Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sore Losers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:07 pm
Post subject: Sore LosersReply with quote

It is incredible the way many labor supporters have reacted after the election. Instead of graciously accepting the result, they have screamed louder than ever, and become even more spiteful than usual. It seems the fashionable view among the left at the moment that somehow Howard must have tricked us into voting for the Liberals. Or maybe Australians are so stupid that they didn't know Howard's TRUE nature and what a LYING RODENT he is. Of course there are the odd cocky Liberal supporters (such as our own MG - and by the way he is only doing what many labor supporters would do if they'd won) but I am yet to find this "arrogance in victory" in the majority of Liberal voters that people like Jill Singer complain about. Can you imagine Liberals whining if Latham had won? I heard a guy on the John Laws show a week ago who said something like "I was hoping Labor would win, but in the end the Australian people have made their decision and we have to live with it." Why are so few others saying the same thing?[/i]
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you're one of the 93% of Australians who failed to vote Green, gives you nothing to brag about.

Quite the opposite actually.

I'm proud to be one of the 7% of Australians with brains.

As for you Liberal Labor Party supporters ... your victory is a hollow one, because your whole way of life is going to fall apart soon ...

... and then we'll see who the "sore losers" are.

MERRY INTEREST RATES and a HAPPY NEW MORTGAGE Twisted Evil
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:36 am

Interesting gossip: of the belief that if he had a new insight he would have stood up and been counted but instead there was silence said I wasted my vote by voting green.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:51 am

Tess wrote:
You wasted your vote by voting green.

Alf did you read through their policies and think how would they affect the Australian way of life?

Yes I did.

And that's why I voted for them.

If the "Australian way of life" involves a punitive attitude to drug users and the unemployed, you can stick it.

If the "Australian way of life" involves driving cars everywhere, you can stick it.

If the "Australian way of life" involves obedience and subservience to America, you can stick it.

If the "Australian way of life" involves putting the economy above everything else, you can stick it.

How can you say I "wasted" my vote?

That's ridiculous.

You voted Labor, didn't you?

Labor didn't win.

Does that mean you "wasted" your vote?
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:20 am

MG, the only thing you seem to forget is that very much like the US, the majority of the population are.............DUMB! I'm not saying Howard getting back was the wrong decision, just that the majority of people have no idea when it comes to politics. They vote on who the personality more than the policy. I know people who voted for Latham because he said "asslicker" in parliament."

Most people have no idea of the policies that each party brings out. C'mon, lets be serious.

This election was about bending over next to a 44 gallon drum of vasoline and asking "who will hurt me the least?" Johnny won. I hope my broadband will stay on a fixed price...i hope my local calls will remain untimed. I hope the world economy remains reasonably good because we follow the spiral if it turns to shite.

Labour or Coalition - they were the only hopes of running the country. As I said before...who's more gentle and generous with the vasoline? Time will tell.

As for arrogance...ask yourself a question or two. If you deceived the people of your country (yes I'm talking about the WMD's in Iraq), and then when you realised you were wrong you lied to try to cover it all up....if after all of that the people STILL voted you back in wouldn't you be a little arrogant? Knowing how stupid the people of australia now are, wouldn't you feel smug knowing that you could do anything and the dumb voters will still vote you back in?

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:57 am

good post Blanch really illustrates the true apathy of Australians and politics!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:12 pm

MG, first of all it's easy to lose context over the web so just want to make sure everyone knows I wasn't having a crack. I was just addressing some points after reading the whole topic and I was directing them towards you as you seem to be quite vocal on these issues. It was more for discussion than anything...not sure if you took as me having a crack or not, but if you did I want to dispel that now - I wasn't mate.

The funny thing about this is that throughout your reply it seems you think I voted against the coalition. I didn't. I was one the "people who wanted to vote differently but thought they could trust Latham less."

To clarify, I think Howard winning was the lesser of two evils. Latham was a complete stuff up in my opinion but that doesn't mean I think Johnny has been a great PM. I'm trying to imagine how I'd feel, knowing that as leader of the country I could still be voted back in (with ease) after my govt had been shown to either:
a) be inept with our intelligence on Iraq
or
b) lie outright.

I'd be cocky too if I was him. Put some logic in it. How much more deceiving could he have been about the WMD's. If he wasn't deceiving then they were inept with intelligence. Given the ineptitude/deceit and the margin in which he won by, wouldn't that be grounds for feeling bulletproof?

I am not fully coherent on all policies that each party brings out but I'm able to make an informed decision based on the policy I do know. In my limited speaking with other aussies, they know little to nothing about either sides policies and therefore make their decision based on which one seems a better bloke. IMO that makes them "dumb" voters. It's like saying Britney Spears is a better singer than Christina Aguilera because she has a nicer set of t*ts Smile. Doesn't say much about my knowledge of singing though does it?

As I said above, I voted Liberal but no matter what I voted I would still be standing here, bent over waiting for the shafting I am about to receive.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:02 pm

Here we go again.

Interest Rates will stay like they are now because the Liberal government got back in, therefore people are more relaxed with spending, knowing that rates wont rise.

The whole financial industry in Australia is relaxed at the moment.

Alf, here we go again, but lets keep it real, not personal.

Driving is a part of living in Australia. Our rail network is shithouse, as is coaching it between Major Cities. We could fly, but thats just as bad as driving, if not worse when it comes to the environment. You see, if a car breaks down, it doesnt have to dump fuel at sea before it can stop...

As for drug users and unemployed? Im all behind the Liberal Government with their attitude towards them. I work for a living and I work bloody hard for the little money I earn. I want it being spent on Hospitals, Railways and Schools, not given to scum Drug Users and Long term unemployed Bludgers. I am fully behind looking after those who need it, but when it comes to those who are Long term Unemployed and just sit in their housing commission homes, watching foxtel all day and then going to the club at night to play pokies and bingo, they can get stuffed.

Australia is NOT a communist country. We are not ALL equal. In Australia, your life is what YOU make it, not what someone else makes it. There is nothing to stop every person in Australia furthering themselves in one way or another. Some have to work harder then others at it, but there is nothing blocking their progress.

Stop penalising those who WORK to give to those who Choose to sit at home and f**k around all day whilst getting paid to do so. Like I have said before, 6 months on the dole is plenty enough. After that, you should start to lose payments, concessions etc until you find a job. No one can tell me they cant find a job in 6 months. For crying out loud, if they were fair dinkum they would goto the Salvos, or say a tip or something and get a job.

Things arent handed out on a silver platter. Nor should they be. If you want to succeed, you need to work for it. Look at Alf, I dont agree with his opinions, but his worked hard to become a lecturer at university. He didnt just wake up one day and say I am going to call at Vice Chancellor today and tell them I want to start tomorrow as a lecturer! It takes work!

Look at me, Im now a travel agent. I went through school with my mind on it, I went to Uni with my mind on it, I went to tafe with my mind on it. I worked my arse off, got bloody good marks, and now Im a qualified travel agent, living a sort of good life.

Things against me were coming from Campbelltown, which is on par with the poorer suburbs of Melbourne if not worse, I also had to live away from home at University so i had no money what so ever (and I had no assistance from the government), I had to travel to Sydney city every day for tafe and to top it off, I also had a near fatal accident in a car I used to own (caused by another person), worked 2 jobs AND had to deal with my family life.

Honestly, people whinge and moan about not getting things. Pull out your bloody finger, work your arse off and things happen.

Thats how it should be done.

Thats another of my rants for the day. Thanks for reading!

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:11 am

Where did you get the idea that I'm a uni lecturer?

I have a Ph.D. in history, but I can assure you, Mick, that lecturing jobs in history are as rare as hen's teeth.

I can tell from your optimism about the future of the Australian economy that you've swallowed the Liberal Party election propaganda hook, line and sinker.

Ah, well ... ignorance is bliss, I suppose.
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:34 pm

I havent swallowed any propaganda Alf! At the end of the day each party is as bad as each other!

I have to be optimistic Alf, because im 22. If im not optimistic about the state of our nation then Im going to lead a pretty bad life.

As far as I am concerned, Australia is in its best shape for the past 10 years. The time will come to change the leadership of course, but for the moment, there is nothing wrong with it. Eventually, the liberal government will get stale and need to be changed. This hasnt happened yet, so for now, lets get on with running Australia!

The big problem with the labor party is its factons and also the fact they are very easily swayed by monority groups. If they got away from all that and BACK TO THE WAY LABOR SHOULD BE, I.E. for the workers, then they would be much stronger.

This is of course just the opinion of a 22 year old. Take it or leave it, but dont deny me saying it.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:38 pm

doesnt matter whos in, theyre all liars anyway. nothing changes for me whoever is in.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:10 pm

I wouldn't go as far to say that interest rates will stay the same, because it is hard to control interest rates from macroeconomic pressure. However, I would go as far to say that I think that the Liberals have shown that they have a better track record for handling the economy, and therefore will probably do a better job that Latham and Co. would have.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:33 pm

Read an interesting article last week stating interest rates would rise 2% over the next 18 months.
The reserve bank believe they are low by world standards (which they are) and will start an aggressive campaign to increase them after Xmas 2004.
I do not have a link unfortunately.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:40 pm

HAHAHAHAHA

Bring it on

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:30 pm

Unfortunately one thing some of you labor voters don't realise is that John Howard did not win this election solely on the so-called "scare campaign" on interest rates. He won mainly because he was the more popular leader who Australians felt was better running this country..... democracy is very much alive and well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: