Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Pope and the RC church

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing all that up, Nuxta ... I'm very relieved to know that George Bush is not a real Christian.

To be honest, I knew that already ... it's just that he's managed to fool a significant percentage of the American people into believing that he is.

crackers57 

Let sleeping dogs lie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:41 am

David from Canberra wrote:
Well from a christians perspective the bible IS unquestionable truth, so as the debate taking place is between christian people, it should be assumed to be so for this.

That's a joke - christians just interpret the bible to suit their own idea of the truth even when debating with themselves.

Canberra Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:20 am

Let's get one thing clear. I despise foaming at the mouth,fundamentalist charismatics. They have become a huge money making empire. Their misuse of God's word to push their political barrow in the US has left us with a lunatic in the White House. Bush is a dumb puppet. He is surrounded by Bible bashers from that same fundamentalist cess pit.
I have already posted my views on the Pope. I,for one, wont miss him.

OK nuxta. Explain the Coptics. They trace their origin back to when Peter was Bishop of Antioch. Their version of the bible is unchanged from that time. Their ceremonies are the same as they were when Peter left for Rome.
Which version of the Bible do you use nuxta? The Falwell version? The Haggert version? Maybe you use the tax dodging,send me your money,Benny Hine version. Let us know so we can clear up just how deluded your beliefs are.
Fundamentalist charismatics do spill blood. How many clinics in the US have been bombed just because they may or may not perform abortions.

crackers57 

Let sleeping dogs lie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:49 pm

Woah! Go Canberra - a first class rant

And without having first hand knowledge I'm sure that there are zealots from all religions who manipulate the teachings to serve their own agendas

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:00 pm

Canberra, I read the Authorised Version or as it is more commonly known, the King James Version. When did Peter ever go to rome? Where did you learn that tidbit from. What evidence it there of Peter ever going to Rome.

And as I said before you are just assuming they are fundamentalist believers. They can call themselves what ever they like but it doesnt change what they are. I am a fundamentlist Christian as I believe in and follow all the fundamental teachings in the bible. I go to a fundamental church that is full of fundamental christians and none of them spill anyones blood, and neither do I.

As I said before call yourself what ever you like but By their fruits you will know them.

Last edited by Pa Marmo on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:33 pm

I miss you Birdy!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:53 pm

Did I ever leave? Laughing
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:17 pm

Canberra wrote:
Bush is a dumb puppet. He is surrounded by Bible bashers from that same fundamentalist cess pit.

I guess George Bush just isn't one of those believers who would profess to know Christ but then ignore His commandments. Bush has brought democracy and freedom to the Middle East, fighting the evil terrorists, and spreading good in an evil world. We now see the liberation of Iraq and Afganistan has sparked a desire for democracy in other countries of the region. The way things are shaping out, the worst nightmare of all the lefty radicals is becoming a reality, that George Bush may have actually been right.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:24 pm

George Bush been right about what may I ask ?

www.facebook/the hybernators
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:27 pm

I knew he was president, but I never knew he been right about what may he or she ask.
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:37 pm

nuxta wrote:
Canberra, I read the Authorised Version or as it is more commonly known, the King James Version. When did Peter ever go to rome? Where did you learn that tidbit from. What evidence it there of Peter ever going to Rome.

And as I said before you are just assuming they are fundamentalist believers. They can call themselves what ever they like but it doesnt change what they are. I am a fundamentlist Christian as I believe in and follow all the fundamental teachings in the bible. I go to a fundamental church that is full of fundamental christians and none of them spill anyones blood, and neither do I.

As I said before call yourself what ever you like but By their fruits you will know them.

and you probably believe that the world is flat too.

p.s when is jesus gonna blow his trumpet in the big blue sky and all the little angels come down and take all the good people up to heaven??

You are a 1st class fundamentalist RANTER!

P.s.s it seems like a good idea to throw away the 'bible' and religion, love thy neighbor and the planet, semi obey the law and get to know ones self.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:37 pm

crackers57 wrote:
It makes me laugh when people quote from the bible like it is some unquestionable truth - I may as well quote sections from Harry Potter and expect people just to accept it.

I certainly hope you're not inferring that Harry Potter is just a work of fiction? Rolling Eyes

Dyso
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:13 pm

3rd degree wrote:
George Bush been right about what may I ask ?

About removing an evil dictator in Saddam and taking the offensive on terrorism.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:15 pm

eddies bank balance wrote:

p.s when is jesus gonna blow his trumpet in the big blue sky and all the little angels come down and take all the good people up to heaven??

The current state of the world indicates we could very well be in the last days right now. Look at the two great earthquakes we saw on the day after Christmas and the day after Easter. What are the odds of that happening? The signs are appearing and will only increase the closer we get to the end.

Quote:

P.s.s it seems like a good idea to throw away the 'bible' and religion, love thy neighbor and the planet, semi obey the law and get to know ones self.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:28 pm

No definately spherical the way the Lord made it.

This magnificent event will take place at the fullness of the gentiles coming in or to put it another way, when the last non jew who is going to believe, believes

That is the nicest thing anyone has ever called me but I am not worthy of it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: