Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Suffering Demons Fans!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 4:15 pm
Post subject: Suffering Demons Fans!Reply with quote

Wasn't it great to see all the Demons supporters leaving the 'G early coz they were getting flogged by the Mighty Magpies.

And to rub salt into the wounds.... there's NO SNOW! LOL

Towards September we march!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 5:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

no snow, but it was a black and white avalanche!

"The Chad is great"
Dazza42 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 5:36 pm

Oh what a win. On the subject on melbourne fans, the best thing i saw was when i was leaving after the game i happend to look up and there was diamond joe, to see the look on his face just cracked me up, it realy looked as he had just been given the walk of shame in the missing link, oops i mean the weakest link, i just looked at him and gave him 1 hell of a smart arse smile.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 8:27 pm

People often say that it's unfair to stereotype supporters of particular clubs. But as I was arriving at the footy this week I couldn't help noticing that there really was a shitload of Range Rovers in the M.C.G. car park.

**floreat pica**

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 3:18 am

Well how boring are the melbourne supporters i mean you give em a bit of stick and the buggers run from ya i mean come on get real we were hangin shit on em at half time and they would look at ya like a pussy cat not knowing which way to run....

'oh jolly oh dees' what the hell is that crap can some one tell me ?

Give me a 'lets kick thucking arse pies' any day.

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 3:28 am

some of them are a pack of blue blooded pansies. not only did I see lots of range rovers but also volvo station wagons. on the train in one melb supporter was wearing a full on ski jacket and outfit she must have come straight from the snow! the players are the same too; pebbles shoved the ball into troy simmond's face after taking a mark but no melb players retaliated. they all sit in the mcc cheering on their little no. 45 or big no. 5. tally ho.

"The Chad is great"
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 4:07 am

Well I sat in the Olympic stand behind the Melbourne cheer squad, how weak are they. There is a dozen of them at the most with hardly any voice and all they do is melbourne clap clap clap. What was really dissapointing was one Melbourne fan leaning over the race after the game taking a swing at the Melbourne players. Security should've whacked him one, god knows I would have.

Fradam Wrote This
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 4:11 am

Yep how good was it when pebbles showed him the ball i love that shit that was a turn on.

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!

MALG 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 4:16 am

You are soooo right. I am an MCC member (also a CFC social club member) and the amount of sooking that was going on was laughable. Melbourne were soft and heartless, and desevered to get whacked. Th boys looked the best they have looked for 12-18 months. A suppose a big problem for MM is where to play bucks, because our midfield was awesome. Does a forward line that has Tarrant, Rocca, Molloy and Buckley, with Nick davis and Brodie Holland sound awesome or what?

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 9:20 am

I don't know why but I'm actually on the MCC waiting list however I'm not going to join up when they finally draw my name out of the hat after 20 years I've already drafted the letter that I'm going to send to them:

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for the invitation to become a non-voting member of the Melbourne Cricket Club, which I received in the mail today after a twenty year waiting period. However, I am respectfully declining your invitation. I am aware of the many advantages of Australia’s largest private club: the exclusivity of the club, the opportunity to network with Melbourne’s business and political elite, the chance to have a civilised day out at the football, and to take a non-conformist stance against Mexican Waving or, indeed, Mexicans.

I cite the following reasons for declining your invitation:

1. I am a Collingwood Magpie supporter. My presence and the blue-collar working class connotations of the Magpies may not sit well with the MCC establishment, particularly since it is now evident that the club of choice in the MCC, the Melbourne Demons, are a far inferior facsimile of Collingwood, which is the greatest football club in the world.

2. My family drive a Holden. I fear that this fact may lead to petty jealousy from MCC members who drive English-made all terrain vehicles, especially when they come to realise that their vehicles do not generate the necessary velocity to outrun a Holden from a stationary position at the traffic lights.

3. I studied at Ashwood Secondary College, which is unfortunately a public school. This, and the fact that I come from a humble background, may disadvantage me in my interactions with members of the highest socio-economic group within the MCC. I am also of non Anglo-Saxon descent, a minority group if you will, and I do not wish to suffer the same indignant treatment that was accorded to the past president of the Melbourne Football Club.

4. Politically, I usually vote Labor and, indeed, I am currently employed within the state government service, which is currently under a Labor government. I do not wish this clash of ideologies to impinge or disturb the delicate blue-blooded air of your staunch Liberal establishment. Also, I have noticed that Liberal MCC members tend to develop funny eyebrows which, while amusing, is something that I do not desire.

I thank you again for your invitation, and ask that you reallocate my membership to someone more deserving than I. Meanwhile, I will be sitting within the new Collingwood Social Club at the MCG although I will be keeping a close and interested eye on the progress of your new pavilion, when your existing 100-year-old one gets demolished.

Yours sincerely,

"The Chad is great"

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 12 June 2001).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 9:28 am

LOVE IT......PURE GOLD MATE....only one other person on this board could better that....where are you Alf !!!

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 9:34 am

Thats so funny! When im old enough (15 or 16 i think) I'll get my membership, my uncle whoz beeen a member practically all his life put me down for it when I was born.
Good letter, except I want my membership! And I can't wait to get it!

I LOVE DANNY ROACH 4 EVA AND EVA
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 9:42 am

Wonderful stuff Junkboy.

Danzy, I have 3 sons. Will, the eldest was 18 when he got his letter from the MCC, Patrick was 17 and Nick got his almost exactly on his 16th birthday, so the list must be getting shorter as the Junkboys of the footy world discard their right to join the pseudo-aristocrats.

ps. We chose to respectfully ignore the letters because, as well as being blackandwhitenecks, we had no class, no money and no need.

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 10:28 am

Hey, I only really want my membership because then you get discounts to the MCG. Which means I might acually be able to go to a few matches.

I LOVE DANNY ROACH 4 EVA AND EVA
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 10:30 am

I think everyone is a bit harsh on stereotyping Melbourne supporters. Sure they have that Melbourne Grammar, snow loving, Range Rover, Malvern residing and MCC element, but they also have a large base of "working class" supporters.

I read were the MCC contributes 20 per cent of the Melbourne Football Clubs membership, which is not a great deal.

There are a lot of working class supporters at Melbourne, which is a major reason why Gutnick got voted in the first place. I know he got voted out, but this was largely due to figures such as Guest, Newport (Melbourne Grammar) and Stockdale (Liberal) believing he is a threat to the establishment at the club.

If you want to label a club as "toffy" I suggest you take a look at the Hawthorn Football Club. It is dominated Eastern suburb living, Liberal voting, Xavier College types who jumped on in the eighties

May the St Kevin's Old Boys Prevail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: