Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Neighbours actor dies from clot

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:16 am
Post subject: Neighbours actor dies from clotReply with quote

Neighbours actor dies from clot
By FIONA BYRNE and MARY PAPADAKIS
27jun04

NEIGHBOURS cast member Stewart Adam has died suddenly from a blood clot.

The emerging actor and model fell ill at his parents' Brighton home on Monday night.
He died on the way to hospital.

A post-mortem found deep vein thrombosis - a rare disease usually associated with long-haul flights - was to blame.

The tightly knit Neighbours set is in shock.

Adam played affable mechanic Aaron Barkley in the popular soap.

His devastated family was told the fit, healthy and active 24-year-old developed a blood clot in his leg that moved and lodged in his heart.

Other than a pain in his groin, he had no indication he was ill, until it was too late.

"The cast was stunned," a spokeswoman for Neighbours said. "They were all shocked when the announcement was made in the Green Room. I don't think anyone quite believed what they were hearing."

While Adam did not play a main character in Neighbours, he was well-liked and highly regarded by his peers on set. He was also a sought-after model.

Deborah Miller, who represented Adam at Toorak-based Cosmopolitan Model Management, described him as someone with the world at his feet.

"He had it all. He was the most special, beautiful person you could meet," Miller said.

"He had not been modelling long, but he had a huge future. There was international interest - he was smart, good-looking, well-mannered and extremely professional. He had everything. His death is a tragedy."

Adam's friends rallied to support each other this week, remembering a vibrant, special friend. Others were flying in from overseas for his funeral, which will be held in Brighton tomorrow.

Deep vein thrombosis is a rare, but deadly condition caused by blood clots forming in the deep veins of the legs.

It is dubbed "economy class syndrome" because of its well-known link to long flights. About one in every 100 sufferers dies after a clot travels to their lungs, causing a pulmonary embolism.

Former Australian cricket captain Steve Waugh made headlines when he suffered the condition after returning from the 2001 Ashes tour.

Those who are overweight, take the contraceptive pill or hormone replacement therapy, have a history of heart disease or cancer, or who have had recent surgery, are at increased risk of developing the condition.

It also has been linked to being immobile in cramped conditions for long periods.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,9965239%255E2902,00.html

Daks Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Always sad to hear stories like this. I've never watched Neighbours in my life so i've never actually heard of him before but seemed like he had alot going for him, he died so young. Sorry to his family.

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:11 pm

I saw his picture. I watch Neighbours every now and then, but I don't think I have seen him before. Maybe he was a new addition to the cast.

Sad story though.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:20 pm

Joel, He plays the Mechanic that the girls lusted after until they found out he was "batting for the other side". Had very few lines from memory but was filmed a lot in the background.
Been in and out of the show for the past 6 months.

Don't ask how I know this.........please..........!

Sad for family and friends. Very young really.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:16 am

Hmmm, I think I know who you are talking about. I mustn't watch it enough. Don't worry Eunos, I won't ask.

Yep....very sad, and so sudden, that's the worst bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: