Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

For all you mug punters, like me :-)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:23 pm
Post subject: For all you mug punters, like me :-)Reply with quote

A long term mate of mine has recently set up this website.

http://au.geocities.com/arbitrageafl/

He will derive no direct monetary benefit from the site itself, only the winnings from his bets.

I'll be joining up myself.

Happy punting Smile
skidmarks 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Turtle, I will be bookmarking this site & keeping an eye out. Hopefully he comes up with the goods & I can retire to a life of professional punting Very Happy
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:40 pm

I had a look at the site and generally agreed with what the guy is on about. Succesful punting, whether it be on football, horse-racing or two flies crawling up a wall, is all about getting value in the market. If you always get over-the-odds when you bet, you MUST make a profit in the long run.

But another thing that all the succesful punters know is that when you've got good information, don't make it widely known. Even restricting it to 100 people is still going to cut into your own profitability. Why this guy is making his tips available to strangers is beyond me.

Maybe he thinks that if can show the success of his methods to 100 people for one season, he'll be able to charge money for his tips in future seasons.

I still think he'd be better off just keeping his secrets to himself and making his money by punting on his own advice.

Punting can be a fascinating business, if you treat it as a business. But if you're thinking of punting as an alternative to working, forget it. All the succesful punters I've ever known have worked much harder at their punting than most people work in their normal jobs. And they don't usually pass on the benefits of their hard work to just anybody.

I'm highly sceptical about this guy's offer. He's either a complete fool or he's got some other lurk going. Maybe it's just to get your email address and put you on a spam list. How boring.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:47 pm

Laughing

or maybe he's just a good old fashioned "urger" ... employed by the betting agencies to drum up business Wink
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:34 am

Dr Alf, with respect, I have known the man for a long period of time and he's a genuine bloke.

He is a cricket club president and works for the VAFA too and likes being involved in all sorts of sporting ventures.

He only sent the website originally to a nominal few via E-mail, but it was me that suggested I post it on Nicks & LSD for others to participate.

I wouldn't post the site myself here on Nicks or on LSD if it was dodgy at all.

Cheers
TCT (David)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: