Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tyson the surprise packet

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 1999 8:14 am
Post subject: Tyson the surprise packetReply with quote

Credit where it is due.....Hats off to the recruiting staff. After such a tough year, but one full of promise, one of the good news stories this year has been Tyson Lane.

I for one, almost wrote him off early in the year as guy who could kick a few goals but would not get the ball enough and would go missing when the going got tough. Gladly he has proven me wrong and has shown that he can rack up the posessions all over the ground, can use the ball well and definately knows where the goals are.

His performances in the last six weeks have been fantastic including in some of the pressure games ie: the Crows in Adelaide. He is still young too and could provide many years of service to the Pies.

No doubt he was selected on the strength of his game against us last year when he kicked 5 or 6 for the Doggies in a night match, but the recruiters have got this one right.

------------------
Damien
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 1999 5:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Damien. I watched the Melbourne game (tape) last night and was most impressed with his game. Freeborn also put in a good one. Great the way things are clicking now with the recruits generating drive all the way up the hierarchy, Browny, Cisco and Monkey were all very much alive in that game as well. Interesting to hear Ozzie commit to Lane drilling one as he lined up, "I don't want to put the mozz on him but he'll kick this one,,, he's a very good kick". We do need very good kicks of course but he also seems to have matured/stepped up since joining CFC. Little anthony has matured into the big ANT hasn't he. After hearing 3m on the od occasion and reading various reports I'd heard about his improvement but watching that Melb game he showed a ton of it. All very good omens for the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: