Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The futures so bright we all gotta wear shades!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2001 4:48 pm
Post subject: The futures so bright we all gotta wear shades!Reply with quote

G'day all,

For those who didnt go to tonights members meeting you missed a great session.

Eddie and his team need big congratulations on all their amazing work and if you all think that we have made big strides in the last 18 months on and off the feild I only have this to say....

HANG ON TIGHT, CAUSE YOU AINT SEEN NOTHIN YET!!  

The move to Olympic Park will be sensational and could you just imagine us being able to boast the Glasshouse as our Social club??

It will be just awesome.

We all know how well we are progressing on the field but to hear Balme and Malthouse tell us their theories etc and how they think about players and the team really shed some more light on it and to think that we are in the very early stages of the whole team developing is so exciting!!

For those that havent got memberships make sure you get on next year cause in a few years i reckon we will have waiting lists and you wont make it to the finals!!

Having been a Collkingwood supporter virtually all my life this is the most exciting time in my life time and all I can say is that I am looking forward to the future.

Remember the journey is the reward!

Well done Ed and team.

Dillo

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Dillo I was there tonite and have to agree with you and all I can say is SENSATIONAL...

I can't wait for it to happen, of course I'll be sad to leave Vic Park but boy am I looking forward to the Glasshouse....

Nothing but the best for Collingwood......

Eddie and his Board ought to be commended on the wonderful job and insight.......

BE LOUD......BE PROUD

Seth 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 3:38 am

I went there not expecting much but I thought it was fantastic. It was very informative and fantastic to see Ediie, Greg Swann, Balmey, Kevin Rose, and MM all get up to talk for soem time about their various departments.

For anyone interested and concerned about the proposed move to Olympic Park. There will people for and against but I am definately for after they showed a few slides etc on what it will cost and what facilites will be there. They showed one slide of the olympic park building with the emblem on the outside and it it was striped black and white. Wow it would look great. And as one supporter said, it is time to move on and he would hate to see a Tiger or demon on the front in place. If we don't take this oppurtunity we'll miss it.

They also showed some great highlight videos that got everyone stirred up. One was to Creed's "Arms open wide".

As Eddie said he wants everyone to be involved in some way. I personally feel that I am now getting the most of my membership and attending these information nights and other events.

And something else. Greg Swann was talking about the internet etc and gave a special to one other collingwood internet outside of collingwoodfc.com.au and that was none other than 'Nick's page" So well done boys.   

Collingwood is Coming!!
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 5:22 am

I was at the meeting last night. I think it's fantastic that the President, Board, Coach etc. take the time to tell us exactly where the Club is at. We are always made to feel a part of it all.
As for the move to Olympic Park it looks fantastic. The best Club in the country should have the best facilities. We don't want to miss out on such a great opportunity and see another Club take it instead.
The saddest day - our last game played at Vic Park is now history. I feel for Kevin Rose and people with close ties to Vic Park, but even he agreed we want "only the best for Collingwood"

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 10:10 am

This sounds great! The future seems bright and we must not let this opportunity slip. Well done Mike and Nick for having their site announced at the meeting.

JDF
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 1:00 pm

I couldn't make it to the meeting last night but they've just uploaded the pics of the olympic park proposal and wow! it looks absolutely awesome!!! as much as I love vic park and all its history and tradition, I think this move, if it goes ahead, will be in the best interests of the pies. Did they talk about a hall of fame last night? I think that is also a great idea; a collingwood museum to showcase the club's proud history.

2 thumbs up!

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Shaun 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 1:21 pm

I went along to the members night and, jeez, Olympic Park is gonna be good. It would be a tragedy to see the biggest Sporting precinct in the world covered in Brown and Yellow. We must not do this for ourselves, but for the Country!
Also, for all the traditionalists, think of it like this. There are few people that can boast a history with Vic Park as much as the Rose Family. Last night, Kevin Rose put his support behind the move. Now that's saying something!

PS: In accordance with the request of the President, i introduced myself to Eddie as a new poster on the site.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
-General George S. Patton-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: