Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Yahoo its fun giving the Melbourne cheer sqaud crap.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 12:59 pm
Post subject: Yahoo its fun giving the Melbourne cheer sqaud crap.Reply with quote

hahahhaaha what a great game. Sitting on the other side of where the melbourne players run out and with the melbourne cheer sqaud on the other side of of it. Some of them giving it to us collingwood fans. But i stood up and said "Score Board" "Score Board" That shut them up. What a great day hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Did we notice that almost everything about that tarrant mark was the same as the one he took against North that time?

[This message has been edited by I@n S (edited 12 June 2001).]
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yea it would have shut 'em up

I LOVE DANNY ROACH 4 EVA AND EVA
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 9:10 pm

Hey I@nS,

I'll tell you something that is even more fun than giving the opposition cheer squad a bagging when we beat them ...

... being in the Collingwood Cheer Squad and celebrating the win with Collingwood supporters.

What gives you the biggest thrill:
Collingwood winning ... or the opposition losing.

Just a thought, mate.
Just a thought.

**floreat pica**

ytry4 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 1:52 am

Speaking of cheersquads, how come neither of them sat behind the goals? I know the Collingwood one sat in the ponsford on the second level, but what about the melbourne one? what kind of a cheersquad sits out near the flank?

Go PIES 2001

Junior Joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 2:03 am

ytry4,
they have always sat out on that flank, thats where theirembers sit, and where the players come out.

i agree its stupid not sitting behind the goals!

well done to our cheersquad monday too

Proud to be Collingwood

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 2:06 am

Another fun thing is to bag the Essendon cheersquad (even when they are winning) and they are still to supid and gutless to think of any comebacks.

Insert Creative signature <HERE>
I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 12:04 pm

AlfAndrews,
It would be great celebrating with Collingwood fans. To be honest I think having the cheer squad behind the goals is stupid because you can't realy see whats happening at the other end of the ground. Sitting next to the cheer squad at the Richmond game for example. I couldn't see anything apart from what was at our end or in the middle. But on the other hand it's good for supporting the team when kicking at that goal and putting the other team off then they kick to that end.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 12:09 pm

I'm really not into this idea of bagging the opposition cheer squad. A few years ago I interviewed members of the Essendon, Richmond, St.Kilda, Hawthorn and Collingwood Cheer Squads for my Ph.D. thesis. I was amazed at the love these people had for their respective clubs.

I know how much it hurts when Collingwood loses. It is just total devastation. The last thing I need is some smart arse getting in my face about it.

Look, I got in a fight after our win over Port Adelaide at Football Park because some f*ckwit was giving us an earfull of crap. I gave this idiot an elbow in the head and I copped a whack in the ear in return. I've got no problem at all with giving as much shit as possible to any opposition supporter who really deserves it.

But PLEASE ... if you want to bag the opposition supporters after a win ... pick on the ones who really DESERVE it. Not the Cheer Squad. They're the real deal. They bleed for their club just like we bleed for ours. Please, have some respect for that.

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 12:31 pm

Actually, I@nS, I agree with you. If I had my way, cheer squads would sit on the wing. The Melbourne Cheer Squad has got the best seats in the house. St.Kilda Cheer Squad used to have a great spot on the flank at Waverley.

It's just traditional for cheer squads to sit behind the goals. I think it's because the early cheer squads evolved out of gangs of kids in the 1950s who used to follow the star full-forwards around. But there have been plenty of exceptions to the behind-the-goals tradition.

But I'm only one person and I seem to be outnumbered by those who prefer to be behind the goals. So I just accept it.

The view from behind the goals takes a bit of getting used to if you've always sat on the wing. But I've learned to use the video screen when the ball is at the other end of the ground and switch back to direct vision as soon as the ball gets cleared out of that area.

The compensation is that you get a fantastic view of the action when the play is up your end. And there is nothing more exciting that watching the Pies get on a roll when they are kicking to the Cheer Squad's end. When that happens there is really no other place you'd want to be.

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 12:32 pm

Actually, I@nS, I agree with you. If I had my way, cheer squads would sit on the wing. The Melbourne Cheer Squad has got the best seats in the house. St.Kilda Cheer Squad used to have a great spot on the flank at Waverley.

It's just traditional for cheer squads to sit behind the goals. I think it's because the early cheer squads evolved out of gangs of kids in the 1950s who used to follow the star full-forwards around. But there have been plenty of exceptions to the behind-the-goals tradition.

But I'm only one person and I seem to be outnumbered by those who prefer to be behind the goals. So I just accept it.

The view from behind the goals takes a bit of getting used to if you've always sat on the wing. But I've learned to use the video screen when the ball is at the other end of the ground and switch back to direct vision as soon as the ball gets cleared out of that area.

The compensation is that you get a fantastic view of the action when the play is up your end. And there is nothing more exciting that watching the Pies get on a roll when they are kicking to the Cheer Squad's end. When that happens there is really no other place you'd want to be.

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 12:52 pm

piesPremiers2001,

Sorry. Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. I don't really mean that non-Cheer Squad people don't bleed for The Club. All I'm saying really is choose your victim carefully.

You know the sort of person I'm talking about. They are the loud-mouths and front-runners who love to brag and carry on like morons when their team wins. But when they're losing they piss off early. Either that or they turn nasty and try to remind us of how many premierships we've won in the last 43 years or some other irrelevancy.

If you want to bag opposition supporters when we're winning, get stuck into the ones that are leaving half-way through the last quarter. Those people are deserving cases. Bag the living bejesus out of them because they are as weak as piss.
But you won't find many cheer squad members who piss off early.

Or bag the ones that turn nasty and try to pick a fight with you because they just can't take it. In the Cheer Squad we cop shit from opposition supporters whether we win, lose or draw. But in my time in the Cheer Squad (admittedly only a few years) I have never yet been bagged by a member of an opposition cheer squad. Not once. Because cheer squad members respect other cheer squad members. It's an unwritten rule. A code of honour.

I think genuine supporters of a club respect genuine supporters of another club. It's the piss-weak, front-running, bandwagon-jumping little smart-arsed loudmouthed scumbags that deserve NO MERCY and NO RESPECT.

**floreat pica**

I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 6:48 pm

AlfAndrews, I know what your saying. I don't give sh!t that much and the ones I was giving sh!t to did deserve it for giving sh!t to us first. It was only a bit of fun and everyone knew it. Nothing that would turn into a fight or anything. Plus it was mostly girls who where dishing it out to us. Just a bit of fun. Just a bit of fun...! Plus i would keep my mouth shut if it was otherwise

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 11:34 am

If you have seen the Essendon cheersquad lately you would agree with me that they are woeful. The majority are 14-18 year old girls who make NO noise whatsoever. There is a group of about 5 that are the only ones to make any noise at all.

Insert Creative signature <HERE>
I@n S 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 11:45 am

yeah i've seen the stupid Essendon cheer sqaud a few times. Talking about fans leaving early. I saw Joe Gutnik leave early LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: