

Imagine that.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:20 pm

" ... shoving their lifestyle down our throats." ?? What ?

Does this really happen to you, CQ ? Whether it does or not, it's certainly not happening here.

The author of this thread posted a link for anyone who wanted to read more on the issue. It wasn't an order.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
CP 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:30 pm

Is anyone else sick of people who start the same thread at 15 different collingwood forums just so they can stroke their own egos and draw attention to their own agendas?

Fair dinkum, it's just bloody ridiculous that you go to Hotrod's, Nick's, LSD and wherever else, and 8 of the top 10 threads are all common.

Most of us would have all of the messageboards in our Favourites, so lets just keep the topics to whatever board you happen to be on when you're posting, or the board that best suits your comment, or whatever, but just start one bloody thread!!!
lsdswooper 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:39 pm

Of course there are gays playing aussie rules! and good on anyone who can play at that elite level.

If a collingwood player came out, i reckon he would have the backing of 90% of the collingwood, if your gay, straight, blue, green or from mars, i don't care, so long as you give ya best for collingwood.
dilly5 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:06 am

I dream of a day when the mere mention of homosexuality isn't a big enough deal to start a heated argument (regardless of anyone's position).
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:58 am

CP wrote:
Most of us would have all of the messageboards in our Favourites, so lets just keep the topics to whatever board you happen to be on when you're posting, or the board that best suits your comment, or whatever, but just start one bloody thread!!!

I thought the same the other day, however I've changed my tune. "Most of us" does not cover "all" of us, that is why it should be posted on all forums. I would have missed the "big announcement from Ed" because I don't read hotrods. I'm glad they are posted on all. "Most of us" would just read the thread on one board and skip it on the others - not difficult really.

As for this issue of having the gay banner thrown down our throats....what issue? I'm with Donny on this one. The info is there if you wish to read it. There are hundreds of thread at the pink magpies forum...why post this one......because someone cared enough to think that one other person who doesn't go to the PM site may want to read it.

I read it and thank you Tessa for placing the link. It was a pretty interesting read. Now if I read the link, hasn't the thread served it's purpose?

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Joe 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:14 pm

MAGFAN8 wrote:
"I have alot of associates and some friends that are gay,they cannot stand ..... (blah blah) "

Just indicates by how much you miss the point, Joe. Gays are individuals just like heteros are.

Donny please go back and read my argument again,once again you have proven your lack of intelligence as you are un able to appreciate the point I am making.I repeat I dont have a problem with homosexuals.

Last edited by Joe on Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: