Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BEN GRAHAM

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 1999 6:03 am
Post subject: BEN GRAHAMReply with quote

Noted in y'day's paper that Graham is wavering over re-signing with the Pussies.

THIS IS A MAN TO NAB AS AN UNCONTRACTED PLAYER.

I know a lot of peolpe here have been raving about Pavlich and the need for a CHF, but I believe that between Tarrant, Tuckey, Pebbles and maybe Mal that we have enough talent to cover that position.

Where we usually get hurt up forward is do to poor delivery into the forward line, not necessarily the personnel playing there (delivery to Sav is a case in point: his great games are when others kick to space in front of his lead, which doesn't happen often enough).

Our biggest downfall has been the lack of quality backmen ksince Pert and Kelly left. MAl and Presti have shown good form this year, but are really the types of players to take the 2nd or preferably 3rd tall.

GRAHAM would enable that to happen

Our other deficiency is lack of back-up for Monky. Drafting Josh Fraser is my preference here, given that Monky has shown he can easily play on next year and provide the sort of tutelage that Stynes did for White. I've watched Smith and Gardiner many times in the Magoos, and Smith just does not have what it takes. Gardiner is more promising, but still has not developed as quickly as hoped.

I don't favour drafting McKernan, despite his class, as he is inconsistent and injury prone (though not as bad as many others). He is also older than many realise, and may only give 2-3 more years than the toothless plumber.

GRAHAM offers greater value in terms of age and durability, particularly in an area where we are most deficient.

EDDIE - GET OUT THE CHEQUE BOOK AND JUMP ON THE GEELONG RD!
Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 1999 6:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to reply to my own topic, but I forgot one more positive: given Tarkyn's great form with kick-outs, have a listento this scenario.

LOCKYER kicks out to a waiting GRAHAM, 40 metres out.
GRAHAM thumps it to Buckley on the Wing / HFF (now further up the ground due to the capabilities of others to do what we used to only rely on him to do).
BUCKLEY delivers a 50 metre, lace out, precision pass to Sav 30-40 metres from Goal.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 1999 10:01 am

Broadie,
Agreed that Ben Graham would be a good pick up, however he is currently talking about one more contract in the AFL before heading of to the States to become a punter with the NY Jets (Benny and the Jets...yeah I know)This would mean 3 years at Collingwood max and he wants big money. Maybe we should be looking more long term than that.

The thought of him in the scenario of moving the ball from full back to full forward via Bucks is tantalising not to mention his recent forays into the forward line for Geelong giving even more flexibility to our line up (along with Pebbles moving between the forward line and backline).

I disagree about Corey though, I reckon we shouldn't rule him out. He is starting to play great footy again, has plenty more years left and can play anywhere, especially in the ruck.

------------------
Damien
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 1999 11:38 am

Damien,

I dearly would like to have Graham for three years than nothing at all. Graham is a booming kick - has great height and well built. And can play key pozzies either side of the ground.

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 1999 1:27 pm

ben graham would be brilliant at full-back. it'd release mal to play the athlete across half-back or half-forward, and let schaubs and presti play their own game in less important spots. with godden doing the tagging work, burnsy, willo, and wasley providing some drive off the flanks, then suddenly the back line looks nice. of course if the midfield improves a lot, say if king and orchard are rovers and betho improves his kicking, then bucks will also be free to take up a half-back flank, where he's suited i think. that'd be an incredible back line. in any case i prefer the sound of graham-willo goal or graham-buckley goal. it's that simple.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 1999 1:29 pm

by the way schauble's playing full-back this week, wasley's lining up at half-forward. and a very special player by the name of jason wild is playing at back pocket.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 1999 11:19 am

From what i hear Corey McKernan is about to announce a new deal with North Melbourne. Guess we've already missed that boat.

Brad Hardie wrote in the Sunday paper here that the Pies are talking to Peter Everitt. Who i reckon would be much better for us than McKernan or Graham.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: