Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

John Howard - our moral pygmy.......and others

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdy wrote:
Mags wrote:
This country's public more stuffed in the head if Costello gets voted in PM next election.

Alot of selfish people in it.

What on earth have you got against Peter Costello? Just because he's not your idea of a best mate, doesn't mean he wouldn't make a great PM.

Costello would make a great PM, and Labor's free publicity for Costello could have been why the Coalition got in with a greater majority.

Quote:
Funny, Latham is not everyones idea of a best mate either, but I have not seen any defense offered when he is accused of being unsuitable for PM.

Couldnt keep a Council afloat! I need say no more.

Mags wrote:
This country's public more stuffed in the head if Costello gets voted in PM next election.

Alot of selfish people in it.

Selfish? Why? please give us reasons?

Tell the people that lost their homes in the early 90's because of Hawke/Keating that they are selfish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
snow24 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:07 am

creedymagpie you can thank the Hawke/Keating governments for why our economy is so structually sound today. As I have said before it is the Labor party who makes the political heroes and it is the labor party who gets the hard tasks. Howard and Fraser were too piss weak to deregulate the economy and left it in a total shambles. Hawke and Keating had the balls to deregulate it with the Australian public kicking and screaming. Yes there was a recession in the midst of all that but it was the slowdown required to get on top of inflation. All Jonny and Costello have done in their 8.5 years is bash unions, create a property bubble, and watch Australians embark on a household debt binge.

The Economy started to grow and interest rates fell under Keating. The economy has been growing for 13 years not 8.5.

Then again, nothing beats the economic ignorance of the electorate.
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:41 pm

Sure snow, Keating's supposed successes are not Howard's... but neither are they Latham's.

The man knows 0 about the economy, sound policy - hell, even his own policy. He's such a toadying populist he pretended to be a Collingwood supporter, no doubt because we have such a huge supporter base - even though he knows stuff all about footy. Disgusting.

Ah, it's nice to see Howard re-elected - Bush's re-election next month will just make life perfect.

Go Johnny! And in 3 years, go Timmy!!

PS. Whoever started this thread is no doubt attempting to be divisive - after all, if he'd seen the poll in the Hun a few months ago, Collingwood supporters are among the most likely to vote for the Coalition (along with North and the Hawks, I think).
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 pm

snow24 wrote:
it is the Labor party who makes the political heroes

Who? and if you say Gough or that cry baby Hawke or that Bastard who dumps his wife of 4 kids at a Dinner Party i will throw up!

Quote:
All Jonny and Costello have done in their 8.5 years is bash unions, create a property bubble, and watch Australians embark on a household debt binge

Yes i suppose Howard didnt make any tough decisions. I suppose it was Keating who risked election defeat in '98' by bringing in the GST. A very unpopular tax reform in the begining which doesnt make any difference to the federal Government as it all goes to state governments which are all LABOR!

Quote:
Then again, nothing beats the economic ignorance of the electorate

Hey you said that i didnt!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
snow24 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm

creedymagpie,

1) The GST has been implemented but the further reform that needed to go with it hasn't. As for risking electoral defeat, if Howard was to have his 45 seat majority overturned as a result of the restructuring of an ailing tax system it would have really been quite extraordinary. (Having said that I really should have put the GST in there I don't know why I didn't)

2)Bob Hawke = Australia's most popular politician

Keating = Author (technically) of Australia's most memorable victory speech and countless other great speeches. He is without doubt Australia's best question time assassin and our most gutsiest treasurer.

You can focus on smearing them about private relationships etc but the bottom line is.

Liberal leaders = BORING

Labor leaders = heroes

*You never know Costello and Turnbull might actually buck the trend and be interesting leaders but only time will tell.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:36 pm

In the eye of the beholder snow24, in the eye of the beholder.
snow24 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:49 pm

There are always complete mug ministers no matter who is in government.

eg Warren Truss, Donna Vale, Amanda Vanstone, Robert Hill, Phillip Ruddock, Alexander Downer, Ian Macfarlane etc etc etc

And since the Coalition are all so dignified and scandal free why did Jonnny bother to drop the ministerial code of conduct?

Let's just agree to disagree
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:28 pm

You're comparing Amanda Vanstone, Phillip Ruddock and Alexander Downer to Roz Kelly? Your logic astounds me.

This is pointless.
snow24 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:38 pm

I'm saying mugs are mugs and there's plenty on both sides of politics
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:41 pm

OK... but the part of the comparison that doesn't match up is, Vanstone, Ruddock, Downer et al happen to be competent.
snow24 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:00 pm

Streak wrote:
Vanstone, Ruddock, Downer et al happen to be competent.

I think you'll find alot of Australians will disagree with you there
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:01 pm

Must admit, I'm not really a fan of Vanstone.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:55 pm

What about Professor Alf Andrews can he cut the mustard Joel?

www.facebook/the hybernators
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:59 pm

Professor Alf Andrews can he cut the mustard Joel ? I haven't heard enough about Professor Alf Andrews can he cut the mustard Joel to have an opinion.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Quote:
1) The GST has been implemented but the further reform that needed to go with it hasn't. As for risking electoral defeat, if Howard was to have his 45 seat majority overturned as a result of the restructuring of an ailing tax system it would have really been quite extraordinary. (Having said that I really should have put the GST in there I don't know why I didn't)

Still happened which means your comment about Howard not making any hard unpopular decisions for the good of the country was wrong.

Quote:
2)Bob Hawke = Australia's most popular politician

Only the 3rd longest serving PM now, which would say to me he is was the 3rd most popular PM after Menzies and the great man Howard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: