Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Woman says Pakastani player raped her

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:13 am
Post subject: Woman says Pakastani player raped herReply with quote

Woman says Pakistani player raped her
Geoff Wilkinson
21jan05

A PAKISTANI cricketer has been accused of raping a woman in Melbourne during the team's current tour. The woman has told sexual assault counsellors she was assaulted in a city hotel.

She reported the alleged attack to a suburban Centre Against Sexual Assault, but has so far refused to make a complaint to police.
Senior police admitted yesterday they were aware of the allegation, but said they were powerless to investigate unless a formal complaint was made.

The rape was alleged to have happened while the Pakistani team was in Melbourne for the Boxing Day Test.

The woman is believed to have said it happened in the player's hotel room.

A CASA spokeswoman said yesterday the young woman reported the assault straight away, but was still not prepared to make a complaint to police.

"There are very good reasons for that, but they are confidential and I am not prepared to discuss them," the spokeswoman said.

She said the woman involved was still extremely distressed.

A spokesman for the Pakistani touring party said yesterday the Herald Sun's call was the first he had heard of the allegation.

Team manager Haroon Rashid said he would discuss the complaint with the player.

"Why would she be in his room?" Mr Rashid said. "If there is no consent, why would she be in somebody's room?"

Police would not comment on the circumstances of the incident or the player's identity.

Cricket Australia officials are believed to have been told of the alleged rape.

The Pakistan team has not been in Melbourne since the second Test.

They will return to Melbourne for the first final in the one-day VB Series on February 4 if they make the finals play-off.

The Pakistanis head to India after their Australian commitments.

In other off-field cricket dramas, police and MCC officials are discussing ways of preventing a repetition of wild behaviour by some spectators at last Friday's day-night match at the MCG.

More than 200 were evicted from the ground by police during the match – 16 had been removed before play started.

Yesterday the senior police officer at the game said the behaviour of patrons in the area of the Southern Stand previously known as Bay 13 was the worst for years.

Supt Mick Williams said misbehaviour included spectators passing the hat for money to pay young women to engage in lewd conduct and young men to skol pots of beer until they were ill.

Both spectators and police who worked at last Friday's MCG match between Australia and the West Indies have told the Herald Sun that a section of the crowd behaved like animals.

Many were standing with their backs to the arena and dozens of plastic bottles at a time were thrown into the air.

Supt Williams said the crowd problems reached the stage where police stopped taking troublemakers outside because they could not afford to reduce their numbers monitoring the crowd.

Herald Sun reader Jan Griffiths said spectators threw several cans and stubbies and many full bottles of water and cola into the air.

She said she and her partner decided it was safer to leave after she was hit by three bottles and covered in cola.

Supt Williams said some of the troublemakers had been drinking outside the ground before the game, and too many had smuggled alcohol inside.

He said tougher bag searches and strategies to stop people evicted from getting back into the ground would be among measures implemented for the next one-day match on February 4.

Two of the 15 people charged with offences last Friday night will be the first to face trespass charges under the Major Events Crowd Management Act.

The two men, who ran on to the ground and stopped the match, face a maximum fine of $6000 when they face court.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,12001096%255E661,00.html

Daks Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

*Cough* *Bullshit* *Cough*

Just another dole bludging whore trying to get some money for nothing.

There are much better ways to make a quick buck - yet these women take the hard way. Rolling Eyes

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:55 pm

Some of them do, I think.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:11 pm

I know I may got flack for this, but what other reason would she have had to have been in his hotel room then to have sex?

Not to say she didn't say no during it and he kept going, but what other reason would she have? It would be terrible if she was raped, but it seems a ltitle, fishy.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Eunos 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:50 pm

Until police lay a charge I'll take this for what it is.
An unsubstantiated allegation.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:33 am

...but, she hasn't gone to the Police, yet. So it seems that may not occur Eunos.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:45 pm

Exactly Joel.
Unless she goes to the police and offers proof, then we cannot believe it happened.
If we were to believe everything we hear, without proof, then can I be first to say I played 100 games for CFC?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:12 pm

I doubt we will ever know what really happened.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Kelpelican 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:24 am

Mortis wrote:
I know I may got flack for this, but what other reason would she have had to have been in his hotel room then to have sex?

Not to say she didn't say no during it and he kept going, but what other reason would she have? It would be terrible if she was raped, but it seems a ltitle, fishy.

What a stupid comment.
Maybe she went to his hotel room to have sex and changed her mind?
He may not have a condom, she may have sobered up and changed her mind or felt ill

Its still rape if she changes her mind and he doesn't
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:51 am

What a ridiculous way to go about it. I'll tell you what appears fishy here. Many people who are raped stay in silence. Whether it be because of shame or the fact they just can't face it, they stay in silence. Others have the courage to report it to police and let the courts go through the process. However, this is neither. What is the motive of the lady. She can't claim she doesn't want to pursue this because of the shame or difficulty facing what happened - it's already out in the open!!!

Most rape cases fall into the "I'm going to stand up to my attacker" or "I'd prefer to stay in silence." this is neither therefore something smells a little with the accusation.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:40 pm

I think the person who should be prosecuted is the person she reported the incident to at the Suburban Sexual Assult Centre......nice to know a woman who feels that way can go there in anonymity and displaying a trust that the integrity of the councillors there can keep her case to themselves....I think it is disgusting that this allegation surfaced in the first place.....I feel for the woman who felt she was abused, but I can't help but feel that the worse abuse has come from those who have betrayed her trust.

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: