Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Labor party's bid to recruit McGuire

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Eddie succeed if that was his choice, because he would be a good politician. Having said that, his priority right now should be Collingwood. it wouldn't alienate Collingwood liberal supporters, we already knew eddie was slightly leaning in the left direction, and though I'm a Liberal supporter I don't have any real problems with his political views, its not as if he's a greeny or anything....... anyway even if he was a greeny that wouldn't take away any respect I have for what he's done for Collingwood.
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

"He's successful, he believes in Liberal philosiphies of hard work and self improvement, he is himself the ultimate self improver, he's entrepreneurial and, hence, loves money. These things don't really add up to an ALP man. I've always thought myself if he went into politics he'd be a Lib. He even said himself on SEN that he's hosted the 500 Club luncheons for the last 12 years. Let me tell you, no one who remotely smells a little red goes near those things."

What a typically ignorant comment from your standard lib/conservative mentality.

Since when does self improvement and seeking wealth strike you out from representing the Labor Party?

Eddie has shown time and again his desire to help those in need; which is the core of true Labor policy. Labor = for the common good, Liberal = for my own good (i.e. the privileged and powerful who want to stay that way at the expense of others along with the selfish bastards who only think of what's in it for them. A group which Howard has been able to manipulate perfectly).

Eddie doesn't forget his upbringing but I'm sure he's aware of the fact that most Broady boys are not going to follow in his foot steps. Which is why he's motivated to help others and possibly eventually society through politics.

There are plenty of wealthy, self made people who have not forgotten their roots and continue to support a Labor philosophy. Unfortunately, there aren't many that come from a privileged upbringing who turn around to support those less privileged. The 'born to rule' types with their right wing ravings are the truly sickening scum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: