Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"Am I going to be sacked on national television?"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 5:08 pm
Post subject: "Am I going to be sacked on national television?"Reply with quote

It would have been great television if you'd said yes Eddie.

What excuse can Newman possibly have to publicly assault and humiliate a legend of the game?

His excuse? That Schwartz left his 150th after 5 minutes and that Melbourne were pathetic.

The real reason - centre stage.

Newman's ego, always an embarrassment and a handicap, is out of control and has become a time bomb that will ultimately destroy him. Don't let him take the Footy Show down with him.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 5:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

hey I agree Mike. I have previously made my thoughts known about sam in the official c'wood forum, for which I was roundly critised for having no sense of humour and being a wowser. the guy is a dickhead. I wouldn't have minded seeing Ox beat the bejesus out of Sam, but really I would have much prefered to hear more from Taz. that's the thing with sam, he comes up with these cheap shots that detracts from the discussions on footy. sure the footy show is also about entertainment, but isn't there a line to be drawn. glad to see that sam kept up the high standards in the street talk section. why not denigrate a fat guy, it's easy gets lots of cheap laughs, just like talking to drunks, druggies and gay people. anyway that's my opinion.

"The Chad is great"
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 5:50 pm

ususally i respect Sam Newman as i find his football opinions to be very accurate and i like the way he says it how it should be but tonights show was an embarrassment to the panel to the viewers and poor Chris Tarrant stuck in the middle of it. It's quite obvious the two had a personality clash but I don't think Schwarta deserved that.

NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 6:24 pm

I have watcvhed the footy show religiously for years now. I have been able to put up with Sam till now. The old has been is no better than Dermie and should be ashamed of himself. What he has done to Schwarz is an absolute disgrace. The only reason i'll be watching is to see an apology.

Bones 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 6:37 pm

Ok we all hate Melbourne and were probably glad that Schwartz left the field early on monday BUT what Sam Newman did tonight was an under bluddy disgrace and and and...
God this is the first post i have put here in 2 years but even i am fuming...
What an embarrasement to the Geelong FC this so called human being must be tonight...

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 7:00 pm

i dont mean to be a pain or anything but i didnt actually see the footy show... can anyone tell me what happened exactly?

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 7:05 pm

rowdy, I'm pretty sure that they will have a clip of it on the footy show website soon. sam went right up to schwarz with the pretence of providing him with a present, but produced a pie instead and chucked it right in his face. ox was really pissed off and shoved sam in the chest, making him fall to the ground, and was nanoseconds from going on with it and decking sam but restrained himself. the other panelists - benny gale and spider everitt - also thought it was a very low blow.

"The Chad is great"

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 15 June 2001).]
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 7:48 pm

i got the feeling it was all set up. i figure they're just trying to make another jason dunstall out of schwartz...remember that old newman/dunstall rivalry?
but, speaking of set-up gags, maybe i should stop watching The Game.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 7:55 pm

i dont think it was set up or if it was not to be like that there was just too much shock and embarrassment for it to be set up

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 9:26 pm

Foxy,

You're wrong there, mate. That was no set up. I'm an actor and I know acting when I see it.

Schwartz's reaction was too realistic to have been done by a guy trying to act when he's had no acting training or experience. Remember, Schwartz is a footballer ... NOT an actor.

For a more detailed report of my thoughts on this subject, see the thread "To the President".

**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 4:10 am

I fell asleep before all that happened (really tired). Pity. Sounds like Sam acted like a real tool. I reckon Eddie should of decked him after he said "Now I know how you feel" (after sitting down in the chair at the start of the show). But they could be excused for light hearted humour. Public Apology should be forthcoming.

Insert Creative signature <HERE>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: