Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick Berg. Beheaded.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I hear, he went to Iraq for the $$, job didn't work out, so he decided to go 'travelling' before going home. If true, I'd say it's a darwin award candidate. Sure, there's plenty of loonies running round Iraq, but given the total breakdown of law & order, it ain't suprising people who act like this bloke apparently did get murdered.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:08 pm

Especially since he received a warning to leave the country but ignored it. You would want some decent wages to work in Iraq after this, but you would still have to be mad to want to work there. What goods money if you might not live to enjoy it.

I was shocked when I heard of this and even more shocked when I read how the execution was performed. There was no clean cut, his head was sawn off with a knife. Made me feel sick in the stomach.

As for the Arab media, they won't report the story or report very little because they either don't even condemn the execution or don't want to be seen as condemning it. And they call us morally decadent.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:40 pm

yeh i saw the video on the net, it took about a minute to saw his head off.

but yes id have to say i wondered if he was in his right mind being in Iraq in the first place.
Scotty Riggs Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:17 am

I guess that is only just the start of this, there will probably be more of this over there. I really don't know which is worse, Iraq then, or Iraq now.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:57 am

CQ wrote:
yeh i saw the video on the net,

Why did you watch it?

(and for the record I'm not judging your decision, I saw it too. I think maybe I'm trying to work out why I did.)
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:32 pm

I saw the video before it even became a news story. I was quite disgusted in what happened and why it was done. However you do have to look at the flip side of the coin and it is that Bush and his Army of Goons have killed 100's of innocent people during this war.

You can judge me for watching this video, however you have to ask yourself this question, CAN YOU HANDLE LIFE? These days a decapitation can be beamed all around the world within a few days of it happening. With all the rape and peadophillia on the news these days its just another useless topic we are forced to take in, whether you choose to watch the video of his "execution" or not. (Why I watched the video at 5 in the morning is beyond me, I felt compelled to and Im glad I did in a way. I realised I support neither side.)

Furthermore, I really hope Nick Berg is a name remembered for the right reasons, Maybe the stupid Yanks should stand up against their Pig headed President and decapitate him, as Nick Bergs blood is on Bush's hands.

Upon watching the video, you realise one thing. War has no winners, only sinners.

Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:56 pm

The way I see it is if Nick Berg can bear it to be done then we can at least bear to watch it. However I've seen a lot worse on the net so I don't blame anyone who didn't want to, it wouldn't be particularly nice to watch, especially if you're used to your daily dose of Home and Away. I also can't find the video on the net. So if anyone has a link to an unedited copy could they please PM me.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:57 pm

Guys...no political rantings on here please.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:20 pm

I havnt seen the actual video but i have seen the Pictures.. thats enough for me.

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:54 pm

I'm with Tess on this one.

If you don't like discussion that's not related to football, then don't have the VP Tavern here at all. Or what was it's purpose?
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:21 pm

mandy wrote:
CQ wrote:
yeh i saw the video on the net,

Why did you watch it?

(and for the record I'm not judging your decision, I saw it too. I think maybe I'm trying to work out why I did.)

cos i wanted to have a look, just curiousity, i knew i wouldnt be affected by it, so why not? and yeh, i wasnt affected by it.
i think the people who did it have a different culture to us which is very primitive, so i guessi u expected them to act primitively. and in primitive times a life was just an object. thats what i reckon neway.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:52 am

CQ wrote:
and yeh, i wasnt affected by it.

Really? Not at all? Confused
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:10 am

Tess, discussing politics creates division, and that is something that is not necessary (when we are often divided on football thoughts anyway). People are often very passionate in their political views, and it will only make the task of moderation even harder.

Having said that, the mods are currently having a discussion on the issue. But, at this stage, can we please steer cleer.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:56 pm

What a load of crap, this is a world issue, no political rantings here. A man has lost his life due to a battle over Bush's greed for power, money and pig headedness.

The way I see America is...They are a little kid playing with matches in the shed next to the tin of petrol. They have dropped plenty of matches near the tin and its only a matter of time before everything really does explode.

If only we knew the truth about the whole story and not just the propaganda that is reported on TV.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:58 pm

mandy wrote:
CQ wrote:
and yeh, i wasnt affected by it.

Really? Not at all? Confused

nah, ive seen worse than that in real life. not like ppls head bein chopped off, but stuff in real life is obviously guna affect u more than a video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: