Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victorias random drug testing .

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

People who take drugs and drive ARE a danger.

The fact that YOU have not have an accident yet, does not mean that it is not dangerous. Anyhow, I would think that they'd iron out all the details before implementing it - and it has already been trialled.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:25 am

Well I'd suggest driving when your stoned would be a slightly bad idea.... but then it must be hard to start a car when you're stoned???? Considering that cannabis is illegal in the first place, then surely there would be tougher penalties then there are for drink driving you'd think.
stonedpies 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:55 am

This is bad...real bad...
The thing is with cannabis is thast it stays in your system.....so therefore u cld be sucking on big doobie on sat nite, get pulled up on wednesday n still register the effects 4 days later even though ur straight as a die...there is real grey area here as far as im concerned , one that authorities havent seemed to have considered properly...
I mean sure cannabis is illegal but surely u must be actually "stoned" at the time of testing...
It hasnt started here in Tassie yet but no doubt it will shortly...i can envision hald of tassie not being wiith licences soon Razz

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:27 pm

Judging by your username I can see you have a great interest in this subject... Wink
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:28 pm

I'm happy you're amused.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:55 pm

You point to the .05 as being the trigger point for being drunk. This is a myth, you are not drunk at .05.
What you are though it starting to lose your reflexes and ability to make correct judgments.
The same applies for all drugs.
Therefore an arbitrary point has been decided upon that indicates you may be losing your ability to be safe on the roads.

We live in a society that makes rules. I suggest that you either abide by them or stop using drugs.

Easy really.

stonedpies 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:41 pm

The difference with alcohol is that after 24 hours from your last drink u will register nothing...cannabis up to 3 weeks after your last smoke u may possibly register a reading......hell of a difference if u ask me>>
As i said b4 i realise cannabis is illegal but it much more tolerated these days, i have a regular job , regular life n sure i enjoy a few cones after work which is also something i do regulary...having a smoke after work does not affectt my ability to work the next day or drive but according to these fwits i cld get pulled up a week after my last smoke n still get busted...yeh right!! its not right!!!
and yes Eunos rules r there to be abided by but lets face facts a lot of ppl smoke pot both regulary or socially, its not the big deal it was years ago, my point is it shld be judged on how effects you at the time of the reading, u shldnt get busted for something that u did a wwek ago, *£$%*&£$£ they may as well bust u for possession as the "cannabis" is still technically inside your system therefore ur possessing cannabis....

I prob havent exolained this too well but oh well im no scholar, its my point of view thats all and i really think they havent thought this one through, but they dont care bcos lets face it , its just another way for them to raise revenue!!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:03 pm

If it's still in your system a week later and you get busted it sounds a bit ridiculous I reckon. If you're not affected by it (which you wouldn't be after a week) then its not relative and you shouldn't be caught for it.

I agree with joel though, if you are affected then you are a danger. 3 demerit points is soft if you get caught driving off your rocker.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:07 pm

Just three?
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:27 pm

A judge will tell you 'to have a drivers licence is a privilege' so therefore 'dont abuse it'!.... its simple really,when you think about it.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:44 am

Plural of anecdote = data.
eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:05 am

Assassin wrote:

My ex-wife , Mole-face , psychotic schyzto ( fair dinkum !) , on more Laughing drugs than a Nimbin slumber party Laughing , can not put four words together. She can Legally drive a motor vehicle ( when she gets it out of the panel beaters).
Laughing
eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:30 am

Assassin wrote:
The point is , why pick on the choofers ?

What about the coke snortin , pill poppin , harry injecting , LSD halooocinating , drugged up ( prescription ) mental cases that are out there ?? Confused Confused

An easy target I say. If they had of come up with some anal DNA scrape that could prove you hadn't shat for two days we'd probably have random constipation tests !

I'm dangerous with a darky bustin' out of me whilst driving.

Does anybody have any idea how this One test works out

a) who's stoned
b) who's on speed
c) how wasted one actually is ???

Surely a Law of some sort would have had to have been passed through parliament ?

12 months ago choof was De-criminalised in WA and , at a guess , about 4yrs the same was done in SA ??? Confused

apparently they will be testing THC levels that are present not long after smoking choof...if its 3days after your last toke'...it wouldnt be a problem..but i dont like the idea of supplying them with my DNA (roadside)! data data data= Twisted Evil goverment Twisted Evil

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:06 am

Hey look on the bright side if your stoned and you've got the drys they won't be able to get any saliva from you.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Eunos 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:34 pm

Assassin wrote:

12 months ago choof was De-criminalised in WA and , at a guess , about 4yrs the same was done in SA ??? Confused

Hmmm....I do remember something about being able to grow a limited amount of plants for personal use, I think SA was 3. (don't quote me though)
But "De-crimilised"? NO. You cannot use it in public and it cannot be sold over the counter.

If it ever is to be de-crimilised, I think you will find the driver testing will be the first step in that process. The goverments of OZ will look more kindly upon a product that they can control its sale and its misuse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: