Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Pope and the RC church

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdy what you have to ask yourself is who is right, God or the popes. God says although Mary was the most blessed woman to ever live she still was a sinner and needed a redeemer but the popes say she is sinless and still a virgin. Mary had more kids after Jesus so how can she still be a virgin. The catholic church has a whole teaching on the worship of Mary and it is called Mariolotry. This is only one point Birdy and there are many, many more

The pope allows himself to be called holy father but the bible forbids this practice. You say they ask mary to pray for them. If mary is dead........ and she is, this fits the bibllical teaching on necromancy or talking to the dead which is also strictly forbiden. And last but not least how can someone who is dead pray for us?
Take a look at website below Birdy and tell me what the pope is doing
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/praymary.htm

Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:11 pm

Like I said, I don't believe these are biblically sound teachings either, but they are the traditions of the Catholic church and so long as they aren't sinful then I'll leave them be. What is the Pope doing? Probably asking Mary to pray for us all. Theres enough division in the church as it is, just look at the Anglican church and their promotion of gay bishops.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:04 pm

Idolatry and necromancy are sinfull. Talking to the dead is strictly forbiden. Birdy the scripture clearly states that our God is a jealous God and wont share his glory or worship with another, yet the pope says it is okay to pray to Mary. The scripture says in Luke11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. This is a clear direction to pray to the Father not mary or any long dead saint.
As to what is the pope doing. Only God knows but based on the scripture and his willingness to disregard scripture and place traditions before Gods laws there is every chance he is in hell at this very moment.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:10 pm

I split these posts from the other Pope thread.

There are plenty of Magpie fans who are Roman Catholic and will simply want to pay their respects to their late leader without having to defend their faith or read opposing views.

Personally, I love a good religious debate so do it in here. Enjoy. Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:26 am

lol unusual to see two christians going at each other here.... usually the religious battles take place between the believers and non-believers.....

I agree Donny, religious debate is good, but it can get out of hand.... I've seen a few threads turn pretty nasty and as you've been here much longer than me I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:34 am

No ones going at anyone david just some healthy debate.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:40 am

Thanks Donny for splitting them.

I'm a RC, but i'm not a fanatical one, and don't go to church every sunday (in fact, i find a lot of those are hypocrites, not all, just a lot). I have my own beliefs taken from my RC upbringing, but i have an incredible respect/admiration for Buddism as well and also spiritualism, so i actually class myself as a Catholic Buddhist Spiritualist.

But i have my beliefs and i don't shove those down people's throats, and i don't like other people shoving their beliefs down my throat, so i prefer not to take part in religious debates, the same as i don't take part in political debates.

So, I'll stay out of this thread now, but wanted to thanks Donny for splitting them.

crackers57 

Let sleeping dogs lie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:25 pm

nuxta wrote:
Idolatry and necromancy are sinfull. Talking to the dead is strictly forbiden. Birdy the scripture clearly states that our God is a jealous God and wont share his glory or worship with another, yet the pope says it is okay to pray to Mary. The scripture says in Luke11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. This is a clear direction to pray to the Father not mary or any long dead saint.
As to what is the pope doing. Only God knows but based on the scripture and his willingness to disregard scripture and place traditions before Gods laws there is every chance he is in hell at this very moment.

It makes me laugh when people quote from the bible like it is some unquestionable truth - I may as well quote sections from Harry Potter and expect people just to accept it.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:03 pm

Unquestionable Truth is exactly what it is. Laugh all you like but one day it will be your judge
Eunos 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:27 pm

Hahahahahahhaha

There...I laughed.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:16 pm

Well from a christians perspective the bible IS unquestionable truth, so as the debate taking place is between christian people, it should be assumed to be so for this.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:20 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
Well from a christians perspective the bible IS unquestionable truth, so as the debate taking place is between christian people, it should be assumed to be so for this.

But what is "Unquestionable Truth" from a Muslims perspective?

Always amazed that all religions believe in "one true god" yet end up spilling blood to reinforce their beliefs over the others.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:52 pm

No one who truly follows the Bible has ever spilt anybodys blood, just because someone says they are a christian doesnt mean they are one.

You can tell everyone you are a car , and you can even sleep in the garage but it still wont make you a car. The Bible says by their fruits you will know them.

Eunos 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:53 pm

****cough*****crusades****cough******

Quote:
No one who truly follows the Bible has ever spilt anybodys blood
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:23 am

Like I said they werent proper christians Eunos. Its ok to say I am a christian, but by their fruits you will know them. True christians would never do such things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: