Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Better browser than internet explorer----www.mozilla.org

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killbot 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One big problem with Firefox is that some webpages aren't designed to run in it, so you have to use IE for them

Is a pain
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:46 pm

Just something people should be wary of. I've been using Firefox for the past 24 hours or so and it was running well until I came across a popular program called Mozilla Optimizer that configures your settings so it runs even quicker. A lot of people around the net seem to be using it.

Anyway I downloaded and installed it and found it had a number of viruses that ran loose and spread through Windows. Norton Antivirus detected but couldn't repair all the files that were continuously being alerted to me so now I'm reformatting and reinstalling Windows.

Obviously I shouldn't have installed the optimizer and it was probably just a bad version of it but I'm not sure how much Firefox contributed to it spreading like that as it's the worst virus I've ever encountered. I'll see if I can find out more about the browsers succeptibility to viruses.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:50 pm

Hope everything works out with it Birdy. I'm guessing it was just a bad download.
michael Aries

moo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:10 pm

ive had no problems with virii from firefox - quite truthfully i wouldnt download anything mozilla related that wasnt linked from the mozilla website, - the amount of stuff you can trust off the net is very low
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:29 pm

I thought Norton Antivirus would have stopped any malicious code from executing as it always has done in the past but I suppose the lesson here is not to depend too heavily on your Antivirus software. God only knows what would have happened if the virus was allowed to run completely. Had all my uni stuff on there too that wasn't backed up, could have been a disaster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: