Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"FAHRENHEIT 9/11"...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it last weekend Tess and loved it. Especially the stuff that we dont get shown here on TV. The face of Bush sitting at the school room for seven minutes after hearing about the second plane crashing into the Twin Towers was priceless. I like the stuff Michael Moore does, especially when he challenges set views on many issues. I wish there were more (Moore!) like him around!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:14 pm

Michael Moore makes some really interesting fictional documentaries.
Both Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 911 twist facts, or just plain make them up.
I'll give this to him - he is a good director. He knows what people want to see, and knows how to con people really well too.
Just remember not to take in everything you see in documentaries as fact.....especially seeing Moore has a history of not being able to tell the truth.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:37 pm

No, I think he's behind the Greeny candidate - Kerry's possibly a little too mainstream for Moore.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:18 am

magpie greg wrote:
... He splices things together to mislead, and even shows pieces of footage totally out of contect and unexplained.

Pretty much standard procedure in all branches of media. Our mainstream news bulletins and current affairs shows do exactly the same thing.

I haven't seen Fahrenheit 911 yet ... so I can't really comment. But I'll probably enjoy it ... even if it IS a pack of lies.

Face it ... there's a war on ... a war of lies and bullshit. Moore is fighting the war ... and he's fighting dirty ... which is generally how you're supposed to fight a war.

Good luck to him.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:12 pm

The trouble is, Moore fights everything 'dirty'. Gun control, 'rigged' presidential elections, you name it.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:25 pm

magpie greg wrote:
There is a website that lists 59 lies he has in his film already, and they are still counting.

Now MG, who's misleading the public now?
Yes, there is a website that refutes the "Lies" of F 9/11, but there is also a website that refutes the refuters! (is that a word?)

Basically, the truth is never told by either side, any thinking human knows this. Both sides will always move to try and make you believe their version of events.
The best we can hope for is to look at the "evidence" and try and decide if its true or false.

As for Moore, I reckon he's great. Has put himself on the line with views that are contrary to the great American "Democracy"
Who could ever forget the scene on the Naked Truth of the cancer victims singing Xmas carols, with those electronic voice boxes, in the front office of a tobacco company?
Classic stuff.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:14 pm

Moore fans should be a little worried after reading this
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
Here's one of those 'anti-moore' sites
www.moorewatch.com
Even Jill Singer (The Herald Sun's resident extreme left-wing opinion writer) said that there were problems with F911's credibility.
And I've had a look at that "59 deceits" page, and it looks like typical Michael Moore at work. However I would be interested if anyone has the url for the site refuting the refuters or whatever.......

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:16 pm

David, I don't understand your 'Trouble is' reference.

His targets lie, cheat, murder, rip off, corrupt, hoodwink, manipulate - you name it - and he exaggerates his point of view (good on him) and gets criticised

Should he attack everything 'clean' ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:23 pm

Its all propaganda, you cant watch anything with money or politics involved it these days without the underlying tone of lies, b*llshit and deception of anybody who doesnt have an open mind.

Michael Moore is just as bad as Bush. Both are filthy and full of crap. However one wouldnt base their hate of Bush on that documentary... Theres so much more to him Very Happy

Michael Moore should do a documentary on Eddie lol

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:47 pm

Michael Moore's aim lies in this thread. We are talking about it...it's not getting swept under the carpet - objective 1 achieved...a couple more to go now.

Anyone who's read some of Moore's books knows he's quite happy to call a spade a spade....and then dare to be sued for it. He's not in jail. Defamation is huge in the US. His so called lies have elements of truth to them, they have to, otherwise the BIG political boys would have weeded him out a lot earlier.

Having said that, I haven't seem 9/11 so I can't comment on it. From the people I know who've seen it there are 2 groups - the Howard camp lovers who think Moore's full of shite and the Howards Haters who think Moore's a legend.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Kelpelican 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:15 am

My "problem" with Michael Moore is he makes so called documentary's
The perception is a documentary should be informative and factual, not misleading propaganda

If they were marketed under another genre I am not sure I would have such a big problem

I loved Bowling for Columbine and think he ia fantastic film maker but reading his books - I hate to say it but he seems blinkered and ignorant
They read like he has never stepped back and thought - maybe the conservatives have a point occasionally

But having said all that - given the amount of right wing journalism out there, its refreshing to have someone kind of maintream out there presenting an alternative view
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:06 pm

That's my prob too. The fact that these things are advertised as a 'doco'. Get off it!

Pure manipulation of video, and fact.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:05 pm

Joel wrote:
That's my prob too. The fact that these things are advertised as a 'doco'. Get off it!

Pure manipulation of video, and fact.

Please advise me of any Doco that does not have an agenda of some kind. I've yet to see one.
Pure human nature always taints any documentary as the maker starts with a view he/she wants to get across to a mass audience.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:50 pm

Good point. Still doesn't disprove that it is manipulation of fact.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:29 pm

Yes seeing F 9/11 made me realise bush is an even bigger tosser than I first thought!

"The Iraqis aren't happy about being invaded... Well I wouldn't be happy if we were invaded either... hahahah" Thats what he actually said!

What a nob Rolling Eyes

It really annoyed me how he was making a mockery of the Iraq war. Oh and the stupidity of some of the soldiors they put on saying how they drive around in the tanks with music pumping that goes
"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire,
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire,
We don't need no water let the motherf***er burn,
Burn motherf***er burn."

What a pack of fricken cowboys, and they wonder why everyone hates them. Hmmmm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: