Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WTF is wrong with our justice system?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not even about the death penalty. to get NOTHING for raping a little girl, and theres not a question mark because he said he did it.

fricken ridiculous.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:29 pm

Eunos wrote:
It's time for mandatory sentencing.
The judges have shown they are no longer in touch with community expectations, therefore they cannot be trusted to impose the sentence the public expects.

Eunos, i fear that same senile imbecile sits on the AFL tribunal judicary and hands out similar PENALTIES, EXCEPT when a Collingwood player appears on crap charges, then it's off to the gallows with him.

Dyso
Eunos 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:02 am

emdeem wrote:
I too, would like to find out where nuxta has been unchristian.
Where does it say killing as a punishment is wrong in the bible?
Maybe somebody could enlighten me.

Does that mean killing in the theatre of war is wrong, I think not.
Please, please all you people who pretend to know the laws of the bible that they may have heard when they were in Sunday school explain to me were it is wrong to kill your fellow man under the duristiction of the law.

And don't give me the "Thou shall not kill", it is much deeper than that.

The law, and sentencing, has nothing to do with the bible. Or religion of any kind in Australia.
This thread is about proper punishment for the crimes committed in a modern society, not a 2.000 year old one.
Please refrain from living in the past and try and involve yourselves in the debate centered in the 21st century.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:30 pm

London Dave wrote:
nuxta wrote:
Pure and proper scientific evidence ie:DNA. Not reasonable doubt but factually guilty must be the finding.

So, swearing on the bible no longer good enough for you? So, science is OK when you can use it to justify killing someone, but not when it contradicts the bible?

Dear Dave, any christian could tell you it has never been ok to swear on the bible but just let your yea be yea and your nay be nay. I have never had a problem with pure observeable science but your evoloution isnt science it is a theory.............hence the name "the theory of evoloution". And by the the way it was God who instituted the death penalty not man., and nowhere in the bible did He take it away.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:33 pm

Eunos wrote:
The law, and sentencing, has nothing to do with the bible. Or religion of any kind in Australia.
This thread is about proper punishment for the crimes committed in a modern society, not a 2.000 year old one.
Please refrain from living in the past and try and involve yourselves in the debate centered in the 21st century.

Considering that the death penalty finds its origens in the bible as does our western world moral code I would say it has everything to do with it. We will come to the 21st century if you will open your eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: