Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ABC in trouble for Lesbian story

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Birdy"]I have an exam tomorrow morning so I can't provide a detailed response right now".

Birdy, i hope you can explain in detail why so many gay men and women around the world come from hetro parents...

and birdy, what if your child comes to you one day and says, hey dad im gay.... hhmm what would you do birdy?
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:15 pm

eddies bank balance wrote:
Birdy, i hope you can explain in detail why so many gay men and women around the world come from hetro parents...

Not in detail, can you? Most scientists hold the opinion that it's a result of complex interactions of psychological, social, and biological factors.

and birdy, what if your child comes to you one day and says, hey dad im gay.... hhmm what would you do birdy?

I strongly doubt that would ever happen but if it did I'd do my best to help them overcome their homosexuality. What would you do?
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:04 am

I wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't turn them away Tess. We're all able to make choices and if a son or daughter wanted to make the wrong decision and revert back to that lifestyle then so be it. We can only do the best we can.

Also, contrary to what some people here seem to think I don't hate gay people or anyone else, I only hate sin and the behaviour.
eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:54 am

birdy wrote,,"Most scientists hold the opinion that it's a result of complex interactions of psychological, social, and biological factors". sounds like u have some personnal issues with ya self.

and about scientists (mind u, in school i was taught that i comes before e except after c) i asked the teacher why science is spelt this way(she had no answer) friday herald sun pg32... life on earth came from comets?... ohhhh....... r u scared?

I strongly doubt that would ever happen but if it did I'd do my best to help them overcome their homosexuality. What would you do?[/quote]

what would i do? i certainly wouldnt try and make them something that they aint!
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:27 pm

sounds like u have some personnal issues with ya self.

Mate if you can't reply without resorting to childish and personal (spelt with one n BTW) remarks then don't bother at all.

and about scientists (mind u, in school i was taught that i comes before e except after c) i asked the teacher why science is spelt this way(she had no answer) friday herald sun pg32... life on earth came from comets?... ohhhh....... r u scared?

Spelling? Comets? Not even remotely relevant to the issue. Theres a thread on belief which is somewhat related to the origin of life on earth.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:06 pm

foxy, I wouldnt' say Bolt is pure scum (btw, I wasn't the one that said he was the best journo.

Sure, he writes some bad material, but there are just as many, if not more than him, on the other side of the coin that write similar pieces.
eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:37 pm

birdy wrote;Mate if you can't reply without resorting to childish and personal (spelt with one n BTW) remarks then don't bother at all.

well it was cold and i guess my fingers stuttereddd on the keyboard

and as for being childish and insulting, i guess we have or may not have something in common.... so therefore , i wont bother with this thread.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:42 am

Tess wrote:
I know being gay is not a choice, if anyone had a choice 95% would not be gay. Those who ignore their true life are the one that end up in a religous situation and sooner or later their desires rise up and these subdued feelings are let loose on the weakest within their reach. Thats what happens Birdy to these poor people that are forced (brainwashed) into living the lie that is forced upon them by people who will not accept that you can be born homosexual. Those not accepting this fact are as responsable for the acts these people commit as the people themselves IMHO.

There is no scientific evidence that supports the idea that people can be born gay. Genetics does play a role, however most of the evidence there is suggests that environmental factors have more of an influence than genes.

I'm not saying it would be an easy task to convert but it can certainly be done. There are people all over the world using reparative therapy to change their sexual orientation.

Obviously it would be in the best interests for these people to not become gay in the first place, however the media does their best to encourage it by promoting ideas such as: they're born that way, theres nothing they can do about it, and they should just accept who they are.

These lies are being taught to kids in their early teens when they first begin to show signs of confusion, the critical period in the development of this behaviour when they could be influenced either way.

Tess wrote:
I don't believe you hate anyone Birdy, but you are NOT to judge others that is why God is around. The reason Jesus was Cricified was so no-one but himself would judge others and therefore forgive them.

But am I judging or merely pointing out sin? Jesus never judged anyone during his lifetime yet he pointed out thousands of sins.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:36 pm

If people with ADD and depression are given medical help, why aren't gay people also given treatment instead of telling them to accept it as who they are? Thats the difference I see.

How about people who are obese? Weight loss is known to have a strong genetic component, however they aren't told to accept who they are. Instead what do we see every time we flick on the tely? Diets and weight loss programs galore to help them overcome their obesity.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:05 am

people who are obese from eating too much (as opposed to a disorder) are fkn disgraces to society, i dont know why they think WE (the public in general) should respect them when they clearly have no respect for themselves! pfft.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:24 am

Birdy wrote:
If people with ADD and depression are given medical help, why aren't gay people also given treatment instead of telling them to accept it as who they are?

ADD and depression can be 'cured' using treatment. How do you 'cure' being gay? Is it an illness? If it is, i'd suggest after a 'cure' is found for it, we get to work on a cure for bigotry.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:37 am

I don't believe it's classified an an illness, however if you want to see what illnesses and negative health effects are associated with it then go to: http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS01B1

In a previous post I did mention that therapy can be used to successfully convert gay people, and the younger the person is the easier it would be.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:22 pm

There are many illnesses and negative health effects associated with heterosexuality, too, Birdy.

If you truly believe homosexuality is an illness and can be cured, then I trust you are aware that it is not a modern phenomenon but an "illness" as old as Man?

And I further trust you are aware that the Bible is not a literal truth? Some, perhaps many, of the stories in the Bible have much more ancient origins. They derive from earlier cultures than the Hebrews.

Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:54 pm

Cannibal wrote:
There are many illnesses and negative health effects associated with heterosexuality, too, Birdy.

Not as many as for homosexuals. Their extreme levels of promiscuity makes them much more succeptible to diseases. They have on average a 20 year reduced life expectancy. They also have much higher rates of psychiatric illnesses such as depression, suicide and drug abuse.

Cannibal wrote:
If you truly believe homosexuality is an illness and can be cured, then I trust you are aware that it is not a modern phenomenon but an "illness" as old as Man?

The behaviour has been around for a long time, yes.

Cannibal wrote:
And I further trust you are aware that the Bible is not a literal truth? Some, perhaps many, of the stories in the Bible have much more ancient origins. They derive from earlier cultures than the Hebrews.

Some parts of the Bible are to be taken literally while others should be interpreted figuratively. So in a way you're correct, however that doesn't mean it contains any falsehoods. I belive it is completely reliable and that it's authors are who we believe them to be.

Tess wrote:
Amnesty International released a book this week ‘Sex, Love And Homophobia’ in this book Amnestly says that many many countries still have the death penalty for Gay Lesbian or Transgendered folk.

Is this the world Nuxta and Birdy would like to live in?

You're saying I think they should be put to death? Just a slight exaggeration don't you think?
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:15 pm

Birdy wrote:

Cannibal wrote:

Some parts of the Bible are to be taken literally while others should be interpreted figuratively. So in a way you're correct, however that doesn't mean it contains any falsehoods. I believe it is completely reliable and that it's authors are who we believe them to be.

Ah well, that's why we sit miles apart. The Bible so many people use is not reliable. It depends so much on translation and its accuracy is debateable. Despite being Presbyterian, I prefer to rely on the Hebrew versions of the Old Testament and to ignore the New entirely. Much of it has been written in such a way as to make the Old read as a prediction of the New and for centuries, Jews across the world have been persecuted on that basis. Basically, upon a pack of lies. I would hate to try to estimate how many lives (millions, hundreds of millions?), of people of many different Faiths have been murdered because people think "their" version is completely accurate and everyone else's is wrong. Religious persecution has been the bane of mankind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: