Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE PONSFORD WAS ROCKING

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 3:23 pm
Post subject: THE PONSFORD WAS ROCKINGReply with quote

NO shit but how good was the Ponsford today ?? It was bloody good thats what it was. It was great to see Joffa going back to the old school and visitn his fellow brothers and sisters on the ground level. Joffa even came to the pub after thegame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ponsford was rocking just like the mighty magpies were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was also good to see Magpie 24, Jess, Emma, Greg, Fletch, Scottie Davo, SS11, Mags, Rebecca(even though she is a bit quiet)and Rupert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........lol

peace

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
PieGirl_2 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 7:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am NOT QUIET!!!! Grrr...LOL

Nah it was great to meet you JLC

~*~ Go Chippa ~*~

[This message has been edited by PieGirl_2 (edited 12 June 2001).]

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 7:51 am

Hi Rebecca,

Its actually JLC not JCL........lol I used to put JC but then people got me mixed up with another JC.........

See i think painting number 20 on my face had a positive influence on Tarrant....lol Maybe you should paint number 2 on your face for Adkins!!!

Sorry i left from outside of the Ponsford after the game. Im not sure whether you came back or not, i headed to Cricketers...lol Im sure i will see you at the next game anyway.

I expect you to hook me up with some Hungry Jacks as well!!!!!!!!

APA

PieGirl_2 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:09 am

LOL...Sorry JLC..hehe, I fixed it

I will have to paint a #2 on my face when Chippa comes back I think, after the game I walked around to the rooms with Emma then left, but yes, im sure I will see ya next week

Well just come into work and ill 'hook you up' with some 'doof' (aka food)

Go The Mighty Pies!!

~*~ Go Chippa ~*~

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:22 am

LOL....was that doof or choof

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

magpie24 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:45 am

It sure was Tarkyn Rocking.
It was good to meet yous all. GO PIES

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 12:15 pm

A big well done to the cheer squad!!!

To Joffa, Alf and Co you have certainly done a wonderfull job getting everyone to be chanting on such a regular, loud and consistant basis. For a change its like everyone wants to do it and isnt forced to do it.
But it does come back to one thing - we won and won well so people are more vocal.
Sitting where I do at the G away games (the bay next to you closer to the MCC) we could hear you loud and clear. In my circle of friends, I have another former cheer squad president, 2 cheer squad life members, three chant leaders and 5 ex committee who have a combined, approximate, 80 years of cheer squad membership, and we have all expressed to each other how impresed we are with your vocal efforts this year, it takes us back to the glory year(s).
Personally I do have ONE criticism that I would like to make and please take this as constructive. Sometimes your chanting can be too focussed on slagging the opposition. Dont get me wrong all the scumbag non Collingwood supporters and players deserve it but I think you need to just reduce the amount of "We hate.." and "blue and red bullshit" type of chants. Replace them with some more pro Collingwood chants. The first thing that this would do is create a better effect for the "I hate" chants as they will have more impact when used sparingly and I know from past experiences that (as proven by Jarrod Molloy yesterday) the players DO hear your chants and would probably prefer to hear more pro Collingwood and not anti opposition chants.
If anyone who reads this has ever done any sales type training you will know that one of the golden rules of selling is to never criticize your competitors, but spend your time promoting the features and benefits of your own product and you will win more respect from the people that you are trying to sell to.
In this case, the Cheer Squad is selling themselves (and the club because you are so visible and made even more visible by Eddie) to prospective cheer squad and prospective club members. The same goes for the run thrus - I would like to see more pro Collingwood and less anti opposition sayings.

So I hope you take this post for what it is - CONSTRUCTIVE - and continue to improve, innovate and lead the league.

Anyway, in the words of the famous Kent Brockman "Thats my two cents"

Cheers and GO PIES!!!

Dillo

eMmA 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:52 pm

Bec, I was waitin for ya over at the pub but u never showed...GRR.

It was good meeting you and talkin to ya Magpie24.

"gO AnThOnY"...#23

"gO AnThOnY"...#23

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:00 pm

wheres my love emma...........lol lol lol

APA

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:54 pm

Excellent post, dillo. And it's great to get that sort of feedback. I actually agree with you that we tend to overdo the anti-opposition chants a bit.

I think there's a right and a wrong time to slag off the opposition. And when we're playing so well it's probably better to focus on the positive.

I think if you really want to get up the noses of the opposition supporters, the best way to do it is to just be deleriously happy and pro-Collingwood. Ultimately that's what's going to hurt them the most - seeing us jumping for joy and singing and chanting about how good Collingwood is, while they know that they're not going to be the ones celebrating. That's worth a lot more than a thousand "blue and red bullshit" chants.

Mind you, any losing opposition supporter who decides to bad-mouth us should be treated with the contempt they deserve. In that case, show no mercy!!!

Also I think the "so-and-so is a wanker" chant should only be used when the player in question has really done something to deserve it, like got reported or given away a 50 metre penalty or spat the dummy or got a soft free-kick or something. Sometimes we seem to do it just for the sake of doing it, when really I think we'd be better off doing something pro-Collingwood.

I love the "Are they good" chant when the opposition kicks a point. And I always notice that it gets a laugh early in the match. There's always a few people around who've never heard it before and you can hear them laughing the first time it gets used in a match. I was at the Hawthorn-Port game a week or two back and sat with the Port Cheer Squad (moonlighting ) and I noticed they make donkey noises when the opposition kicks a point. "HEE-HAW ... HEE-HAW ... HEE-HAW". It's pretty funny. But I like ours more.

Actually Dillo, I would love to meet a few of your ex-Cheer Squad friends. I'm sure they could give us some hints on how we might improve.

Is one of your friends a guy called Cameron? I was at a match against Essendon late in the 1998 season and it was a close game. At 3-Quarter time Tony Shaw brought the players up to the Ponsford End and Cameron, who I'd never seen or met before, suddenly appeared in the Cheer Squad and just sort of took over. The thing that really made an impression on me was the way he led the "Everywhere we go" chant. I'd never heard that chant before and it was one of the most emotional experiences I had ever had a football match up to that time. The Cheer Squad was as dead as a dodo in those days, but Cameron somehow managed to work us up into an absolute frenzy. And it wasn't just the Cheer Squad. He had the entire friggin' Ponsford Stand chanting. I was totally in awe of the guy. A lot of people tell me that I do that chant really well, but I wish I could do it HALF as well as Cameron.

**floreat pica**

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 9:55 pm

TO DILLO

Mate that was a good read and thank you for your comments its allways good to get coments from squads gone by.

Squads will change dillo im happy as a pig in shit that you have allready noticed a change in this squad i mean how boring and predictable would it be if the same aquad was doin the same stuff every year.

And in a few years time or maybe sooner this current squad will have a new president and new chant leaders and therefor the squad will change to suit the times.

As it is at the moment the sqaud is new, our club after many years of being rock bottom is starting to climb up the ladder
and in this process all we are doing is reminding them (the opposition scum) bastards that we are here and allways have been well sort of.

I remember the cheer squad in the mid eighties with envy as they had more numbers than what we do at present and everybody just wanted to be with the cheer squad and if they couldn't they would get there early as to be near the squad.

Can i ask dillo without any form of malice where were you and the people you sat with on monday when the collingwood football club did not have a cheer squad only 12 months ago.

And is the ex president that you are talking about could it be kath seeing as st kilda and north were not playing maybe she decided to follow the demons ?

Dillo i believe you are sincere but you got give us a bit of time mate im sure we will get it right.

And as far as chants like 'WE HATE YOU WE DO'or 'RED AND BLUE BULLSHIT we will discuss it at banner making on thursday night
and if it's the popular wish that we no longer sing that stuff well then we wont.

I would love to get some chants of you dillo from your time with the cheer squad that would be grouse.

I hope you dont mind at what i have said here dillo i just wanna know where you are comming from mate.

PS we have about 24 chants about 20 i suppose are in praise of collingwood the others are the ones that you have talked about.

Promise you will get back to me either by email joffa@magpies.net
or come up for a chat at the footy mate.
thanks again
joffa

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 13 June 2001).]

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 6:15 am

hey joffa, do you know if it's too late for me to arrange to go to the adelaide game? i wouldn't mind coming along for the ride.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 11:48 am

Better move quick, foxy

On Monday Kerri said there were 3 seats left.
Her number is 0438 988 657

Good luck.

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 11:48 am

Better move quick, foxy

On Monday Kerri said there were 3 seats left.
Her number is 0438 988 657

Good luck.

**floreat pica**

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:32 pm

Joffa,

Thanks for allowing me to be an "unnoficial" Cheer Squad member for the Round 11 Match. I had a ball and was totally exhausted after the match. The chanting is trully amazing. I was soooo proud of the Cheer Squad. It was a great experience. I will never, ever forget it. I was a bit nervous and aprehensive as I did not not know anybody,(except for you of course). Please give my thanks to Cheer Squad Prez, Kerry)
I hope to do it again !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: