Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ABC in trouble for Lesbian story

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple fact is this is a government run station and the government has no business using tax payer funds to allow ,albeit subtily, this topic to be put before our impressionable kids without our permission.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:41 pm

This could only happen on the ABC.......
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:04 pm

Birdy wrote:
Children need the influence of both a man and a woman to be able to develop properly and be capable of reaching their full potential. It doesn't matter how loving and caring a gay couple may be, that child is being deprived of the bare essentials in life in order to serve the interests of the parents.

Tess wrote:
I agree in a prefect world a child should have the influence of Mum and Dad, but what happens if one parent dies and the child is bought up by just a mother or just a father?

My dad died when I was 12, leaving me to be raised by just my mum. I have the influcence of several other men in my life apart from a father. I have an older brother, my sisters husband who is very much like another older brother to me as he has been in my life since I was born as well as my uncles.

My point is children still can have both positve male and female role models in their lives if for some reason they aren't getting that from their parents.

But I do agree with you all it is in the best interests of the child to have one male and one female parent.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:21 am

I've just listened to a talk back programme on this subject.

The vast majority of callers expressed views along these lines:

"I don't understand what all the fuss is about"

" .. it's just another aspect of a diverse society"

"Children aren't reacting at all about this issue, it's the parents"

"People are putting adult views onto what children are viewing"

"There's a first time for everything to be introduced as a facet of society. eg. disabilities, aborigines etc."

"Parents should be more concerned about what they do in their lives when it comes to what influences children pick up"

"It's simply a part of life. Why deny the reality?"

"If one of your friends was in a same sex relationship, would you not take your children when you visited them?"

"I sat and watched that programme with my 4 y.o. and she was far more interested in where the child went and what they did, not what sex the parents were"

"A child is going to be able to develop into a confident teenager then a mature adult if their parents are loving and caring PEOPLE, first and foremost"

Apart from one or two Christians who phoned in to say it was 'wrong' and one caller who explained if a young sheep was brought up as a goat, it would try to mate with goats, everyone else expressed variations of the above statements.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:30 pm

How can we give the impression to children that same sex couples and homosexuality in general is acceptable and morally right?

The Bible instructs us to raise children with the training and teaching of the Lord. It also tells us that "Those who sin sexually or men who have sex with men will not inherit the kingdom of God". So are we to teach children not to follow the word of God?

Obviously not all families believe in God or follow the teachings of the Bible, just as not all families believe that homosexuality is an acceptable behaviour. If we are such a diverse society then why should values which are clearly offensive to many families be demonstrated as normal and acceptable behaviour on Play School.

We are constantly told that gay adoption is just as safe as heterosexual adoption and yet there is evidence to suggest that children raised by parents who engage in homosexual activity are more likely to be molested compared to foster homes with heterosexual parents. Yet many wish to teach kids that this type of lifestyle should be ok.

There is also evidence that these children are much more likely to experiment with homosexual behaviour and be more sexually promiscuous. These are not the type of values that we want to implant on society in the false belief that they lead to a healthy and normal lifestyle.

Some might think this all sounds a bit drastic for such a small comment such as going to the zoo with two mums. What was the reason for the ABC including the comment? In an initial attempt to brainwash children at a very young age that this type of lifestyle is normal, acceptable and morally right. They are issues which are difficult to comprehend for children that age, and should therefore be introduced at a time when they have at least some possible chance of making an informed decision as to what values they think are right.

"The child parented by homosexuals is forced to determine which lifestyle is normal. They live with homosexual parents yet supposedly told that they may be heterosexual. There is no continuity and positive reinforcement of a lifestyle that truly is normal." - http://shortreport.com/march.16.htm
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:56 am

nuxta wrote:
Anyone who think kids dont pick up on these things obviosly dosnt have any of them. I have 2 of the little treasures and it was from an early age they started to ask questions about all sorts of stuff

Are you in a heterosexual relationship?

ARE YOU ?

I strongly suspect that you are.

And you inflict this relationship on your "two treasures" on a daily basis.

THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE FRIGGING DISGRACE. You are GUILTY of child abuse, you pervert.

How dare you expose your "two treasures" to the reality of your relationship.

I suppose you two dirty fornicating animals are the parents of these "two treasures".

Don't your "two treasures" ever ask YOU about how they came into existence ... and the nature of your dirty perverted so called "relationship".

I bet your "two treasures" go around telling other people's "treasures" about their "mom and dad".

Yeah?

Go on ... admit it ... they do.

How disgaceful that innocent little kids can have HETEROSEXUALITY forced on them at such a young age.

I'm OUTRAGED.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:01 am

Assassin wrote:
There's a pair in there and some dykes in there.
There's poofters with toys , 'n dildos as well.
Open wide , cum inside it's Gay School.
It's Gay School.

This is the work of someone who thinks Andrew Bolt is the greatest journalist in Australia.

You thug.
DaicsTonguePoke Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:56 pm

Birdy wrote:
MAGFAN8 wrote:
This notion of kids being in moral danger because they may have 'two Mums' or 'two Dads' is absolute nonsense. It's well documented what incredible abuse can be and is inflicted on children by so called 'normal' couples.

There is evidence that shows that kids who are raised by a gay parent are much more likely to experiment with homosexual behaviour and also be more sexually promiscuous. Clearly there is moral danger.

Firstly, as highlighted, that makes no sense.

Secondly, where is this so-called evidence. Those comments sound like YOUR opinions. Do you actually know any homosexual people? Or do you think that by being around them they may give you 'Gay germs' and cause you to want to experiment with homosexual behavior. What an absolutely rediculous statement! Most Gay people are more "moral" than some heterosexuals.
Kelpelican 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:24 pm

Birdy wrote:
The Bible instructs us to raise children with the training and teaching of the Lord. It also tells us that "Those who sin sexually or men who have sex with men will not inherit the kingdom of God". So are we to teach children not to follow the word of God?

Just to be pedantic we are tlaking about lesbians - ie. women
The bible doesnt actually say anything about women have sex only men
So the play school incident is not against teachings in the bible

And as for the rest of your "research" I would love to see the methods and sampling used to come up with such results
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:33 pm

DTP, am I missing something here?

You write: "Firstly, as highlighted, that makes no sense." What makes no sense ?? You highlighted a quote from me AND a quote from someone else. And they seem to be almost opposite opinion.

Then you say, "Where is this so called evidence?" Who was that directed at ?

And you finish with this: "Most Gay people are more "moral" than some heterosexuals." preceded with: "What an absolutely rediculous statement!" You said it. Very Happy

Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:41 pm

I have an exam tomorrow morning so I can't provide a detailed response right now.

DTP, with you 'gay germs' comment, of course being around gay people won't have that effect. I'm talking about being raised by gay parents.

Kelpelican, I can't remember the name of the study, I believe the methods and sampling may have been limited, but I will look into it later.
Kelpelican 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:42 pm

That would be great birdy
I would love to see the methods used
DaicsTonguePoke Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:52 pm

Sorry Magfan8. not the quote boxes themselves just the text in bold, mainly the words 'evidence' and 'much more likely'

And the question about evidence was directed at Birdy's 'evidence' post
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:34 pm

NW, DTP.

There's been so much drivel written in this topic. I just didn't want to be associated with the worst of it. Very Happy

My overall point is simply this: It's the quality of the person that makes a good or bad parent. Not their sexual preference.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:38 pm

did someone in this thread say that andrew bolt's the best journo in the country? good lord. god help us. are we aware that mr. bolt used to be a proud member of the now defunct National Front - a neo-fascist conglomerate? hahah not only is he pure scum, he's also possibly the worst journo in the WORLD. read around before ya go swallowing his drivel. it's far, far more harmful than some lesbian reference on friggin play school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: